[NCAA] The Gators are back!

Florida plays FOUR ranked teams - Georgia, LSU, Tennessee, Florida State - 2 of which are on the road, 1 in a neutral site. Last year, Florida played Miami, Georgia, LSU, Tennessee, Florida State, Arkansas -all of which were ranked at the time of playing.

So, I don't see where Florida gets off as having a cupcake schedule :huh:

In 2006, Miami will be back on the schedule.

Florida plays FOUR ranked teams - Georgia, LSU, Tennessee, Florida State - 2 of which are on the road, 1 in a neutral site. Last year, Florida played Miami, Georgia, LSU, Tennessee, Florida State, Arkansas -all of which were ranked at the time of playing.

So, I don't see where Florida gets off as having a cupcake schedule :huh:

In 2006, Miami will be back on the schedule.

i was just about to post the same thing. I would hardly call facing the defending national champs (LSU), FSU, Georgia, Tennessee, Arkansas (who, in case you missed it, nearly knocked off Texas,) and South Carolina (who, again in case you missed it, nearly knocked off Georgia,) in the same schedule a "cake walk" I think you need to learn your conferences better man...

florida doens't have a cupcake schedule. even though i hate the SEC, i think it's one of the "tough" conferences. the only thing that irks me is LSU playing non div 1a schools.

so in case it wasn't clear, i was saying that SEC teams DO play tough schedules.

Big 12, big east, pac 10 have weak schedules, in general.

oh i know brochaos, i was calling this out:

scheduling don?t get me started on that, Michigan always has a very hard schedule and it seems like UF, Miami, FSU, USC all have cakewalks (maybe 1 or 2 hard games) but compared to the big 10 schedule its a cakewalk...

btw ive been wondering BroChaos how/why you such a big michigan fan if you live in cali?

Let's admit it, the SEC teams have the toughest schedule because their conference is tough. Big 10 teams also face a tough scheduled because their conference is quite hard. Now lets stop flaming each conference, and enjoy college football and the games ahead :)

florida doens't have a cupcake schedule. even though i hate the SEC, i think it's one of the "tough" conferences. the only thing that irks me is LSU playing non div 1a schools.

so in case it wasn't clear, i was saying that SEC teams DO play tough schedules.

Big 12, big east, pac 10 have weak schedules, in general.

Sorry dude, I should have quoted the other post. I wasn't referring to yours.

hehe, i'm not mad at anybody. i hope nobody's mad at me :)

just having a good time discussing college football, and a little trash talking (as long as we use good information to back it up) never hurts :)

Regardless of the call, Dallas Baker should have never retaliated. I am almost 100% positive the ref was just waiting to see if Baker would retaliate, if not, he would have thrown the flag on the Tennessee player. All in all, Baker never should have retaliated and put himself in that position. That's one.

Couple that with the missed chip-shot field goal early in the 2nd half and also the complete lack of comittment to pressuring the quarterback (ONE freakin blitz call on the final play from scrimmage before the field goal????), and that's a recipe for a loss. For once, Ron Zook is not to blame for this loss. This was strictly on the players just being unable to come through when it mattered.

And it made me SICK seeing Phil Fulmer at the end of the game saying "We gave them some chances to hang in there." BS! We gave you a 15 yard penalty PLUS played a semi-prevent defense at the end. The guy has lies coming out of his mouth all the time :rolleyes:

yes, it was a bad call. BUT, you HAVE to know that the player who retaliates is the one who gets penalized. it's ALWAYS been that way through the whole history of all sports.

we looked incredible on offense

we need a lot of work on defense (and so does UT)

our players need more discipline (charles, crowder 2x, now baker w/1 minute left hits a guy? not smart)

chris leak will be a heisman, he is what that trophy is all about

on "the wall" on 34th street (for those unfamiliar with gainesville, it is a wall on the side of a road where people paint lots of different things,) someone wrote "Thanks Baker" really big for all of the passer-bys to see.

OJ small is not the fastest, quickest, or strongest reciever, but man can he make plays.

Fason is a beast, and should have been the RB to make that catch, instead we sent Wynn and he dropped it. That was a TD right there.

Matt Leach kicked one to beat UGA last year and missed one that ended up making a difference this year. He's 1 and 1 now.

That call was complete BS, and if you're going to make a BS call like that, at least get the clock right. If they had still given only baker the penalty and started the clock on ready to play, UF wins that game

This season has just begun, and i think we'll do just fine.