[Definitive] Star Trek

oK NEXT topic, which is your favorite ship in ST, and be specific, don't just say "Enterprise"... :wacko:

personally, I liked Voyager, forget the alpha-numeric designation. ;)

585179122[/snapback]

Voyager...... The show was my fav..... I wonder if there's a DVD set out there...

Reading up on that armor, it is really good stuff. Just being from the future in the ST timeline, it's hard to come by....lol.

585187269[/snapback]

I think you'll find this information quite useful.

Ablative armour was originally developed for the USS Defiant; the Borg had proven their ability to penetrate Federation shields with ease during their encounter with the Enterprise at system J-25, and the Defiant designers wanted the ship to have a degree of protection even if the shields should be overcome in the expected future encounters.

The value of the armour was proven when the Defiant came up against Dominion forces. Like the Borg, the Dominion were able to penetrate Federation shielding systems relatively easily in the first years of hostility between the two powers, and the Defiant's ablative armour allowed the ship to withstand attacks that would have otherwise caused significant damage.

Recently there has been a massive revolution in this technology with the appearance of the ablative armour generator. This device was given to the crew of the USS Voyager by a future version of Admiral Janeway, who travelled back in time to the ship in order to assist them in returning home from the Delta Quadrant. The generator involves a series of devices placed onto the hull of a vessel; when activated these replicate a layer of armour over the surface of the ship. The effectiveness of armour is considerable. The system Voyager employed was able to withstand a simultaneous attack by several Borg cubes. One of the most useful features of this system is that as it can be materialised and dematerialised as needed, even weapons systems can be covered over when they are not actually in use. This gives a much greater degree of coverage than any standard armour protection which must leave permanent apetures to operate such systems through.

At time of writing Starfleet had had relatively little time to asses this technology, but it was simple to adapt it for use on Voyager without spacedock or any outside support, indicating that it should be reasonably easy for the remainder of Starfleet's ships to create ablative armour generators for themselves. This should multiply the hull strength of the fleet massively at a single stroke.

SOURCE

alrighty then, next topic, favorite weapon in ST... :ninja:

my fav is the photon torpedo.

585188454[/snapback]

My favourite weapon is the Quantum Torpedo.

tricobalt devices seen in VOY001: "Caretaker" only 2 of them. pssht.

585188464[/snapback]

:rofl: hahaha, yea that was kinda gay they only had 2.

what about ds9 with all the phaser n torpedo platforms? that frickin rocks

remember in way of the warrior that was insane when they sisko goes "fire at will" phaser beams all over the place.

Fav star trek weapon? Would def have to be the old skool phaser rifle from the the episode "where no man has gone before" of the original series.

wnm_016.jpg

God that thing is large lol. Roddenberry mustve realized that... wow... its in the future... the weapons can be small and still be powerfull. lol.

alrighty then, next topic, favorite weapon in ST... :ninja:

my fav is the photon torpedo.

585188454[/snapback]

Transphasic Torpedo

The transphasic torpedo is a futuristic Starfleet weapon, developed sometime in the 2380s in an alternate timeline. It was designed specifically to handle the Borg threat, possibly with input by Captain Kathryn Janeway and the crew of the USS Voyager.

Transphasic Torpedo

The transphasic torpedo is a futuristic Starfleet weapon, developed sometime in the 2380s in an alternate timeline. It was designed specifically to handle the Borg threat, possibly with input by Captain Kathryn Janeway and the crew of the USS Voyager.

585188720[/snapback]

Good choice. That weapon is very powerful. It was strictly an anti-borg weapon.

^ Technically, yes, it is. But.. the proto-type was slightly larger than the finished ship.

Hehe.. I missed out alot here. I have tonsillitis so I won't be posting alot here. My throat hurts, and it hurts even more when I swallow (my own saliva).

585183173[/snapback]

:) get better soon dude, thats nasty.

And it's too bad Starfleet will never adopt it after Voyager brought the technology back to Earth, and will be lost forever in a massive plot hole.

585188732[/snapback]

If they do another series based after Voyager, they could say that the technology was to badly damaged during their escape from the Borg or they use it to out fit a whole fleet of ship and head out to the delta quadrant to kick some Borg butt :D

And it's too bad Starfleet will never adopt it after Voyager brought the technology back to Earth, and will be lost forever in a massive plot hole.

585188732[/snapback]

I read somewhere that Section 31 stole Voyager and took all its technology, then brought it somewhere to be destroyed. Starfleet did have some time to adopt the technology.

Here is another "outcome". I'm not sure if it is Canon though.

The History of the U.S.S. Voyager is very complicated, but is explainable,so Voyager was first commisioned in late 2370,under Kathyrn Janeway's command.In early 2371, Voyager was lost in the Delta-Quadrent,by 2378, Voyager found its way back home.Starfleet kept it in survice, but in 2392, Voyager was destroyed by Captain Janeway.

SOURCE

:) get better soon dude, thats nasty.

585188740[/snapback]

Thanks. Yeah, I know its nasty. And its very irritating. I can't eat anything because it hurts so much. Except for some hot porridge. Thats all I've been eating since yesterday.