First Post - The Resurrection!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
IT'S ALIVE!

Rule 10: No spamming, Ever!

Spamming is characterized by the initiation of threads or posts that contribute nothing to a forum, be it off topic or on topic. Examples include: empty bodies, bodies with few words that have no relation to the current thread or discussion and those posts that state they are spam, either to annoy, advertise or increase a member's post count. Users may not use news item comments to advertise or promote another product. Resurrecting old forum posts is also not appreciated unless it serves a worthy cause to the forum. This determination is made by the forum Moderator or Administrator and is not up for discussion.

I think that puts your warn level up to 100% :p

This may be a silly question, but if this is the first topic, why is it topic #2? :p

The real first topic is the 'Welcome to your IPB installation' topic that gets added when you install, and everyone removes right away.

IT'S ALIVE!

post-21616-1212075964.jpg

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Igor, would you mind telling me whose brain I did put in?

Igor: And you won't be angry?

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: I will NOT be angry.

Igor: Abby someone.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Abby someone. Abby who?

Igor: Abby Normal.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Abby Normal?

Igor: I'm almost sure that was the name.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Are you saying that I put an abnormal brain into a seven and a half foot long, fifty-four inch wide GORILLA?

[shakes and grabs him]

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE TELLING ME?

/First thing I thought of. :laugh:

I have with Neowin since it was a tiny baby (I remember the forums at MSN Groups, I think I may have been a member there :p And I remember that boy launching an all out war against neowin & trying to create a Neowin2.net) sniff sniff :D Aha Those are the days. But I never registered an account until a few years ago.

Now my post is preserved for eternity at the thread that began all threads :p :)

Gotta love the poll about which OS. :)

Yeah, it was a pain in the butt to get WfW 3.11 onto the internet. There was a Trumpet Winsock add-in thing that would enable you to dial up and connect to the internet with your 9600 baud modem (or whatever you had). The USR Courier Robotics things used to be $900.

Windows 95 was the first Microsoft OS that had TCP/IP connectivity built in (well, NT 3.5 may have had it first but that was a Server OS).

The real first topic is the 'Welcome to your IPB installation' topic that gets added when you install, and everyone removes right away.

Or people edit it to make an announcement out of it, then you don't lose the fancy 1.

Wow, I just read the first page again. I didn't even know of Neowin's existence then. Also Keldyn posted back then, it's been ages since I heard the fella. Weird flashback stuff.