Got to love the RedSox/Yankees rivalry

I'm a Yankee fan and am scared of the Sox this year. Schilling is outright awesome and Wakefield always manages to own us. It's going to be a good series, but I have my doubts about the Yanks. They have no pitching what so ever, right now, and the Bosox have some really explosive hitters.

584716728[/snapback]

:whistle:

put a fork in 'em

no team in mlb or nba history has EVER come back to win from 0-3.

only two times in hockey has it happened.... in the HISTORY of the NHL... damn.

later sox.

put a fork in 'em

later sox.

584753262[/snapback]

Streaks are meant to be broken :p

put a fork in 'em

later sox.

584753262[/snapback]

I'm a HUGE Yankee fan! But I know that Boston is good and if they can get to a pitching staff early in the game, then they can come back and win. As much as I want the Yankees to win tonight and finish the series, I know that Boston is still very dangerous and can win those four games in a row. So, Boston isn't completely out of it just yet.

Streaks are meant to be broken

But then again, it's HIGHLY UNLIKELY :D

WOW, Nice Sig!!! :yes:

Anyway, I woke up this morning with biggest smile about last night.. And been reading news everywhere in website.. I kept looking at 19-8... Been wondering.. Can't believe about the score but something happened in mind and I'm like.. Holy Sh.t! 19-8? -> add one instead of hyphen -> 1918!! :woot: :rofl:

I still don't get these Boston fans saying it's all about the money. They have the second highest payrole, I believe.

584755848[/snapback]

they like to have it both ways, they love to tell yankee fans how much better their team is and then when they lose its because the yankees spend the most money

I still don't get these Boston fans saying it's all about the money. They have the second highest payrole, I believe.

584755848[/snapback]

[soapbox]

yeah the red sox have the second highest payroll and if you ask me they have to if they want to compete with their biggest competition the yankees. otherwise they might as well save payroll and trade everyone off and be like the other teams in the division. they have small payrolls and are no where near them in the division.

i dont think its all about the money but its got a lot to do with it. i personally would rather all teams bring up and keep superstars instead of going out and buying up the talent and this INCLUDES the red sox. the yankees are easy to villify because they can buy anyone out on the free agent market and as that is within the rules, i think it keeps other teams wallowing in mediocrity like the royals or the devil rays. you can say its mismanagement of the teams but the royals knew that they couldnt keep beltran and traded him for something thats not mismanagment thats face the truth. every now and then u get your twins or ur marlins which i think are great for the soul of baseball. but when you see a team like the yankees ravage their farm system to trade/buy talent for the here and now, as within the system as trading/buying talent is, buying a championship not earning one. the red sox in a sense tried it too and it didnt work. next year, when pavano goes to the yankees for millions of dollars and beltran goes to the yankees for MILLIONS of dollars i wont be disgusted as a red sox fan, i'd just be disgusted as a baseball fan.

[/soapbox]

584755848[/snapback]

Exactly, the yanks' payrool is US$180mil and the Boston one is what? US$130mil? wtf are they complaining? :crazy:

if the red sox are complaining about the payroll then just tell them, "thats why your are the second best team in baseball." otherwise you people complaining about the red sox complaining just look silly. and let it be known i have NEVER complained and any true red sox fan wouldnt be complaining about payrolls.

As a guy who usually barely follows baseball and is usually entangled in hockey mania right now I would like to state my opinion from a perspective that is not biased. I am sick and tired about hearing how great this rivalry is. I was really excited that even though there is no hockey at the moment that I could enjoy this supposedly great match-up. Thus far this series has been AWEFUL. I kept hearing that this was the year the Sox would beat the Yanks but thus far it hasn't been close. When it comes down to it, in my opinion, this series has been subpar at most. Last night's monstrousity was an insult to what I call defense. Some of the running decisions made by the Sox base runners were comical. I was pretty ****ed when I heard that the baseball playoffs had put my favourite comedy shows on hold but hell now whenever I want a good laugh I just watch the BoSox play.

I only wish tonights game 4 was in the Bronx, so when the Sox get swept I could hear that perfect chant one last time, "WHO"S YOUR DADDY?!"

I only wish tonights game 4 was in the Bronx, so when the Sox get swept I could hear that perfect chant one last time, "WHO"S YOUR DADDY?!"

584756366[/snapback]

:laugh: Oh me too! Me too :yes:

584756366[/snapback]

haha! That's my only wish! :rofl: