[Definitive] Star Trek

is there no Enterprise this week or what? I was waiting for 4-10....

Yeah, that bugged me too. They really have put Enterprise as a low priority, which is only harming the series.

Still, the season is settling down to be okay - I just think its hard to beat the great plot writing of Season 3. They don't have any real enemy - this worked great for TNG, but Enterprise has weaker characters and I felt the strong enemy for Season 3 was the best way for Enterprise yet.

I guess the actors deserve their break. But thats still no reason to stop episode production. It sucks.. :crazy: :crazy:

I guess the actors deserve their break. But thats still no reason to stop episode production. It sucks..  :crazy:  :crazy:

585084430[/snapback]

but, they already filmed the episodes...it's not a matter of them taking a break...

Just because they have finished filming an episode doesn't mean it's done. Take into account VFX, SFX, music, editing, etc. There's no possible way any TV show can continually air episodes consecutively.

Just because they have finished filming an episode doesn't mean it's done. Take into account VFX, SFX, music, editing, etc. There's no possible way any TV show can continually air episodes consecutively.

585090979[/snapback]

Daytime soap operas?

:|

Its probably because most people wouldn't be watching T.V. over the holidays. They'd rather buy gifts for someone else or set up their christmas tree. And for husbands or wives (in general) they'd probably be spending more time with their families. I'm sure they'll air the episodes after the holidays when everyone else has the time to spare to watch the episodes.

Daytime soap operas?

:|

585090990[/snapback]

Those just require a ton of makeup ;)

Anyways, I seriously doubt they stop shows during the holidays just because they can't keep up with air dates. Plus, if leaves room for networks to air sappy christmas movies and reruns of other such holiday programs.

Those just require a ton of makeup ;)

Anyways, I seriously doubt they stop shows during the holidays just because they can't keep up with air dates. Plus, if leaves room for networks to air sappy christmas movies and reruns of other such holiday programs.

585091202[/snapback]

Actually, they do have gaps in the season for that very reason, and others:

* There are 22 episodes this season, but more than 22 weeks from October to May. Do the math.

* Coming up with a story, writing the story, writing the teleplay, filming the episode, editing the episode, adding sound and visual effects, and performing the music composition takes more than a week.

* Holiday times usually mean low TV ratings. Why would you air a new episode during that period?

well we can comfort eacher in this cyberspace in the mean time...  :hump:

585094819[/snapback]

I'm already starting to feel uncomfortable.. :uberhump: