Desktop Icons without Text

In these "menus" that we're all creating, is it possible to have submenus?

I have custom "Launch" toolbar that I use for launching all my apps. If I could put one icon in the quick launch toolbar, using a similar method, that would be awesome.

Hopefully it'll look something like this:

post-1836-1105310087.jpg

(Y) Great job herby. :)

585261143[/snapback]

Thanks! :D

In these "menus" that we're all creating, is it possible to have submenus?

I have custom "Launch" toolbar that I use for launching all my apps. If I could put one icon in the quick launch toolbar, using a similar method, that would be awesome.

Hopefully it'll look something like this:

post-1836-1105310087.jpg

585263553[/snapback]

I've got more requests like this,.. still have'nt found a solution. :/

If someone knows a way to create submenus, please post it. :)

@ request: one for Microsoft AntiSpyware.

post-20663-1105919168.jpg

The "Microsoft AntiSpyware Scan" Command gives a normal Scan, without a Scan Results window.

post-20663-1105919178.jpg

The "Microsoft AntiSpyware S-Scan" Command gives a Scheduled Scan, with a Scan Results window (the command also works when the Scheduled Scans are disabled).

post-20663-1105919189.jpg

Microsoft_AntiSpyware.zip

Copy to:

%userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\

585318634[/snapback]

I know where the quicklaunch folder is, but its not a normal icon, you can't just copy it, it has to be done through the registry.

How can I add the Office 2003 icon to the quicklaunch toolbar?

585316112[/snapback]

Copy to:

%userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\

585318634[/snapback]

I know where the quicklaunch folder is, but its not a normal icon, you can't just copy it, it has to be done through the registry.

585321712[/snapback]

You can't do it through the registry either,... you'll have to create a CLSID folder.

Go to your C:\ root and create a new folder "X", open the Command Prompt (Start -> Run... -> cmd) and rename it (in this case) to .{00000000-5070-0000-0000-000000000002}.

rename x .{00000000-5070-0000-0000-000000000002}

Important: include the . and nothing before that if you want it to be a nameless one!

Pro: -You can move this "folder" to any location you want.

- It reacts as a shortcut and it has the enhanced commands.

- When you select explore you can hide stuff in it. :shifty:

Con: It also has the context menu of a folder.

Remove the Office 2003 icon from your Desktop; remove [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{00000000-5070-0000-0000-000000000002}] from the registry (or use the reg file in the attached zip file).

I also included the renamed "folder" in the zip file. :)

Office_2003_Folder.zip

Edited by Herby

You can't do it through the registry either,... you'll have to create a CLSID folder.

Go to your C:\ root and create a new folder "X", open the Command Prompt (Start -> Run... -> cmd) and rename it (in this case) to .{00000000-5070-0000-0000-000000000002}.

rename x .{00000000-5070-0000-0000-000000000002}

Important: include the . and nothing before that if you want it to be a nameless one!

Pro: -You can move this "folder" to any location you want.

- It reacts as a shortcut and it has the enhanced commands.

- When you select explore you can hide stuff in it.  :shifty: 

Con: It also has the context menu of a folder.

Remove the Office 2003 icon from your Desktop; remove [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{00000000-5070-0000-0000-000000000002}] from the registry (or use the reg file in the attached zip file).

I also included the renamed "folder" in the zip file.  :)

585325450[/snapback]

Thanks loads. This is really useful.

Thanks loads. This is really useful.

585328820[/snapback]

You're welcome, glad I could help! :happy:

Can you please make a spybot icon?

585330910[/snapback]

Sure, no problem! :)

======================

I've added Release & Renew IP Addresses to "My Network Places" (IPconfig /release & /renew).

My_Network_Places.zip

@ request: 1 4 Spybot - Search & Destroy. :)

Spybot - Scan : Does an update after starting the program, runs the immunization & starts scanning immediately.

Spybot - Scan & Fix : Does an update after starting the program, runs the immunization, starts scanning, fixes the problems & closes the program.

post-20663-1106404700.jpg

Spybot.zip

wow great addon for the icons.... love ur work m8.... thx for spybot... :)

i would like to wish one more request from you.... if u have time can u plz make a icon for Powerarchiver plz....

wow great addon for the icons.... love ur work m8.... thx for spybot... :)

i would like to wish one more request from you.... if u have time can u plz make a icon for Powerarchiver plz....

585337367[/snapback]

You're welkome! :D about Powerarchiver: it does'nt support Command Line Parameters yet. (it's on their wishlist)

I can create one but without an Enhanced Context Menu.

[/Herby]

Great work Herby...

