August Desktops

After my last two desktop posts, I have decided to tone down my approach to desktop posts. This time, I will post less information and more "eye candy".

The third instalment of this month's desktop has been modded for a dark feeling. It also features a dark mod of a wallpaper SickWorm generously gave it to me. The gradient effect was discovered while modding the wallpaper in Microsoft Office Picture Manager. While some may find it ugly, however, I feel that it gives a sort of a "canvas" effect to it. The Windows Theme is unchanged; refer to my last desktop post for information on the Windows Theme. The Samurize configs here are (from top to bottom) Milk Suite System Widget, Milk Suite Weather Widget, and the Longhorn Analogue Clocks. Other applications include Y'z Shadow and Y'z Toolbar (Y'z Toolbar is responsible for the toolbar buttons in the Explorer windows, while Y'z Shadow is responsible for the window's shadows).

Screenshots:

Showcase (Clean):

AugustDesk3_Showcase.jpg

Real World (Dirty):

AugustDesk3_RealWorld.jpg

Download Links Menu:

Windows Theme: Longhorn Aero by KoL

Desktop Programs: Serious Samurize

Samurize Widget 1: Milk Suite

Samurize Widget 2: Longhorn Analogue Clocks by A.K.R. (me)

Edited by A.K.R.

Here's my desktop:

http://www.freepgs.com/swampthoughts/pics/desktop.jpg

the countdown clock works, and the gator flag is animated. The two pictures in the middle are clips from a classic game of big sacks on the Tennessee QB. Also in the bottom right, (not in the picture) there is a control for playing the UF fight song. I created this myself. :cool:

Tell me, why do you stick around here on Neowin? You obviously by far exceeded our wildest expectations and surpassed us all by great giant steps in desktop innovation. You sir, are a genius. No really! :devil:

Actually, I don't mean to sound mean. I mean..ugh. Nice desktop! (Y)

Do you use Samurize for the animated flag or what? I've been thinking about making little animated widgets on my desktop ;)

nice Kidrocky

got a link to that wall please

you know that imitation is the greatest form of flattery

I want my desktop to be like yours

Edited by Xavier

first dark desktop in a long time. downsized from 1920x1200.

taskbar = shinobi WB by Smoke

object dock pngs = dark brushed spots by b-sided

y'z shadow

freeshade