Sisters Monitor CTX 1569SE Problem

Ok i've set my sister up a computer. Its just our old one but with some extra ram and a different monitor which was given to us.

ive installed everything, Latest NVidia Graphics Drivers. Its a Geforce MMX2 yeh i know old. But this is good enough for my sister Mainly to get her off my main computer :D

Ok the problem is the screen is really blurry and it makes most writing unreadable. Ive put it on 800x600 and 85 Hertz. Ive tried fiddling with hertz but it does nothing. The only thing which focuses the writing is if i put down the brightness and contrast to like 50 percent each. So i either have a dark monitor or a light one thats really blurry. I dont suppose there is anyway i can fix this.

Or am i stuck to have to buy a new monitor..not with my money ofcourse!

If so is there anywhere i can get a cheap 17 Inch Monitor in the UK. I got my 19 inch for ?109 from PC World so it should be cheaper than that. CRT ofcourse!! and it can be second hand i dont mind!

Bear in mind it is an old monitor. the one that came with the computer shes got broke. The tube just got too old and the screen made a funny noise and went a dodgy colour. No way of repairing that...

Thanks in advance guys!

Monitors tend to get very blurry when they age. I know my parents gateway monitor from 95 is doing this, but they refuse to get a new one. Trying to read text is difficult and hurts my eyes. I live over in america so i can't help you with a monitor. But its a 99% chance that it is the monitor.

Good Luck