HL2 menu screen mockup

I want to see what you guys think. I thought it would be more appropriate here in the gamers hangout, than in the graphic design forums. If otherwise, mods please move.

Here it is!

post-78-1094611412.jpg

It's cool, but screens of the actual menu have already been shown due to the leaked beta ;)

not necessarily true...the Condition Zero screen was different in final than the leaked one...

It's cool, but screens of the actual menu have already been shown due to the leaked beta ;)

Im sure they have changed that because it was based on the steam green colour, now in CS: S its grey. But when I finally get my mitts on this game, I'm going to mod it so the main screen looks something like that.

the leak did not have a 3d background, though it has been said that one of the more recent versions does have a 3d background.

3d background? like doom 3 kinda? i find that hard to believe when all the steam games thus far havent had animated backgrounds and only had static images.

PS the steam logo thingy goes on the right side allways so i wouldnt put valve there ;)

PS the steam logo thingy goes on the right side allways so i wouldnt put valve there  ;)

I dont think they will put the steam logo in HL2, dont know why, but just an instinct.

and ^ OmG You g0t b3t4!!oneone11 lol seriously, i got it too and you cant get anything out of the story from that beta. so it just satisfies my HL2 tooth until gold.

*edit w00t 50th post*

Edited by Mr. Apex

3d background? like doom 3 kinda? i find that hard to believe when all the steam games thus far havent had animated backgrounds and only had static images.

Why exactly is it hard to believe? Because games from 1998 don't have a 3D background?

well i assumed it wouldnt be 3d since cs source isnt 3d

cs:s is just a engine upgrade... not a whole new game... HL2 is a whole new game... so i think it might be possible... :)