[Definitive] Star Trek

Tuvok is an intriguing character as well. He is the reason why I started watching Star Trek. Back then I used to think Trekkies were over obsessed fools with nasty little trek fantasies. Who would've known that I became a Trekkie one day. Ah.. I remember it like yesterday.

Any of you people care to share your Trek history? (How you became a Trekkie.. If you even are one, c'mon don't be shy) :)

I'll tell you my Trek history tomorrow. I'm kinda short on time right now. :p

I went to see James Doohan, Terry Farrell, and Jeri Ryan at conventions. Ahh, the Jeri Ryan convention... mmm. I got to eat cake that was made for her birthday, and she grabbed some from it before leaving.

Tuvok is an intriguing character as well. He is the reason why I started watching Star Trek. Back then I used to think Trekkies were over obsessed fools with nasty little trek fantasies. Who would've known that I became a Trekkie one day. Ah.. I remember it like yesterday.

Any of you people care to share your Trek history? (How you became a Trekkie.. If you even are one, c'mon don't be shy) :)

I'll tell you my Trek history tomorrow. I'm kinda short on time right now.  :p

585103402[/snapback]

Mine started with the beginning of TNG, I was but a young lad, but I watched and loved it. I also watched reruns of TOS, although I don't think I watched as much of that as TNG. But I did see a few of the TOS movies in the theater, at least V and VI and I saw all TNG movies except the last one in theaters. Then 7 years later came DS9 which I didn't care for as much, although I did like the first episode, it was boring from there until a couple seasons later. Voyager I pretty much liked from the start, although later it sort of went downhill. Enterprise I didn't like the first couple of seasons either like DS9, but it's getting better. I am a trekkie :geek:

I started watching TNG during its 2nd or so season and was hooked. I occassionally caught TOS reruns and later ST6 in theaters. When DS9 first aired, I was too young to fully grasp why it existed, but by its fourth season, I realized how great of a show it was and regretted not watching it completely from day 1. The UPN here didn't air Voyager until mid-season 1, so I didn't really understand the characters until the re-runs came on. Then, 5 or so years ago, I met Jeri Ryan in person.... Oh yeah. I have pictures to prove it, too. :p

I started watching TNG during its 2nd or so season and was hooked. I occassionally caught TOS reruns and later ST6 in theaters. When DS9 first aired, I was too young to fully grasp why it existed, but by its fourth season, I realized how great of a show it was and regretted not watching it completely from day 1. The UPN here didn't air Voyager until mid-season 1, so I didn't really understand the characters until the re-runs came on. Then, 5 or so years ago, I met Jeri Ryan in person.... Oh yeah. I have pictures to prove it, too. :p

585106661[/snapback]

^I've never met any of the actors...specially none I wouldn't mind seeing...

The first trek episode I ever watched was a DS9 episode where the Vulcans were playing baseball with the DS9 crew. I forgot which episode it was. I started watching more and more of DS9. I watched every episode from Season 1 to Season 7. After that I started to watch Voyager. I watched a few episodes here and there. Then a local T.V. station aired Voyager re-runs starting from Season 1 and ending at Season 7. Oddly, I started watching TNG. I didn't like it at first because it was an old ST series. But I got used to it. Oh, I watched some ST movies. All, except for Generations, and all the TOS movies except for "ST VI: The Undiscovered Country" and "ST IV: The Voyage Home". Marina Sirtis once came over to my house, a long time ago, long before she was in the TNG series. I forgot the year she came. I didn't get to see her though because I wasn't even born yet.

Bah.. I forgot to mention that I watched my first Star Trek episode in 1999. I've been a trekkie ever since. :)

Edited by Anaron

She used to go to high school with my father. I guess she just wanted to say hello or something.

I liked all of the Star Trek series... TOS got me into it all and DS9 is my fav. but why did they have to kill off Jadzia :cry:

585078239[/snapback]

Because she wanted to move on to bigger and better things (ie Becker :rolleyes: ). Then they found a last minute crapy replacement.

In ohter news...Enterprise still remains unseen and will likely remain so til Mid Jan... :cry:

585109280[/snapback]

Jan 7. :yes:

^ ^^ You guys are great. :)

Ok seriously comparing DS9 to Enterprise...storyline wise Which is better? what's the differences...why? Character wise what's good and bad in both...why? Special effects which has better ...and why?...please answer these questions for me... :D

Character wise? DS9 hands down. Many of the principal characters were already developed by DS9's season 1; in fact, SECONDARY characters (Dukat, Garak, Opaka) had more development in DS9's season 1 than Enterprise's principal characters in its current season.

Special effects? Enterprise, obviously. But DS9's effects still hold its on for being 11 years old.

^ ah, but you didn't address storyline...I think Enterprise is owning DS9 with Season 4 now...all they need to do is a bit more character development, then it would be much improved. But do we really need some sappy episodes to build characters? I mean hell, TNG, DS9, and VoY, all had that, and almost too much of it...imo.

Hey, I don't totally dislike DS9. Sisko made me watch it, but the Bajoran stuff made me dislike it much. And then the Odo reality zone also made me have more aversion for it....

rofl at this topic, its like walking into a trek convention.

I think DS9 was a bit weak myself, I did enjoy the character development and interesting backgrounds each character had but I wasn't into the main story or the "sit still and let stuff come to us" I prefer the exploration side going to different planets so on.

But hey I watched DS9 and I enjoyed it. If I see it on TV now days I still flick over but I much prefer the other StarTreks..

rofl at this topic, its like walking into a trek convention.

I think DS9 was a bit weak myself, I did enjoy the character development and interesting backgrounds each character had but I wasn't into the main story or the "sit still and let stuff come to us" I prefer the exploration side going to different planets so on.

But hey I watched DS9 and I enjoyed it. If I see it on TV now days I still flick over but I much prefer the other StarTreks..

585110131[/snapback]

yeah, good points. They were taking a Babylon 5 kind of stance. That I didn't really care for. I think it should've been more about a station point for further exploration...But yeah it did have it's good points. I also prefer other ST series over it. (Y)

We need more Trekkies on Neowin!! :alien:

1 more thing. This thread should be renamed to General ST: Discussions.. or something else that would catch a reader's attention. I say this because it'll be awhile until any new Enterprise episodes are aired.

We need more Trekkies on Neowin!!  :alien:

1 more thing. This thread should be renamed to General ST: Discussions.. or something else that would catch a reader's attention. I say this because it'll be awhile until any new Enterprise episodes are aired.

585113358[/snapback]

Good idea... :) But as long as the topic still relates to Enterprise, it's OK.

^ ah, but you didn't address storyline...I think Enterprise is owning DS9 with Season 4 now...all they need to do is a bit more character development, then it would be much improved. But do we really need some sappy episodes to build characters? I mean hell, TNG, DS9, and VoY, all had that, and almost too much of it...imo.

Hey, I don't totally dislike DS9. Sisko made me watch it, but the Bajoran stuff made me dislike it much. And then the Odo reality zone also made me have more aversion for it....

585110118[/snapback]

DS9's storyline was complex and extremely rewarding for viewers who stuck with the show. There were so many secondary characters with such a rich background. I liked the Dominion War, not so much for the battles, but for the way the characters dealt with losing a war over an extended period of time (read: DS9's "In the Pale Moonlight").

Enterprise's third season was okay, and fourth season has great potential.