Mozilla Sunbird 0.2 build released

New Sunbird Builds Now Available

Simon Paquet writes: "New Sunbird builds for Windows, Linux and OS X (for the first time) have been released. You can download them from the Mozilla FTP server. These builds are the first to feature a new default theme, a new logo and the customizable toolbar functionality. Please note that Sunbird is still an experimental technology preview and these builds contain bugs and are a little bit rough around the edges."

Source: MozillaZine

EDIT: I have been playing around with it for a few hours now and I am mighty impressed by it.

I found this:

Mozilla Sunbird, the standalone version of Mozilla Calendar, has a new default theme. Designed by Mark Carson and Chris Cook, the new theme is based on Winstripe, the new default theme for Mozilla Firefox. Mark Carson has made screenshots of the new theme (some mockups and works-in-progress) available. The new theme was chosen after a public design contest; the still ongoing topic in the MozillaZine Forums has more details.

A related effort to find an official logo and icon set for Sunbird is still underway. Three finalist logos have been selected and voting is now underway to choose a winner (only those who contributed feedback previously are eligible to vote). At the time of writing, the logo designed by Mark Carson is in the lead.

Yet another great app from the Mozilla Foundation.

Too bad it's missing synchronization support though. Going to have to stick to Outlook until/unless this feature is added :(

Spiffy! This looks real good. My only question is... Is there a way to make this open via Thunderbird? Is there a tool bar button extension that could activate the program?

All in all, Firefox+Thunderbird+Sunbird=Quick and easy replacements for IE and Outlook.

I posted in another thread how it just seems easier to download these programs and set them up than sit and install office, get the updates, and set up outlook when I have to re-image my laptop (or IE for that matter)