Alternative to Audigy

i have the Intel AC'97 6.1 Audo Integrated on my board its way better than my Audigy Platinum EX. I have Sony DVD Dream Sound System and Creative I-Trigue 3300 hooked up to it. beautiful sound. ten band equalizer

i think the audigy series are great cards. i havent heard the audigy 2 series but i own the audigy platinum with the front panel and i think it has great sound. and i dont have mine hooked up to pc stereo speakers. and i dont have it hooked up to headphones. nope. i dont use those. i have a 1000 watt rockford fosgate car amplifier hooked up to my audigy via rca cable and have 6 4-way 15" 300 watt speakers and 4 3-way 12" 250 watt speaks hooked up to the amp. and when i want to listen to a cd, well i just put it in my sony dvd player hooked up to my audigy front panel drive. and i have 3 other amps with 8 more speakers hooked up to them. and ive had lots of people listen to my setup and they are blown away. it vibrates the whole house. and like other people have said on here, if the audigy cards sucked, i dont think they would have won all of those awards and people wouldnt be buying them. and they are very configurable and thats just one of the things i like about them. if i had more money id have a much better setup than what i have. and its not just the card that can make music/games/dvd/etc.. sound good. its the speakers also. if you have good speakers with the audigy card, your in for some good sounding music. and u cant get the full experience with just a couple of stereo pc speakers. you need good large expensive speakers to get the most out of the audigy cards.

post-13-1093842865.jpg

The AC'97 6.1 onboard audio on my P4P800-E Deluxe provides great quality sound. Before that I had the older 5.1 AC'97. They work like a dream although this newer version seems to use a fair amount of CPU cycles.

Anyway, I would recommend terratec, the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, or E-MU.

i think the audigy series are great cards. i havent heard the audigy 2 series but i own the audigy platinum with the front panel and i think it has great sound. and i dont have mine hooked up to pc stereo speakers. and i dont have it hooked up to headphones. nope. i dont use those. i have a 1000 watt rockford fosgate car amplifier hooked up to my audigy via rca cable and have 6 4-way 15" 300 watt speakers and 4 3-way 12" 250 watt speaks hooked up to the amp. and when i want to listen to a cd, well i just put it in my sony dvd player hooked up to my audigy front panel drive. and i have 3 other amps with 8 more speakers hooked up to them. and ive had lots of people listen to my setup and they are blown away. it vibrates the whole house. and like other people have said on here, if the audigy cards sucked, i dont think they would have won all of those awards and people wouldnt be buying them. and they are very configurable and thats just one of the things i like about them. if i had more money id have a much better setup than what i have. and its not just the card that can make music/games/dvd/etc.. sound good. its the speakers also. if you have good speakers with the audigy card, your in for some good sounding music. and u cant get the full experience with just a couple of stereo pc speakers. you need good large expensive speakers to get the most out of the audigy cards.

Honestly your post is very wrong.

You spend your good hard earned money on a decent stereo (btw quoting watt ratings dosnt' say much about your speakers, brand/model will give more idea of what it is, wattage means very little in regards to quality). and wasting it on a audigy soundcard. Thats like buying a $50 CD player and hooking it up to your nice stereo.

You even say so yourself, you havn't heard anything else, so why are you even giving your opinion? No offence, but people posting with zero experience is not helping, audigy cards are crap, you buy another soundcard you will find out why.