WinRAR Interface Patch

Question

(?`?._.?[Current Status: WinRAR 3.40 GUI Patch v1.0 Released / WinRAR 3.41 GUI Patch v1.1 Pending]?._.???)(?`?._.?[Last Update (posted below): Update #17 (11/07/2004)]?._.???)[/b>UPDATE #17: WinRAR 3.41 GUI Patch v1.1 coming soon :Dith a bonus :D)!bonus UPDATE #16: Announcing the release of the WinRAR 3.40 GUI Patch v1.0 (English only at this time)!

Neowin member 'DanyBoss' has submitted the WinRAR 3.40 GUI Patch v1.0 to Softpedia!:cool:se vote :cool:.

Download:

MD5 hash: 01fb46eb96a81138040894ca3d04fbe5

Neowin member 'B3AN' provided the initial mirrors for distribution here (reported to have generated over 40GBs of traffic before B3AN had to remove it!) and here!

Additional mirrors contributed by outstanding Neowin members:

Provided by Neowin member 'nekrosoft13'

Provided by Neowin member 'Larney'

Provided by Neowin member 'harleydog'

Provided by Neowin member 'jmc777'

Provided by Neowin member 'Shilohw'

Provided by Neowin member 'oqwarrior'

Provided by Neowin member 'Ryan92'

Provided by Neowin member 'amoeba'

Provided by Neowin member 'war'

Provided by Neowin member 'StOrM'

Provided by Neowin member 'paradise'

Provided by Neowin member 'TheDarkKnight'

Provided by Neowin member 'Rabbai'

Provided by Neowin member 'The Burning Rom'

Provided by Neowin member 'Shaidar'

Provided by Neowin member 'KZWings'

Provided by Neowin member 'Danrarbc641'

Thanks!

Please mirror the file if you can (since I have become overloaded with PMs, please resend me a message if you can mirror the file). More mirrors will be posted to this thread as they become available.available.

Original postings (outdated):

Greetings fellow Neowinians.

I wanted to announce this when I had proper permission from everyone to actually release it, but with all of the recent talk regarding the WinRAR GUI I might as well post the information.

I have been working on a small WinRAR GUI patch based on FOOOD's icons. It began as a private project, but as it progressed, I thought about the possibility of releasing it. The patcher (GUI-based) weighs in at around 270 KB and currently works on the 3.40 B3/4 releases.

This required more time than anything, but I will release it if I can secureUPDATE #1: Eugene Roshal from WinRAR has given his permission. Thanks Eugene.neUPDATE #2: FOOOD from FOOOD's Icons has given his permission. FOOOD is sending me some tweaks to be implemented in the released version. Look for such a release following soon after. I will also contact Eugene Roshal to try to determine an estimated release date for 3.40 final, as only supporting the final version would be much easier. Thanks FOOOD.ODUPDATE #3: WinRAR 3.40 final is not expected until an estimated mid-September (get those last bug reports in!). After I receive the updated components from FOOOD, I will decide how to proceed.o UPDATE #4: FOOOD's updates:yes: arrived :yes:. I think everyone will be quite pleased. I will get to work :cool:ng them :cool:.emUPDATE #5: Screenshot previews using FOOOD's updates added as images #7 and #8 below. Please note that these are not final, as there are still images to replace (such as the arrows, disk drive, key, etc.). The main buttons are at, what effectively is, 36x36. I am trying to find a work around to this limitation right now. These icons really start looking great at 48x48, but they REALLY begin shining at 64 x 64. They are fantastically detailed and of typical FOOOD quality. I really want to show that off. tUPDATE #6: The icon size limitation I alluded to in UPDATE #5 :yes:xed! :yes:. I want to thank Eugene Roshal from WinRAR for taking a second out of working on 3.40 Final to send me some hints on this issue. If you use WinRAR on a regular basis, please register and support them. Also, if you enjoy all of the work FOOOD contributes for FREE to the community, please consider donating a little som:cool: to him :cool:.imUPDATE #7: I attached four more screenshots below to wet your appetite. I also moved the 'Alpha/Concept' screenshots into links for our modem viewers. When the patch is released, you will have a choice of which pixel size icons work best for you. The exact options have yet to be finalized, although 48 (shown below in the new screenshots), 64 (also shown below in the new screenshots), and 72 pixel versions :De safe bets :D. This way, you can tailor the interface more to your preference. More to follow... fUPDATE #8: I MIGHT release this patch for B6 so some foks can test it out (if I am satisfied with it, and FOOOD passes his final approval). I added five new screenshots below and moved older ones to links. 'B3' has a few toolbar icon updates, context icons, file icons, 'About' picture. More to follow... fUPDATE #9: I posted a small update here. More to follow... fUPDATE #10: I just had my power restored following Hurricane Frances. I will have to catch up on the thread. Attached a few screenshots of 'Beta 4' below. More to follow... fUPDATE #11: We are still ;)rking on it ;). WinRAR is getting new 'SFX' and 'Recovery' file icons, as well as tweaked toolbar and context menu icons:cool:y tuned :cool:.edUPDATE #12: Okay folks, here is the deal. FOOOD and I are in totally different time zones. When I am awake, he is asleep (and vice versa). This makes turn-around time on 'suggestions/receiving new files' a bit long sometimes.

