Who tested God

I know this may seem a strange request, but who tested God in the bible? I think someone was going to jump off a cliff or something, to see whether God would save his life?

References/quotes from the Bible would help.

Thanks in advance,

mark03

thats stupid!

with stupid idea!

God dosen't said to jump from cliff then I WILL SAVE YOU TO SHOW MY EXISTANT

thats stupid!

with stupid idea!

God dosen't said to jump from cliff then I WILL SAVE YOU TO SHOW MY EXISTANT

:huh: Was that supposed to help... or even make sense? :pinch:

Just to get things clear... I don't read the Bible, I'm not religious.

I'm pretty sure I know what i'm talking about here.

I know this may seem a strange request, but who tested God in the bible? I think someone was going to jump off a cliff or something, to see whether God would save his life?

Thanks in advance,

mark03

do you mean when Satan was trying to tempt Jesus during his 40? days in the desert? (or something like that)

It would probably be in Mathew Mark Luke or John somewhere.

hope that helps.

Just to get things clear... I don't read the Bible, I'm not religious.

I'm pretty sure I know what i'm talking about here.

You didn't explain it that well but I get what you mean.

You'd be more likely to find something in the Old Testament than the New Testament, if that helps.

Your request sounds more like the fire and brimstone stuff of the Old Testament rather than the love thy neighbour stuff of the New Testament.

I think God (I don't see him as an almighty person living above us somewhere in the sky, but as an energy out of which we, or better said EVERYTHING in the universe, are made off) never asked us to read and live by the bible.

Religion is made up by humans, believe is something allmost everybody feels inside themselves. So I think testing God is really testing yourself!!!

satan tempted jesus during his 40 days in the desert, telling him to throw himself off the cliff and the Lord will send his angels to rescue him

Or... perhaps you're thinking of Job? Job was a man dedicated to God, and Satan challenged God to smite him and see if he stayed loyal.

satan tempted jesus during his 40 days in the desert, telling him to throw himself off the cliff and the Lord will send his angels to rescue him

That's the one!

Anyone got any references for that?

Thankyou! :yes:

Thanks in advance,

mark03

I honestly don't beleive in god.

My mother looks after a old lady who is paralysed.

What has god done for the old lady? She sits in bed every day, wishing she could walk like every one else.

She has been christian for the whole of her life and god has not done a thing.

Explain this, all you god lovers. :crazy:

:laugh: Why don't you test God for yourself ?

I honestly don't beleive in god.

My mother looks after a old lady who is paralysed.

What has god done for the old lady? She sits in bed every day, wishing she could walk like every one else.

She has been christian for the whole of her life and god has not done a thing.

Explain this, all you god lovers. :crazy:

I'm not religious, but my opinion of being religious is that you believe in your own heart doing good deeds and helping others, and to love others, sure reality can be harsh sometimes, but in that old lady's case, she've been a christian for the whole of her life, and she's prolly spend her time caring others and loving the others, tho something bad like this happened, your mom is there to take care of her and help her, and she have people like you who shows care about her too, that's what it matters now.

I don't really care if god existed, and I doubt he can help everyone, but it's just a belief that gets you through tough times in your life.

I'm not religious, but my opinion of being religious is that you believe in your own heart doing good deeds and helping others, and to love others, sure reality can be harsh sometimes, but in that old lady's case, she've been a christian for the whole of her life, and she's prolly spend her time caring others and loving the others, tho something bad like this happened, your mom is there to take care of her and help her, and she have people like you who shows care about her too, that's what it matters now.

I don't really care if god existed, and I doubt he can help everyone, but it's just a belief that gets you through tough times in your life.

Tough times?

Stop joking me around. :rolleyes:

I think you are refering to Gideon, who 'tested' God by asking Him to show that He would use Gideon to rescue the people of Israel. Gideon asked God to make a wool fleece wet and the surrounding ground dry, and the next day to make the fleece dry and the ground dry.

I found it for you here Judges 6:36-39.

:laugh: Why don't you test God for yourself ?

:no: Why don't you go troll someone else's thread?

@mr.phrodo: Thanks man, although I was really looking for the one with the cliff!