[Definitive] Star Trek

WTF?????????

It sucked! First Contact was the best in Trek history.

585159512[/snapback]

Hey, people have different tastes. I like Nemesis and you like First Contact. But, First Contact is my 2nd favourite ST movie.

was first contact the one with the borg queen? and going back in time to prevent.. oh ya first contact ;)

yup! i liked that one. good times with data pretending to be a borg :p

585160015[/snapback]

yer it was good

I wonder what the next ST series will be after Enterprise is done. I hope the writers don't run out of ideas.

it is a good question... maybe they will show an alternative star trek universe :D or maybe a ship + crew get trapped in a alternative universe and try to find a way back.. although would probably border on voyager to much.

someone said a few pages back about perhaps doing time travel.. a ship that is all about policing time travel ... albeit been done with other dedicated programs like ummm TimeCop or what ever that was called.

I hope its in the future anyway, I rather see future could be technology then just a hundred years ahead...

Yeah. Like the voyages of the Star Ship Relativity. Or the Federation Time Ship Aeon. And that idea about being stuck in an alternate universe is okay. Might be a bit on the Voyager side though.

I think the next series should be beyond ST:NG/DS9/ST:V, maybe Danniel's (from enterprise temporal war) timeframe would be interesting. Being that timeline deals with time travel you could use just about anybody from the previous star trek shows and not have any complaints :)

I wonder what the next ST series will be after Enterprise is done. I hope the writers don't run out of ideas.

585160039[/snapback]

I seriously doubt they could have another ST series after Enterprise.

I hope they do have something, I would hate to see ST end

585160861[/snapback]

yeah? it would be nice. But what story lines are there? It's kinda rehashing the old stuff. Things have to end at some point...they should just continue to work on the current show, filling in the blanks of past story lines as they seem to have plans for. It's just my opinion, they might get creative and come up with something orginal...who knows? :)

yeah? it would be nice. But what story lines are there? It's kinda rehashing the old stuff. Things have to end at some point...they should just continue to work on the current show, filling in the blanks of past story lines as they seem to have plans for. It's just my opinion, they might get creative and come up with something orginal...who knows? :)

585161625[/snapback]

Maybe some sort of spinoff series from Voyager or keep Enterprise running longer than the normal 7 seasons, keep it going to we see Kirk enter Starfleet Acadamy :)

Maybe some sort of spinoff series from Voyager or keep Enterprise running longer than the normal 7 seasons, keep it going to we see Kirk enter Starfleet Acadamy  :)

585161678[/snapback]

omg like a smallville version of ST..? :laugh:

585160039[/snapback]

They have been since mid-Voyager. And I can promise you no Star Trek series after Enterprise. Heck, Enterprise, while pretty damn good this season, may not see the light of day by season's end.

I seriously doubt they could have another ST series after Enterprise.

585160542[/snapback]

Well, I'd still like to see the beginnings of the Federation, which Enterprise was sort of supposed to be but never was.

^ What do you think they are doing now?

Eh? I'm not too sure, seems like they're just jumping from story arch to story arch still really (more interesting stories now though). Only close thing was the Vulcan story arch.

And, Enterprise's first season started about ten years before the actual forming of the Federation, so I doubt you'll actually SEE the formation. :p

585163000[/snapback]

Well, there's the next series then ;)

Might as well fill in the story line as good as they can.

There's no rule they must follow that says Season 5 (if there is one) takes place exactly after Season 4, who says it can't be 4 years after that point, and thus right at the start of the Federation.

Either way, Manny Coto has stated if there is a 5th season, we will see the start of the Federation, along with the final "enlightenment" of Earth so to speak.

but if you want to follow ST tradition a season starts (timeline wise) were the season before it ended (unless radically stated by an episode) so i doubt they would do that.

what they need to do for the next series (cus im sure they are thinking about it right now), is get out a white board and make 2 coulmns one for what made the good episodes/seasons/and series good and on the other side what made them bad. and keep that In mind when they make a new series or episode and each time they go to write a story.

What makes them bad? Stealing stories from previous Star Trek series. TNG did it in its first season, VOY did it a lot. ENT did it during the second season.

585163833[/snapback]

There's nothing wrong with it. In fact, didn't I read somewhere back, that they are planning Season 5 as an Arch in formation of the federation? I would love to see that. :yes:

But that means they'd have to squeeze in the Romulan Wars at the beginning of Season 5. The Romulan Wars comes before the formation of the Federation.

But that means they'd have to squeeze in the Romulan Wars at the beginning of Season 5. The Romulan Wars comes before the formation of the Federation.

585167725[/snapback]

Won't that be nice.... :D