We are adding a few more cool things at the last minute, so I think everyone will be quite happy with it.

Thanks again for all of the comments...I know you folks want to play with it and we are trying our best to get it out.

Regards.

UPDATE #13: As this patch has progressed, we have continuously identified areas we could improve/expand upon. Although we are open to additional tweaking in the future, we want this to be as complete as possible right out the door. The enthusiasm in this thread has been (and currently is) great to see and is most definitely a motivation to make you folks as happy as possible with the finished 'product'.

Instead of a rush job, we want to make sure we implement the highest quality artwork in all areas of WinRAR. As FOOOD mentioned, time sometimes becomes a constraint. While this project has taken longer than originally anticipated, its scope of coverage has also increased over what was originally planned. Let it be known that we are working to the best of our ability to make this happen as soon as we can, with the highest quality possible. pUPDATE #14: As FOOOD mentioned, additions to the patch are complete. All that remains is writing/organizing the copyright text, completing the Readme, and compiling together the patcher executable. We are in th;)homestretch ;). reUPDATE #15: Greetings folks. The complete download package has been sent off to FOOOD for his final approval and posting. It weighs in at 3.82 MB, which includes several file type icons created by FOOOD, documentation, and, of course:Dthe patches :D. Hold tight..ldUPDATE #16: Announcing the release of the WinRAR 3.40 GUI Patch v1.0 (English only at this time)!

Neowin member 'DanyBoss' has submitted the WinRAR 3.40 GUI Patch v1.0 to Softpedia!:cool:se vote :cool:.

Download:

MD5 hash: 01fb46eb96a81138040894ca3d04fbe5

Neowin member 'B3AN' provided the initial mirrors for distribution here (reported to have generated over 40GBs of traffic before B3AN had to remove it!) and here!

Additional mirrors contributed by outstanding Neowin members:

Provided by Neowin member 'nekrosoft13'

Provided by Neowin member 'Larney'

Provided by Neowin member 'harleydog'

Provided by Neowin member 'jmc777'

Provided by Neowin member 'Shilohw'

Provided by Neowin member 'oqwarrior'

Provided by Neowin member 'Ryan92'

Provided by Neowin member 'amoeba'

Provided by Neowin member 'StOrM'

Provided by Neowin member 'paradise'

Provided by Neowin member 'TheDarkKnight'

Provided by Neowin member 'Rabbai'

Provided by Neowin member 'The Burning Rom'

Provided by Neowin member 'Shaidar'

Provided by Neowin member 'KZWings'

Provided by Neowin member 'Danrarbc641'

Please mirror the file if you can (since I have become overloaded with PMs, please resend me a message if you can mirror the file). More mirrors will be posted to this thread as they become available.available.