I have a small request though..

Is it possible to have the Neowin one open up Firefox rather than IE??

I dont use IE and I think I uninstalled it from my computer..

Thanks in advance

Great work Herby...

I have a small request though..

Is it possible to have the Neowin one open up Firefox rather than IE??

I dont use IE and I think I uninstalled it from my computer..

Thanks in advance

585341176[/snapback]

It should open in your Default browser (the command is: "%WinDir%\System32\Rundll32.exe Url,FileProtocolHandler https://www.neowin.net/").

I have both on my Computer and when I set Firefox as my Default browser it opens with Firefox (Tools -> Options... -> General Tab -> Default Browser -> Press Check Now Button). :)

Aahh..

Thanks Herby,

Thats what it was, Fx was not setup as default

I took the liberty of posting this (your work) on various p2p sites for downloads(sorry for not asking first)..Lot of good feedback from people too.

And I left your ACM folder untouched so the Readme file you provided is the first thing they recieve..

You may get a whole lot of new members in this thread with some requests\questions etc...lol......as in the readme you provided a link to this thread...

Hope you dont mind..

Thanks for the good work & keep it up!!

post-77438-1106547621.jpg

Aahh..

Thanks Herby,

Thats what it was, Fx was not setup as default

I took the liberty of posting this (your work) on various p2p sites for downloads(sorry for not asking first)..Lot of good feedback from people too.

And I left your ACM folder untouched so the Readme file you provided is the first thing they recieve..

You may get a whole lot of new members in this thread with some requests\questions etc...lol......as in the readme you provided a link to this thread...

Hope you dont mind..

Thanks for the good work & keep it up!!

585346878[/snapback]

No problem! :happy:

I posted it here so people could use it. :)

When I've finished the tutorial I shall update the first post with the new shortcuts.

==========================================

I've added Volume presets and Mute / Unmute to the "Master Volume" shortcut.

Install: Import one of the "Add" regs and Refresh your Desktop.

Download Mute.exe & SetVol.exe @ http://ed.mullen.home.comcast.net/utility.html and copy them to your Windows or System directory.

Uninstall: Import "Remove Master Volume.reg" and Refresh your Desktop.

Remove Mute.exe & SetVol.exe from your Windows or System directory.

When you want to use NVMixer import the "Add Master Volume NV.reg".

Playback & Recording Controls open in Compact View, Press CTRL+S to switch to Normal View.

When you want to adjust your Master Volume, just Click & Scroll. :D

post-20663-1106569164.jpg

Master_Volume.zip

Quick question Herby...

How can I change the default folder that opens for "My Downloads" in the screenshot below??

I want to direct it to a storage drive I have on another partition...

TIA

Also if your not to busy can I get one made up for Azureus &\or NeoMule pretty please??

post-77438-1106730383.jpg

Umm.. not sure whats gone on here.

I did the My Documents and Recycle bin one.

The Documents worked fine, now how do i delete it? Well i thought the recycle bin would be a good one to have so i went into TweakUI and took it off the desktop, then used the script to add it with no text. Now i have no recycle bin, when i go into TweakUI or desktop properties there is nothing about recycle bin there.. Ive "deleted" it?? :s

Edited by deanfarnham

thanks for the spybot icon herby.

585353694[/snapback]

cooool , thanks?:DD

585354704[/snapback]

2x You're welkome! :DD

Quick question Herby...

How can I change the default folder that opens for "My Downloads" in the screenshot below??

I want to direct it to a storage drive I have on another partition...

TIA

Also if your not to busy can I get one made up for Azureus &\or NeoMule pretty please??

585360348[/snapback]

Open Regedit and go to [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00000000-5002-0000-0000-000000000002}\Shell\MyDownl\Command] and edit the command. :))

About Azureus & NeoMule: I don't use these programs, can you PM me the shortcuts?

Umm.. not sure whats gone on here.

I did the My Documents and Recycle bin one.

The Documents worked fine, now how do i delete it? Well i thought the recycle bin would be a good one to have so i went into TweakUI and took it off the desktop, then used the script to add it with no text. Now i have no recycle bin, when i go into TweakUI or desktop properties there is nothing about recycle bin there.. Ive "deleted" it??:ss

585360479[/snapback]

To delete them just import the according "Remove..." regs.

The nameless Recycle Bin is an edited version of the Recycle Bin, import the "Remove Recycle Bin.reg", open TweakUI and put the Recycle Bin back on your Desktop, Import "Add Recycle Bin.reg" and refresh your Desktop.

(TweakUI does'nt recognize the nameless one)

Edited by Herby