DVD Shrink 3.2 Quality Enhancements

Question

I just got a dvd that my brother was before he goes on a trip so ive been playing with 2 of the easy programs to rip and burn... DVD decrypter and dvdshrink 3.2

ive noticed that dvd shrink has some extra options to capture better quality but do they live up to

par?

under quality settings there is a option for (perform deep analysis of the dvd)

so i checked that and then below it there is a option to compress it for errors or those

pixels that you may see.....AEC

anyways im wondering if anyone has compared the outcomes of these settings..

i might just do it myself and post the results

10 answers to this question

It depends on the dvd, on some it will allow for better compression so the quality will be higher (75% quality might increase to 78% or 80%)

but it usualy takes twice as long to ripp

check out the forum on doom9.org (or .com) and go to one click backup

The extra quality options in th elatest versio of DVD-Shrink reduce the ammount of frames per second and reduce the compression of the remaining frames.

So don't choose a setting which is too sharp as otherwise the film will not be very smooth...

It is good though.

I tend to favour speed over the extra quality offered though (if you want a good quality copy you should just go and buy an additional copy of the film)...

There's nothing better than 321 Studio's DVD X Copy Platnium.

It extracts, reauthor's and burn's the DVD without any hassle and usually takes about 20 minutes. The reauthored DVD's are perfect 1:1 copies. :) I'd recomend DVD X Copy Platnium to anyone.

There's nothing better than 321 Studio's DVD X Copy Platnium.

It extracts, reauthor's and burn's the DVD without any hassle and usually takes about 20 minutes. The reauthored DVD's are perfect 1:1 copies. :) I'd recomend DVD X Copy Platnium to anyone.

Not as good as DVDShrink with Nero as i used to have it...

They aren't perfect 1:1 copies either as 321Sudios never made the program support DualLayer Discs as far as I know...

And besides it is a very clunky program.

DVDShrink *does* rip the DVD :rolleyes:

DVD XCopy also seems to have a problem lately with getting through DVD encryption :ninja: damn them!