Explorer locks the files for a long time

With Windows XP Pro, when I select any file or folder, Explorer locks completely that file or folder and cannot be renamed, moved, or deleted. This lock can last for between 25 seconds and a minute. Why? What can I do to solve this problem? Thanks for your help.

------------

MOBO: AOpen AK89 Max

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3400+

RAM: 1,024 MB

VID: ATI Radeon X800 Pro

-------------

I had the same Problem and i was using Internet Explorer, But I just switched to Firefox to test it out, and I loved Firefox so secure and so fast at browsing.

Also, the downloads work for me now

Any file, Shaidar. Happens when I open a folder and try to select a file or folder in it. Takes a looong time. That happens for the first time when a deal inside any folder; if I keep the folder open, the situation does not occur when I select next other files or folders in it.

Sounds to me like shell Explorer is having a tough time opening files, which would be a huge red flag given your system specs.

If you haven't already done it, DL and run the newest versions of Ad-aware and Spybot S&D. Another thng you might want to check is your list of running programs or processes. Find out if something is eating up CPU time.

Good Luck!