Thanks again for the great co:happy: folks :happy:.

________________________________Eye candy:Ey'Alpha/Concept' screenshots (outdated) (moved to links fo:)modem users :)):)):

1)

http://pics.xs.to/pics/04085/rarIcons1.png

2)

http://pics.xs.to/pics/04085/rarIcons2.png

3)

http://pics.xs.to/pics/04085/rarIcons3.png

4)

http://pics.xs.to/pics/04085/rarIcons4.png

5)

http://pics.xs.to/pics/04085/rarIcons5.png

6)

http://pics.xs.to/pics/04085/rarIcons6.png

________________________________'Beta 1' screenshots (outdated) (moved to links fo:)modem users :)):)):

7) [Luna]

http://pics.xs.to/pics/04082/rarpatchbeta.png

http://pics.xs.to/pics/04082/classic.png

________________________________'Beta 2' screenshots (outdated) (Only 48x48 and 64x64 pixel versions are shown!;);):

http://pics.xs.to/pics/04094/Beta2Luna48All.png

http://pics.xs.to/pics/04094/Beta2Luna64.png

http://pics.xs.to/pics/04094/Beta2Luna64All.png

http://pics.xs.to/pics/04094/Beta2Classic64.png

________________________________'Beta 3' screenshots (outdated):d):

http://pics.xs.to/pics/04095/3about.png

http://pics.xs.to/pics/04095/3toolbar.png

http://pics.xs.to/pics/04095/3information.png

http://pics.xs.to/pics/04095/3wizard.png

http://pics.xs.to/pics/04095/3assorted.png

________________________________'Beta 4' screenshots (current):t):

4832.png

6448.png

classis48326448.png

Edited by SentientPC

Why can't i edit my posts :blink:

Yes i agree Slimy, this would not look out of place if it came with it as standard. I mainly like it for the icon changes to the RAR's themselves, no longer an eye sore in XP.

Anyhow snip is where i found this altered 3.42 file if anyones interested.

*Just realised that the creator of the original icons gets a bit upset when ppl make and post these things without his permission. I removed the link just incase, if you want the file for 3.42 then PM me and ill send u the link.

Edited by RobertH

Why can't i edit my posts :blink:

585259261[/snapback]

After 30 minutes I believe, you cannot edit your posts.

On the other hand, when you create a thread, you can always edit the first post anytime, just that one.

Snapshot here...

I'll post the link if i can.

585258839[/snapback]

Dont think you want to post link to that one.. :ninja: Just looking at the about dialog... :whistle: you could get in to some real trouble, not for the modified icons or any part of the GUI.. But I bet the EXE has been modified in some other way.

F#@k it then...Theyve obviously got no interest in the project anymore.:crazy:

I dont care if he yells(caps) at me:sleep: ...hes only a icon creator, not me dad or god almighty  ;) .

Gonna go post mine elsewhere incase he accuses me of theft or something similar.Couldnt care less anyway, but it probably infinges a little on the rule side of things where Neowin is concerned...

Thanks for the heads-up

585248729[/snapback]

With an attitude like that I might not just have it removed but would consider suing for copyright infringment.

Yeah.. we cant post it here without OK's.. the rules would give FOOOD and others the option to ask for the removal of the links.  And he has still not been online since the 27th.. I give up too.  I am not visiting this thread again till I get a PM from someone with news. Anyone need to ask anything regarding this, PM me.. Cause this thread is dead to me..

585250901[/snapback]

Jebus! What's wrong with you people? I don't know where you all live but where I live (the UK) we celebrate Christmas.

I've been away on holiday & haven't been working.

So haven't had the chance (or particularly wanted to) access the internet.

I keep trying to drop subtle hints about what's going on but you don't seem to be getting it.

So here it is a little less subtle...

I'm talking to the creator of WinRAR about making the icons available in the official release on WinRAR.

If all goes well they won't be the default icons but will be an option. So it won't matter what new versions of WinRAR come out, the icons will work with any future release.

