[Definitive] Star Trek

I was thinking they were ahead. Who keeps posting the torrents? US or Canada?

584935644[/snapback]

Enterprise is on multiple networks in Canada. Space (The Imagination Station) airs non-HDTV signals on cable and satelite. CityTV (in Toronto) airs non-HDTV and HDTV signals over the air as well as cable and satelite. Other areas of the country will find it on other channels (like the A Channel in Alberta).

So it's all a bit complex. In Toronto, CityTV airs the episodes first (Tuesdays?) and then Space repeats them on Sunday nights. In some ways, Canada is both ahead and behind the US.

Enterprise is on multiple networks in Canada.  Space (The Imagination Station) airs non-HDTV signals on cable and satelite.  CityTV (in Toronto) airs non-HDTV and HDTV signals over the air as well as cable and satelite.  Other areas of the country will find it on other channels (like the A Channel in Alberta).

So it's all a bit complex.  In Toronto, CityTV airs the episodes first (Tuesdays?) and then Space repeats them on Sunday nights.  In some ways, Canada is both ahead and behind the US.

584935681[/snapback]

I already saw "The Augments" last Friday.

Am I ahead or behind?

Last season A-Channel kept pre-empting Enterptrise for "The Bachelor". ****ed me right off. :angry:

Am I ahead or behind?

Last season A-Channel kept pre-empting Enterptrise for "The Bachelor". ****ed me right off.  :angry:

584935775[/snapback]

The Augments was the last one that aired.

^ exactly, I mean Soong is suppose to be quite smart, but I doubt he figures out how to keep living for several centuries... :D  So I was wondering how he comes to establish so way to continue his work...thru his offspring.  ;)

584925333[/snapback]

Genetic memory. He programs his work in his offspring.

has anyone else notice that he background sounds on bridge of enterprise are starting to sound like the some of the bridge sounds from TOS?

has anyone else notice that he background sounds on bridge of enterprise are starting to sound like the some of the bridge sounds from TOS?

584938132[/snapback]

Yea, and they added more lights on the computers too.

Am I ahead or behind?

584935775[/snapback]

Thats the episode I saw on City TV. I thought I was watching a new episode.. not a re-run episode.

584938132[/snapback]

Yeah I noticed that one also, they ship is starting to resemble the TOS Enterprise a bit more now.....Can't wait to see the females wearing skirts again... :woot:

Yeah I noticed that one also, they ship is starting to resemble the TOS Enterprise a bit more now.....Can't wait to see the females wearing skirts again... :woot:

584941879[/snapback]

Maybe Phlox will start saying "He's dead, John." and "Dammit John, I'm a Doctor, not a <insert something other than Doctor here>."

Maybe Phlox will start saying "He's dead, John." and "Dammit John, I'm a Doctor, not a <insert something other than Doctor here>."

584944013[/snapback]

maybe we'll start seeing those smoothed faced Klingons again.... :wacko:

I like the new bridge. (Y)

584942369[/snapback]

Me too, can anyone summarize what exactly has been changed? Just curious... here's what I got so far from this thread and observation.

- New captains chair.

- More blinky lights.

- Floor, Railings and Door painted blue.

- Simplified computer interface.

- More original sounds.

I've also noticed during 'The Augments' that the blue/green planet they traveled too looked less sharp and similar to TOS.

In Toronto, CityTV airs the episodes first (Tuesdays?) and then Space repeats them on Sunday nights.  In some ways, Canada is both ahead and behind the US.

584935681[/snapback]

Over here, I get CityTV on channel 7 (and other chans. timeshifting) and it's new ENT episodes on Friday nights at 8pm. Then it gets repeated on the Space Chan (48) on the weekend (Sat or Sun night. maybe both. not sure).

I don't think they air them on Tuesday nights, unless it's a repeat from the week before.

Over here, I get CityTV on channel 7 (and other chans. timeshifting) and it's new ENT episodes on Friday nights at 8pm.  Then it gets repeated on the Space Chan (48) on the weekend (Sat or Sun night. maybe both. not sure).

I don't think they air them on Tuesday nights, unless it's a repeat from the week before.

584944374[/snapback]

for me I see the torrents start posting on Friday, then see more of them by late Sat evening.

The Enterprise is starting to become more TOS than TNG internally. But not externally. The Starship modellors/creators used the AKira class starship as a guide to make the NX-01 Class starship. Take a look at the picture and find the resemblance. Its almost exactly the same. Only some minor changes were made.post-56814-1100812855_thumb.jpg

Saucer seperation speculation and "Phoenix" similarities

Edited by Anaron

The Enterprise is starting to become more TOS than TNG internally. But not externally. The Starship modellors/creators used the AKira class starship as a guide to make the NX-01 Class starship. Take a look at the picture and find the resemblance. Its almost exactly the same. Only some minor changes were made.post-56814-1100812855_thumb.jpg

584945349[/snapback]

pretty kool. Thanks (Y)

Over here, I get CityTV on channel 7 (and other chans. timeshifting) and it's new ENT episodes on Friday nights at 8pm.  Then it gets repeated on the Space Chan (48) on the weekend (Sat or Sun night. maybe both. not sure).

584944374[/snapback]

I've got in the habit of watching Space on Sunday nights. I think that CityTV must have moved Enterprise then. Mind you, this could have been the season before last for I that I know.

584945349[/snapback]

You're thinking about this backwards. Perhaps the Akira class was BASED off the NX-design (in the Star Trek universe, of course, not in real life).

maybe we'll start seeing those smoothed faced Klingons again.... :wacko:

584944296[/snapback]

There was that DS9 episode where they asked Worf about that, asd he said someting along the lines as "Don't ask" or "It's a long story"...I wish for once they came up with a good explanation. Something at least.

There was that DS9 episode where they asked Worf about that, asd he said someting along the lines as "Don't ask" or "It's a long story"...I wish for once they came up with a good explanation. Something at least.

584948158[/snapback]

Maybe they should've gone George Lucas on it and CGi'ed some ridges on the Klingons for the DVD sets.

You're thinking about this backwards. Perhaps the Akira class was BASED off the NX-design (in the Star Trek universe, of course, not in real life).

584948122[/snapback]

That's how the story line probaby is playing it, but in life they did it in reverse of course.

584948122[/snapback]

That is highly unlikely. The Akira class ship is older than the NX-01 class ship. The NX-01 wasn't even made when they made the Akira class ship. Both ships have roots from the first warpship named "Phoenix" which was piloted by Zefram Cochrane.

EDIT: Doh.. I see what you mean now... You said "(in the Star Trek universe, of course, not in real life)". I was talking about the ship design in real life, for use in the series. Not the ship designers in the Star Trek universe. :happy:

EDIT: Sorry Samoa, I didn't read your post. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

584948158[/snapback]

I thought the explanation was something to do with radiation or was that just a theory?