start menu icons/desktop icons

is there a way to have these as different sizes? when i change my desktop icons, the icons on the right side of the start menu also become huge. is there a way to do this, or make a desktop x icon that is (basically) the recycle bin? it needs to show when it is full or empty. thanks.

for desktop icons

right click...properties...appearance...advanced.

in the drop-down box, go to icon. change the size in the next box over.

for start menu icons

right click on start button...properties...customize...check "small icons" in the top box

not sure if that answered your question, it was rather confusing. sorry if not.

for desktop icons

right click...properties...appearance...advanced.

in the drop-down box, go to icon. change the size in the next box over.

for start menu icons

right click on start button...properties...customize...check "small icons" in the top box

not sure if that answered your question, it was rather confusing. sorry if not.

here the problem (pic attached)

the recyle bin icon is on the desktop, that is the size i would like the desktop icons to be (and only the desktop icons). on the left is the start menu, the icons on the right side of the menu are huge, i want them to be back to normal size. on the right side i'm exploring my files (in icon view) and i would like those icons to be normal size as well.

post-34-1089567268.jpg

I think WindowFx can do what you are talking about...

yeah that does it,but its only a 30 day trial and takes up memory in the background. i don't think its worth it to buy for that one feature. any other ideas?

edit: thanks for the help, but i got it, i just made a desktop x object and was able to configure it like the recycle bin.

Edited by seifer_seph

I was thinking...even though it is a 30 day trial I don't think it would undo all your changes to the start menu after that 30 days was up would it? I mean, they should be permanent, even after the 30 day trial is up.

I was thinking...even though it is a 30 day trial I don't think it would undo all your changes to the start menu after that 30 days was up would it? I mean, they should be permanent, even after the 30 day trial is up.

ok, i'll change it then and hope it doesn't change back.