[Definitive] Star Trek

eh nemesis was okay but like someone said it had this level of fakeness.  there was just something bout it that didnt click with me.  it seemed like they tried too hard to emulate wrath of khan, imo the best one, and they just couldnt pull it off.  it was like they broke away from the rest of the series, as in every technology and scientific fact in there was either believable or acutally possible.  in this one it was more like a standard fake all the way round sci fi film instead of star trek.  The radiation deal was just stupid, so unbelievealbe and fake and u really didnt feel like there was an actual factual basis there.  i dunno it just didnt click with me.  Wrath of khan was awesome, simply the best there, it was made like an episode and it was pulled off very well.  the acting was awesome too.

585157438[/snapback]

I said that in the poll thread....lol

ok that was u, i was too lazy to go back and see who said that but yea i agree. it just seemed like u said, fake, lol it was as viserov put it very hollow. i was rather dissapointed.

i own all 10 of the dvds for the movies, the special edition of generations, the whole TNG DVD sets, and voyager 1-6

585157726[/snapback]

wow,....just wow...I've downloaded most of it, and then deleted... ;)

I haven't even been able to download 1 Star Trek DVD. Each 1 is well over 3GB. I just never leave my computer on that long to finish the download at a measly speed of 35KB/s.

I haven't even been able to download 1 Star Trek DVD. Each 1 is well over 3GB. I just never leave my computer on that long to finish the download at a measly speed of 35KB/s.

585158303[/snapback]

Mine usually start out really slow, but after 20-30min it picks up. But the biggest file I downloaded was 1.4gigs. did it over night. I usually download mulitple files or big ones over night. 300-400mbs is like 1-2hr. 1kb/s to 160kb/s.... :D

WTF?????????

It sucked! First Contact was the best in Trek history.

585159512[/snapback]

I thought it was pretty good, it was good in its own right if you watched ST:N without seeing any of the other star trek movies you would think it was pretty good. :happy:

Of course it was far from the best.

I thought it was pretty good, it was good in its own right if you watched ST:N without seeing any of the other star trek movies you would think it was pretty good.  :happy:

Of course it was far from the best.

585159547[/snapback]

I agree.

Sup guys.. never noticed this thread before.

Anywho.. i'm afraid to say I am ST:TNG through and through, though I did like DS9 a bit as well.. some really good dark and sinister episodes in that! Never really got into Voyager or the newest series.

Anyway - got movies 6 -> 10 and TNG box sets 4, 5 and 6 - though they cost such an extortionate price over here in the UK (around ?80 so nearly $150'ish) so I have to keep waiting till I spot them reduced or in the sales as they usually go for about half that price and I am a bit happier about spending that then;))

Anyway.. i'll be reading this one from now on:))

hmmm... anyone actually read the startrek.com link for the affliction episode

(as much of a trekie i am /me forgets about the klingons and startrek in general)

Another face back in uniform is that of avid Trek fan Seth MacFarlane, creator of the animated comedy Family Guy (which currently is being made into a movie).

this is the first i have heard about a family guy movie!

I think that was partly explained in either Enterprise, TNG, or Voyager. How he went away and some Q-like entity took care of him.