It won't happen for the 3.42 version (as you'll already know) but if all goes well will be implemented in a new build.

In the meantime I don't have a problem with people making their own versions of the patch & send them privately to friends.

Just as long as they don't release them publicly

I sent an email to SentientPC before Christmas but haven't had a reply, so don't know what's going on at his end.

All the posts asking what's going on just make this thread bloated & full of spam.

Thanks for clearing it all up FOOOD (sounds like i'm shouting when I type that :pinch:. Sure it'll stop alota moaning thats going on here.

Hope all goes well with including it in the release.

I did the job myself, and the icons are all cut-off... but still looks great iCandy style. :D

Maybe lock up the thread until any news on the actual official GUI patch is available?

With an attitude like that I might not just have it removed but would consider suing for copyright infringment.

Removed from P2P networks?? ie eMule, Bit-torrent

The RIAA & MPAA arent having much luck so I doubt you will

Thanks for at least posting & giving us an update

I'm talking to the creator of WinRAR about making the icons available in the official release on WinRAR.

If all goes well they won't be the default icons but will be an option. So it won't matter what new versions of WinRAR come out, the icons will work with any future release.

It won't happen for the 3.42 version (as you'll already know) but if all goes well will be implemented in a new build.

That's great FOOOD. Sounds really cool :D

In the meantime I don't have a problem with people making their own versions of the patch & send them privately to friends.

Just as long as they don't release them publicly

585260661[/snapback]

All I wanted to here.. :woot: I figured you might still be on holiday.. I do not get the chance to access the net much while working and the time I do is mostly in my personal time (which I, reverse of your holiday, had more time during the extra time off of work). So no harm or insult intended, just used to the pace of many speedy things on the internet....

I hope this thread shows the extreme like and demand of your icons by so many here (and I assume else where), that if something happens with RarLabs/RarSoft, you will might get some reimbursement for your time.

Stop complaining you ungrateful ******s!!

Foood isn't doing this for money and all everyone does is complain about the lack of work on updated versions of WinRAR. Are you paying him? NO! This is a thread I have been subscribed for some time as it is a great project for all to enjoy and I hate having to see people spamming every time I check for new posts.

Give Foood some love and less ignorance. I am not calling everyone on it as there is a lot of tasteful comments.

You know who you are!

Thanks Foood

Dont want to see spam? = unsubscribe

A lot of people just wanted to be kept up to date with what was happening, now that Foood's answered that, that should keep us impatient people happy for a while

now that Foood's answered that, that should keep us impatient people happy for a while

585265706[/snapback]

For how long? People keep pi**ing him off, he's gonna stop the project. That's very easy for him to do.

For how long?  People keep pi**ing him off, he's gonna stop the project. That's very easy for him to do.

585287027[/snapback]

Dont take this the wrong way.. but you got the thread up to the top again for that useless comment? To begin with, FOOOD only made the icons from what I am aware of.. Nice icons, but others have been used in the same type of modication.

I have only added to the pointlessness of the last how many pages of this thread because I answered your reply with my own. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... :laugh:

Proof.. I watched this for just a few moments after posting this.. Hahahahah... 10 views (discounting mine) in the last few seconds just because of the hopes of many regarding this thread..

Edited by bilemke

anyone who  want the alien patch and the one w/ food's icons for the new winrar3.42? :D

pm me... :woot:

585308162[/snapback]

No thanks, I hex edited and reshacked my own.

**Edit**

Ah 250 posts, I'm officialy a fanatic after 2 1/2 years. lol

damn you guys for making me look in here.....

@Larney...Bit late for that mate

Somewhere back in page 60 it all started

585308214[/snapback]

It also ended when a Mod said not to but you obviously disregard rules?

Your telling the story ya know-it-all.

Must be sad to be you...

585308350[/snapback]

Like I said in another thread are you going to keep posting waste of actually contribute?

Clip the personal attacks from this thread please, PM spam me if you want to do that but its just lame...