Front panel Audio

I have an ECS L7VMM3 motherboard. I also have front-panel audio ports connected to the motherboard. I have disabled the onboard sound and have inserted a new PCI sound card. Now my problem is how do I make the front-panel audio ports work with the PCI sound card. The front-panel audio is disabled with the onboard. I can't find a connection on the sound card for it.

post-13-1096851537.jpg

Tell us how your connection for the front panel, if it standard jacks - get a 3.5mm jack extender and your case should have a bracket with an opening to slip the cable through.

since the sound card is kind of a no-name brand: eDio Live Theater 5.1 PCI Sound Card.

it is based on the cmedia 8738, like uses its chipset or something like that. Do you think that the eDio sound card is better than the AC97 onboard sound?

• 4 weeks later...

:( I also have a similar question.

Objective:

I want to use both Front Panel Audio Connectors of the case and Back Panel Audio Connectors of the mainboard.

The Manual says:

My mainboard AsRock K7S8X has front panel audio connector header(say FPA). It has jumpers (J5 and J6 e.g.) alongwith the front panel audio connector. The manual says that if I cap both J5 and J6 and connect the Case's Front Panel Connector to the mainboard's Front Panel Audio header, I should be able to use both of the Front Panel and Back Panel Audio. But the Manual Adds that this is possible 'if the Case supporst this feature'.

Q1. I am confused how to identify if a Computer Case supports such scheme where both Front Panel Audio and Back Panel Audio connectors are needed. I intend to use one, either Front Panel or Back Panel at any given time in practice.

Q2. What if both audio (speakers) connectors are connected to two sets of speakers. Which one will take precedence. Or will they both operate simultaneously.

:no: In past with a different mainboard I have burnt a pair of speakers connected to front panel jack. I strongly believe I did not connect the front panel to the mainboard correctly then. And the fact I am haunted with now is that then both Front and Back panel audio were functional and I got my speakers melt while they were connected to Front Panel.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.