Uninstall integrated SP2

my windows installation has sp2 integrated into it, and there is no place to uninstall in the control panel or anything. is there anyway i can possiblly get back to sp1 and uninstall sp2 or somthing like that? thanks.

because i have a game, The Matrix Online, and ever since a recent patch, most everybody with SP2 cant play... and im one of them, so i want to see if it works if i revert back to sp1

what exactly does not work? Does the game not launch? Does it give you an error - does it blue screen the machine and yell out your its bitch with it's last breath -- what?

Sounds like you just can not connect to some online way to play other people - if that is the case, did you try opening up the firewall, or turning it off of that matter?

Edit: Matrix Online huh - seems that game does not even ship until 1/18/2005

SEGA of America, Inc. and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced that the release date of The Matrix Online, the massively multi-player online game, will be January 18, 2005. Originally slated for a November ship date, the January release will allow the co-publishers to implement plans to launch the game simultaneously in Europe.

How is it that SP2 broke something that is not even out yet? ;)

From what I am reading - even the Beta does not Start until Nov 18th - so how exatly is it sp2 broke it?

Edited by BudMan

no, lots of people are havin this problem.... its a client.dll problem

"The Specified Module could not be found" and "The file client.dll could not be found or there was an error while loading it. The application is now shutting down."

If you also have an SP1 XP CD you can do a parallel installation (install a second copy of XP - the SP1 version - on the system --- doesn't matter if it's the same drive or a different drive). You can use that version for your game and the SP2 for everything else.

no, lots of people are havin this problem.... its a client.dll problem

How exactly are lots of people having this problem - when the beta does not start until the 18th of Nov? And the game does not Ship until Jan 2005? Did you give the wrong title of your game?

no, the beta has already started a long time aog

Well of the the Main Website - it says this;

As preorder for The Matrix Online begins next week, the program will offer participants access to an exclusive, closed beta beginning on November 18, 2004; access to the final version of the game three days before it is available to the public; and an advanced-level Hyper-Jump ability with a special effect.

But I see they started something in May as well.

If you are BETA tester - then you should be reporting your issues to them, not looking for work arounds to get it to work now ;) Quite a few people running sp2, I am quite sure they will want to fix any issues there might be, before they release, etc...

did you try turning off the firewall? You still did not say when you get this client.dll error - is it when the game is starting - or trying to access the online servers, etc..

Backup important Data, like your profile before Uninstalling SP2.

Go to add and remove, then tick the box show updates. Now SP2 should be visible, highlight it and click remove. When SP2 was installed it made a backup of all the files it replaced. So going back to SP1 should be no problem.

Backup important Data, like your profile before Uninstalling SP2.

Go to add and remove, then tick the box show updates. Now SP2 should be visible, highlight it and click remove. When SP2 was installed it made a backup of all the files it replaced. So going back to SP1 should be no problem.

It wasn't an update - it was an integrated installation.

because i have a game, The Matrix Online, and ever since a recent patch, most everybody with SP2 cant play... and im one of them, so i want to see if it works if i revert back to sp1

Contact the makers of your beta build.

No Warez (links) & Cracks: help, requests or posts that discuss circumvention. This includes linking to illegally obtained software, movies & music files - posting about it, and suggesting to get it.

Closed