Resolution Help

Hi I have a Dell Trinitron P990 and i've been using it at 1600x1200x32 @ 72Hz and it's been running great and this afternoon I went to go to my display settings and I noticed it had a few extra notches to enable it to go to 2048x1536... i've never seen it before so I tried it.. I loved it and I went to play a game earlier and it changed my res and for some reason I can't get it over 1600x120 now, any ideas on how I can re-enable this, I tried forcing it with a command line app and Coolbits for nvidia and forcing resolution and such but it wont work

According to this the highest resolution is 1600x1200.

At 2048x1536 did you see the whole desktop or a part of it? I think that you didn't really change to 2048x1536, but a virtual workspace of 2048x1536 pixels...

P.S.

You should only use resolution that your monitor can handle at 85Hz least. It's better for your eyes :)

ive never had a monitor in my life that can run over 70 cept this one and my older one was 60Hz, and yes im sure it was full, because i screenshotted it, my area was huge. it was great for photoshop :-) thats why i loved all the room and it wasnt that gay crap where u can scroll around inside your desktop lol

ive never had a monitor in my life that can run over 70 cept this one and my older one was 60Hz

This happens because you use the maximum resolution of your monitor, not the optimum. According to the specifications of your monitor you should use 1280x1024 at 85Hz. But if you want to enable the 2048x1536 resolution try the following: http://entechtaiwan.net/util/ps.shtm When you install it right click the tray icon --> Display profiles --> Configure --> Change the resolution to 2048x1536. It might work at 60Hz or 75 Hz. USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK...