[Request] HIM Font

I'm guessing this is an album cover from a band? It probably was custom made by a graphic artist. Scan it and alter it with Paint maybe.

post-7-1095113763.jpg

Edited by CAH

who calls them 'her' lmao -- i personally dont listen to them but ive never heard someone refer to them as HER

@sentio; indeed :pinch:

Exactly my thoughts :huh: Even had people tell me that Ville was a Transexual :/ but I thought he's Bisexual :wacko:

who calls them 'her' lmao -- i personally dont listen to them but ive never heard someone refer to them as HER

@sentio; indeed :pinch:

That is the name they used in the US to release their music, because the name HIM was already copyrighted.

Although, everyone knows there name is HIM anyway

That is the name they used in the US to release their music, because the name HIM was already copyrighted.

Although, everyone knows there name is HIM anyway

Never heard that before

I'd love to have this font too - btw, the band is also called HER in the US.

No they don't. Ever watch Viva la Bam? His favorite band is HIM and they are advertised on his show nonstop. There is a much deeper meaning to the name and they wouldn't have to change their name to 'her' to sell cd's in the US.

No they don't. Ever watch Viva la Bam? His favorite band is HIM and they are advertised on his show nonstop. There is a much deeper meaning to the name and they wouldn't have to change their name to 'her' to sell cd's in the US.

actually, if you watch CKY4 then you'll see that infact HIM was called HER when they first released to the US - because of the fact that the name was already taken - but people still use the name HIM because thats their proper name.

They finally payed off the lame band in Chicago and now it is HIM in the US also, and the font is called Mason. And the name HIM also has no meaning at all. The lead singer (Ville Valo) just made up His Infernal Majesty in an interview and it took off. No actual meaning. Trust me, my favorite band (where my name comes from, a unreleased demo of Sigillum Diaboli). And if anyone has problems finding this font, just PM me and i'll set up a d/l on my ftp.

• 5 months later...

OK! Here we go, true story. The band is called HIM (his infernal majesty) they got it from an old horror movie(idk what year). So that's where their name comes from. When they first got a minor label in the US HIM was already taken by a Christian band. Which mean that minor label had to print her on it. After a legal spat, the little band was bought out and HIM dropped thier minor label for a few years. Jimmy Pop the singer from the Bloodhound Gang heard their music about the same time Bam Margera did for the first time. So at this point in time HIM was having to have their CD's imported to America (charging us loyal fans a pretty penny). Jimmy Pop started a record label with some other producers here in America JUST for HIM. They talked it over with their manager Seppo, and it was agreed on and they got a contract for America and in Febuary 2005 they released their album Love Metal here in America for regular price. THERE are all of the questions answered? I had sources for all of this.

SOURCES:

www.heartagram.com

Their DVD with all of their videos, including interviews, and the making of 2 videos

European translated websites

exactly, which makes no sense of why they would change it to HER which means nothing at all.

584572066[/snapback]

I am totally agree with you. The name HER doesnot have any sense. :no: and i think it is ridiculous. Although the name HIM was taken before in US, i think the best option would be to leave it as "His Infernal Majesty".

• 7 months later...

Okay people time to clean all this mess up. HIM stands for His Infernal Majesty, when they released their first album in the US they had to go by the name of HER because the name HIM was taken by a Christian rock band that needed to be shot repeatedly [they really sucked the balls]. HER was said to stand for Her or Horible Evil Royalty. And their album released in the US under the name of HER was in like 1996 not Febuary 2005. There its all taken care of now. Satisfied?

• 2 weeks later...

_Dom_ you can't acctually get the font from them now, they have made updates and are now on version 3 of their site. when they had verwion 1 you could download a web kit that had the font on it. I have the font on and old computer with a lot of other fonts but that computer is dead :( and seems like it dosen't want to be ressurected any time soon :crazy: , if I can work some voodoo Jesus magic on it I will put the file up on a site for all to download.