USB mouse to install on 98SE PC

I've got a USB optical mouse that I'd like to get working on a 98SE machine, but when installing the drivers I get a popup that asks me to insert the "Windows 98 Second Edition CD-ROM" disk. Am I going about installing the device in the wrong manner, or is there a directory to which I may point the subsequent prompt? It would seem that I need to get a couple of HID* files and I don't have a 98SE CD.

I've got a USB optical mouse that I'd like to get working on a 98SE machine, but when installing the drivers I get a popup that asks me to insert the "Windows 98 Second Edition CD-ROM" disk. Am I going about installing the device in the wrong manner, or is there a directory to which I may point the subsequent prompt? It would seem that I need to get a couple of HID* files and I don't have a 98SE CD.

584721014[/snapback]

You can try 'browse' and see which file its looking for (it will be typed in the box above file types). And then just look it up on the net - thats what i did on Win98SE.

Yes, I did that for the first file and it asked me for another, I didn't want to have to keep hunting down different files if there were a lot. :x I thought there might be a patch or a directory already containing them..?

Alright, I searched them all out! It works now! But seems like a lot of unneccessary work for something there's probably a patch or complete download for somewhere..