Last AGP Model from ATI?

Not anytime soon.

I'm not expecting to see any new video cards till December, but it would be nice to know if ATI will continue to support those of us with AGP slots.

They are developing bridge chips with the intent and purpose of converting their native PCIE to AGP. As long as the AGP bus can support the card's bandwidth requirement there will be AGP cards.

They are developing bridge chips with the intent and purpose of converting their native PCIE to AGP. As long as the AGP bus can support the card's bandwidth requirement there will be AGP cards.

How long do we have to wait for that technology?

Well from what I've heard the next generation R430 and R480 are going to be native PCI Express. So it looks a lot like the X800 will be it for us AGP users.

By not producing AGP cards ATI would be effectively killing off a majority of the market. Granted, PCI-E will make gains on AGP for market share, but that will be gradual. I expect it to take quite some time.

Well, in answer to the first post, ATI are still producing the X800 series of cards for AGP, and they're about to release the X700 (slightly less powerful, but a low more power efficient) on both PCI Express 16x and AGP (AGP will be out about december time, PCI express in first half november.

Well you still see standard PCI cards today :whistle:

Because people still have PCI slots... motherboards with PCIe x16 won't have AGP.

AGP only has one purpose, graphics. PCI is different.

good too hear that...Still waiting for my HIS X800XT HIS have a terrible distribution method I'm really ****ed off make me wait any longer and I'll get a NVIDIA 6800U + i'll have to buy a 500W PSU or atleast more powerful then my 400W right now :(

I think that the next generation, mid-range cards... will come in AGP flavors. Many people out there are still unaware of the switch. :)

Just a wild guess...

Yes the R430 and the R480 will be avilable in both native PCIE and bridged AGP.

Still waiting for my HIS X800XT HIS have a terrible distribution method I'm really ****ed off make me wait any longer and I'll get a NVIDIA 6800U

6800 Ultras are just as hard to find as X800 XTs.

so then why are people saying ATI has yet to release to X700 and X800 for AGP? Also what are the prices we are talking about for the X700? What are the benchmarks compared to lets say a 9800pro ?

good too hear that...Still waiting for my HIS X800XT HIS have a terrible distribution method I'm really ****ed off make me wait any longer and I'll get a NVIDIA 6800U + i'll have to buy a 500W PSU or atleast more powerful then my 400W right now :(

cancel the stupid card, BTW the 6800 series will run fine on your PSU

ATI STILL HAS to launch its response to NV44 AGP. NV 44 AGP is bridged version of Nvidias NV44 a native PCIe card. It will be launched in Q4 2004. ATI's RV351 is its last AGP chip and from RV351 on ATI will bridge its PCI-E with RIALTO bridge chip as long there is a demand for AGP cards.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=19046

Its last AGP chip not card though :p

so then why are people saying ATI has yet to release to X700 and X800 for AGP? Also what are the prices we are talking about for the X700? What are the benchmarks compared to lets say a 9800pro ?

584686091[/snapback]

look up one post in the sig :)

they were talking about x700's coming out for pci-e and agp, the price for an x700 will be 200 to compete with the 6600gt and if you want a comparison between x700 and 9800pro the x700 will score around 8000 3dmark03 while 9800's score around 6000 3dmark03

edit: oh wow you could have gotten that from jerry's sig. :p