Desktop Icons without Text

Well, now I'm having so much fun playing with these I wanna do more... does anyone know where there's a list of all the explorer shell control panel things? Not really sure what they're called, but basically so I could add stuff to the control panel button, like add/remove programs. All the commands on it are of the form "Explorer.exe Shell:Something Here". Well, actually, some of them are in other forms. Blah, I guess more my question is what would the commands be for add/remove progs, that's really the one I want to add.

Thanks a lot... and now I'e got another question :D

I'm trying to make a counter-strike button by modding the IE one.  Changed the default icon, deleted all the keys in Shell except Open and changed it's command path to "%ProgramFiles%\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 10".  This is the same as the path on the regular shortcut I use now, but it's popping up an error message with title "Desktop" and message "Access Is Denied".  Any clue what might be causing this?

EDIT: Never mind, changing from the %ProgramFiles% to a literal C:\Program Files solved the problem...

584881243[/snapback]

He explained it here: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...ost&p=584873567

Herby:

But it does not want this position: rename, antivirus, winrar, etc. Some ideas?

584881474[/snapback]

Not jet, I don't think that it is possible to change it because it's a folder.

It's the only way I know to create one that you can move to any place you like.

Well, now I'm having so much fun playing with these I wanna do more... does anyone know where there's a list of all the explorer shell control panel things?  Not really sure what they're called, but basically so I could add stuff to the control panel button, like add/remove programs.  All the commands on it are of the form "Explorer.exe Shell:Something Here".  Well, actually, some of them are in other forms.  Blah, I guess more my question is what would the commands be for add/remove progs, that's really the one I want to add.

584881559[/snapback]

Here is a nice tool to play with.

It's called "Shell Object Editor" and you can add Shell Objects like the ones I created to the Desktop, My Computer, the Control Panel & the Network Neighbourhood.

You can't create context menus or nameless ones with it but it's a great tool (and it's free).

If you want to create a nameless one, just give it an uncommon name, search for that name in the registry and delete the value. :)

With this program you can also change the icons and locationsfrom existing ones (right click and select Expert Mode).

Herby is it possible to remove thows menus? if yes how?

584881858[/snapback]

nissmo300 explained how to remove the Winrar commands. :)

You can remove the Winamp commands in Winamp Preferences -> General Preferences -> Fyle Types -> Uncheck Show Winamp in Folder Context Menus.

It is possible to remove the rest, but when you do that you remove the commands from all folders.

thx :) well I found out how can I remove send to if some1 is interested then use this

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Send To]

@="{7BA4C740-9E81-11CF-99D3-00AA004AE837}"

584881915[/snapback]

When you remove that, you remove the Send To menu from all files. :pinch:

Herby, do you know where I can find a bunch of commands?

For exmaple the command lines for windows apps not software. Software is easy, you just look up the link in program files. But where did you find all the commands for windows like my computer, networks, control panel?

For exmaple the command lines for windows apps not software. Software is easy, you just look up the link in program files. But where did you find all the commands for windows like my computer, networks, control panel?

584884108[/snapback]

Uhmm,.. search the internet for:

::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D} (My Computer)

::{208D2C60-3AEA-1069-A2D7-08002B30309D} (My Network Places)

::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\::{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D} (Control Panel)

or for Shell Commands:

shell:DriveFolder (My Computer)

shell:ConnectionsFolder (Network Connections)

shell:NetworkFolder (My Network Places)

shell:ControlPanelFolder (Control Panel)

If you want to use the commands in the registry you need to run the commands with Explorer:

explorer.exe ::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D} or

explorer.exe shell:ControlPanelFolder

Copy and paste these commands in your Run Box, they really work! :D

[/Herby]

Edited by Herby

With Shell Object Editor you can change the Icons (without editing the reg file or the registry), edit the Comments, copy or move the Icons to My Computer, the Control Panel or the Network Neighbourhood & you can rename and delete them. :cool:

To make the Icons show up, right click the list and select Expert Mode.

Edited by Herby

hello herby,

you know me, i'm using english so everybody can read this reply too

i like your hard work for many others on the net!

now i can make my desktop realy for myself (without the standard stuff)

greetings from flybye, holland :

584884108[/snapback]

Check this out!

KLICK ME!

KLICK ME!

((((( Strictly4me )))))

uh, sorry if this has already been mentioned in the thread but i can't seem to find it

how can one make for example ie on the destkop without the text

whenever i do it i get no result, then i got to customize desktop and select it, i get two icons - one normal one that's following my icon package and another one that's not but has all the commands...

edit: where can i get the office 2003 icon?

Edited by slimy

hello herby,

you know me, i'm using english so everybody can read this reply too

i like your hard work for many others on the net!

now i can make my desktop realy for myself (without the standard stuff)

greetings from flybye, holland :

584887079[/snapback]

Hi flybye, nice to see you here too! :D & welkome to Neowin! :fun:

Check this out!

KLICK ME!

KLICK ME!

((((( Strictly4me )))))

584888208[/snapback]

Nice sites! especially the second one. :)

uh, sorry if this has already been mentioned in the thread but i can't seem to find it

how can one make for example ie on the destkop without the text

whenever i do it i get no result, then i got to customize desktop and select it, i get two icons - one normal one that's following my icon package and another one that's not but has all the commands...

edit: where can i get the office 2003 icon?

584889166[/snapback]

Uhmm,.. are you using the "Add Internet Explorer.reg" from the first post?

Never had / saw this problem before... :huh:

Does it only occur with the Internet Explorer icon?

You can find the Office 2003 icon in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE11\MSOXMLED.EXE" and in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE11\MSOICONS.EXE".

Here is the exported icon...

Office_2K3.zip

Thanks Herby, for this software. Do you know anyother software like this with more options than these. But really this is great.

584886371[/snapback]

As far as I know, it's one of a kind.

Hi flybye, nice to see you here too!?:DD? & welkome to Neowin!:fun:un:

Nice sites! especially the second one.:) :)

Uhmm,.. are you using the "Add Internet Explorer.reg" from the first post?

Never had / saw this problem before.:huh::huh:

Does it only occur with the Internet Explorer icon?

You can find the Office 2003 icon in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE11\MSOXMLED.EXE" and in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE11\MSOICONS.EXE".

Here is the exported icon...

584889853[/snapback]

thx for the icon

the problem occurs with any of the items you see in the customize desktop thing: my computer, my docs, my network places and ie

edit: nvm

Edited by slimy

bump... herby, dod u know how to fix this?

584895045[/snapback]

I'll look into it, are you using the add... reg files from the first zip file in this thread?

hey. can you make one for notepad please? thanks!?:DD

584895775[/snapback]

Added to my todo list... :))

lol, i don't know which one i'm using, can u tell me which one i should b using?

584900106[/snapback]

Yes, use the reg files from this thread,.. the files from the older thread (see first post) are using directories and the "My Computer", "My Documents" and "My Network Places" Icons didn't show up (they are on your Desktop, but you can't see them). :)