[Definitive] Star Trek

Yeah. I wonder when the series will ever start introducing bits and peices of the Earth-Romulous War. If that ever happens then the Klingons will be in it for sure. Maybe then the writers might explain the dilemma about the Klingon's cranial ridges.

Me too, can anyone summarize what exactly has been changed?  Just curious... here's what I got so far from this thread and observation.

- New captains chair.

- More blinky lights.

- Floor, Railings and Door painted blue.

- Simplified computer interface.

- More original sounds.

584944322[/snapback]

You pretty much summed it up. The bridge monitors have another row of buttons now (last season they had two rows, now it's three or four).

EDIT: Doh.. I see what you mean now... You said "(in the Star Trek universe, of course, not in real life)". I was talking about the ship design in real life, for use in the series. Not the ship designers in the Star Trek universe.  :happy:

584951707[/snapback]

Yeah, it's pretty obvious where Doug Drexler, the designer of the NX-class, drew his inspiration from.

I thought the explanation was something to do with radiation or was that just a theory?

584951837[/snapback]

It was never explained, but I was hoping that the Augments' torpedo would detonate in the planet, as they could have been the ones responsible for the Klingons' mutations.

Yeah. I wonder when the series will ever start introducing bits and peices of the Earth-Romulous War. If that ever happens then the Klingons will be in it for sure. Maybe then the writers might explain the dilemma about the Klingon's cranial ridges.

584952102[/snapback]

The Romulon war comes before the Klingon war right? Have they even introduced Romulans yet?

It was never explained, but I was hoping that the Augments' torpedo would detonate in the planet, as they could have been the ones responsible for the Klingons' mutations.

584952130[/snapback]

That would have been nice, except we've already seen them as "unsmooth".

584952130[/snapback]

Thats what I thought, maybe the explosion that was made when Enterprise's photonic torpedoes hit the Augment's torpedo had an effect on the atmosphere. Maybe that has permanently altered their DNA.

The Romulon war comes before the Klingon war right? Have they even introduced Romulans yet?

584952145[/snapback]

I think the Klingon war comes before the Romulan war. I read somewhere that Starfleet easily defeats the Romulans. And I'm sure the Klingons are more technologically advanced then the Romulans. The Romulans didn't even invent Warp technology. They had to make a deal with the Klingons to get it, in exchange for their cloaking technology. I doubt the writers for the Enterprise series would make the Romulans have cloaking technology. So.. umm... my brain just popped.. :wacko:

When the Klingons first made contact with the Federation in 2151 they appeared largely humanoid. The main visible differences centered around the heads, which bore a pattern of prominent ridges. By the mid 2200s the appearance of the Klingons had changed, becoming almost totally Humanoid. By 2271 the species had changed yet again - most Klingons had acquired a single pronounced ridge of bone running laterally back across the skull; and finally by the 2290's all Klingons had returned to sporting a distinctive set of ridges occupying almost the whole upper area of their heads. It has been suggested that some form of genetic engineering or viral mutation was responsible for these species-wide changes, but the Klingons themselves have refused to provide any explanation for the transformations, simply stating that it is "a long story" that they "do not discuss with outsiders".

SOURCE

I think the Klingon war comes before the Romulan war. I read somewhere that Starfleet easily defeats the Romulans. And I'm sure the Klingons are more technologically advanced then the Romulans. The Romulans didn't even invent Warp technology. They had to make a deal with the Klingons to get it, in exchange for their cloaking technology. I doubt the writers for the Enterprise series would make the Romulans have cloaking technology. So.. umm... my brain just popped..  :wacko:

584952528[/snapback]

The Klingon incident, not the war comes before the Romulan wars. The first contact with the Klingons was supposed to be "disasterous" so far though it's just been, eh. Either way, Starfleet does not defeat the Romulans easily. In fact, both sides had to sign the peace treaty and create the Neutral Zone because it was a stalemate pretty much (at least according to cannon)

I don't know how they are going to show the war, considering the Romulans were NEVER seen during communications, ever according to cannon. Eh, who cares though as long as it's fun.

Yeah, I wasn't aware that there was a Klingon WAR, just a disastrous first contact. "Disastrous" is a term that's scope is a matter of opinion, and I suppose when Picard (I think it was he who said that) used that he was really referring to the Suliban encounter that launched the NX-01.

This was a GREAT episode.

584953170[/snapback]

That wasn't a great episode, it was a ****ing great episode!!!!

I think you can tell by the ***'s how awesome the episode was.

Coto is god.

The Klingon incident, not the war comes before the Romulan wars. The first contact with the Klingons was supposed to be "disasterous" so far though it's just been, eh. Either way, Starfleet does not defeat the Romulans easily. In fact, both sides had to sign the peace treaty and create the Neutral Zone because it was a stalemate pretty much (at least according to cannon)

I don't know how they are going to show the war, considering the Romulans were NEVER seen during communications, ever according to cannon. Eh, who cares though as long as it's fun.

584952605[/snapback]

I get my info from the Daystrom Institute Technical Library.

God damnit. I missed the episode. Judging from the replies I've read it was a ****ing great episode. I'll get the episode by tomorrow.

Just okay? How would you rate it out of 10?

I'd give it a 8/10, personally. This is as close to perfection Enterprise has seen in a while.

584958659[/snapback]

yeah actually, I give it about an 8 too. Better than average, but not tops. I wonder if this will be a trend, doing 2-3 part stories...It will be good if it does. I'd like to see more involvement with the TOS aliens like we were discussing earlier. I would really like to see that Klingon war, and then the Romulan war.

There wasn't a klingon war. Just a bad first contact. But there is a Romulan war. There was a rumour that the next Star Trek movie is going to be based on the Romulan War. And Enterprise is going to introduce the Romulans, the neutral zone.. etc.

I hope Berman just retires or Paramount retires him. Braga isn't as bad as some might think. He's written some of my favorite Star Trek episodes. He can be kept on board as an advisor or an occasional story writer. Coto is teh savior!!!111oneone1

As fas as the arcs, they are planning 2-3 episode arcs for the entire season, with an occassional standalone.

I hope Berman just retires or Paramount retires him. Braga isn't as bad as some might think. He's written some of my favorite Star Trek episodes. He can be kept on board as an advisor or an occasional story writer. Coto is teh savior!!!111oneone1

As fas as the arcs, they are planning 2-3 episode arcs for the entire season, with an occassional standalone.

584959451[/snapback]

That's Kool (Y)

There wasn't a klingon war. Just a bad first contact. But there is a Romulan war. There was a rumour that the next Star Trek movie is going to be based on the Romulan War. And Enterprise is going to introduce the Romulans, the neutral zone.. etc.

584959248[/snapback]

Do you mean another Romulan War?

Do you mean another Romulan War?

584960365[/snapback]

What I mean is, the first Romulan war. A full scale war. I'm sure the war will start shortly after the Federation is made.

Better than average, but not tops. I wonder if this will be a trend, doing 2-3 part stories...It will be good if it does.

I like that idea too. It speed up development of characters and plots and it will get us into a real sci-fi!! Enterprise will own in about another year if upn doesn't **** itself over and can the show!

Don't blame me i voted for coto's :p