MSN Messenger 7.0 Beta leaked!

possible to remove only the search bar and MSN Today and keep the add contact bar there? I have removed tabs and ad bar just want to remove those other two but keep that add contact bar

Just a request for the patches, is it possible to allow the width of the msn window to get any smaller? Esp without the tabs, it's annoying having such a wide window.

Is there any way you can make it so you can choose what patches you want applied because i like it so i can have all the patches in one but i dont really want the actions pane thing to be gone so maybe a check box or something so you can choose what things to patch

Updated :)

-Added Polygamy (Allow user to use multiple MSN Messenger in one OS)

-Removed Tabs, Search Bar and MSN Today button.

Thanks a lot works great.

Since I don't use an hotmail.com/msn.com account for my MSN I would like to remove the "E-mail" button. Is there a way to do that? Anyone got a patch for that?

Thanks in advance

EDIT:

Is there any way you can make it so you can choose what patches you want applied because i like it so i can have all the patches in one but i dont really want the actions pane thing to be gone so maybe a check box or something so you can choose what things to patch

Yeah, that would be great

Hey guys,

I installed MSN Messenger 7.0 beta, applied one of the patches that's been given out in this thread, and tried running MSN, but it won't connect:

We were unable to sign you in to .NET Messenger Service, possibly because of a problem with the service or with your Internet connection. Please make sure that you are connected to the Internet. 81000301

Click the Help button to check the current server status.

And it obviously gives me the options of 'Retry', 'Cancel' or 'Help'.

I tried Help, to see whether the Messenger service is down or anything, but it's not.

I've tried restarting my PC a few times incase that's what it required - no go.

I've disabled firewalls, assigned rules for MSN 7 etc etc etc, and still nothing.

When I had MSN 6.2 running, it worked fine, but since I've had 7.0 it's only successfully signed in once.

Is anyone else experiencing similar difficulties, and, does anyone know a possible remidy to the problem? Any help/suggestions is appreciated. :D

Hey guys,

I installed MSN Messenger 7.0 beta, applied one of the patches that's been given out in this thread, and tried running MSN, but it won't connect:

We were unable to sign you in to .NET Messenger Service, possibly because of a problem with the service or with your Internet connection. Please make sure that you are connected to the Internet. 81000301

Click the Help button to check the current server status.

And it obviously gives me the options of 'Retry', 'Cancel' or 'Help'.

I tried Help, to see whether the Messenger service is down or anything, but it's not.

I've tried restarting my PC a few times incase that's what it required - no go.

I've disabled firewalls, assigned rules for MSN 7 etc etc etc, and still nothing.

When I had MSN 6.2 running, it worked fine, but since I've had 7.0 it's only successfully signed in once.

Is anyone else experiencing similar difficulties, and, does anyone know a possible remidy to the problem? Any help/suggestions is appreciated. :D

Might have something to do with your firewall...

Might have something to do with your firewall...

Doubt it.. As I said, I've tried disabling the firewall, as well as creating rules for Messenger through the firewall etc etc. :wacko:

thanks for the patches guys :)

Is it possible to make the search use google instead of msn ?

and it would be nice if the search buttton cud be removed and have the google logo there :D

,Oct 3 2004, 15:43] what would be nice for when plus gets updated is a plugin that notify's you of your gmail emails like normal hotmail alerts n stuff... . .. anyone? lol

I agree :D

and it should take me straight to the gmail inbox even if i dont use a gmail passport for msn :D

Of course for that there would have to be a way to put in the user n pass details of the gmail acc.

This is gonna be tough i think :p

Check Mess.be if you want to know how MSN 7 looks like!!!!!

lol... are you mod there or something?

Anyways, I have been trying to add custom winks and I managed to extract the default wink content.

1) Open ResourceHacker

2) Open msgslang.dll

3) Go to section WINK and click on a random number.

4) You'll see weird text, hex, so far so good

5) Click Action - Save resource as binary file

6) Enter name wink.cab and save it to desktop

7) Check out the content. It uses Flash with XML and png for preview

Here the XML Content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><package xmlns="http://messenger.msn.com/messengercontent/1.0" version="1.0" type="wink" xmlns:wink="http://messenger.msn.com/winks/1.0" wink:version="1.0" contenttype="D"><item type="animation" mimetype="application/x-shockwave-flash" file="balloon.swf" /><item type="thumbnail" mimetype="image/png" file="WaterBalloon.png" /></package>

Someone take it over from here :)