[Definitive] Star Trek

you mean Jadzia Dax?  :huh:

585247890[/snapback]

The Dax name refers to the symbiont/worm that was inside the belly of Jadzia, and then Ezri.

Edit: That's a lot of WoW, LOC!

Well, Ezri was Dax. lol

Uh I don't want to spoil things for anyone who hasn't seen DS9 much, but yeah Ezri is Dax. That's about it.

585247886[/snapback]

I would assume that Somoa, although not a fan of DS9 in general, preferred the Jadzia host to the Ezri host. Thus, he does not wish to acknowledge that Ezri ever existed.

Personally, I thought Ezri was kind of cute but not as sexy as Jadzia. Ezri was a bit perky and she got annoying but at least she was cute.

Edit: Or maybe Somoa doesn't know who Ezri is/was....

I would assume that Somoa, although not a fan of DS9 in general, preferred the Jadzia host to the Ezri host.  Thus, he does not wish to acknowledge that Ezri ever existed.

Personally, I thought Ezri was kind of cute but not as sexy as Jadzia.  Ezri was a bit perky and she got annoying but at least she was cute.

Edit:  Or maybe Somoa doesn't know who Ezri is/was....

585247896[/snapback]

It's okay. More Ezri for me :p

I listened to Wil's audio blog entry and boy does he love to swear. :blink:

I'd like to see more fleet-to-fleet battles and more phaser/disruptor fire fights.

EDIT: I apologize for the double post. :whistle:

31, I hear ya. I would like to see more major battles. That would be some kick ass stuff.  :yes:

585251871[/snapback]

Ever see DS9? I think there's a lot of that in there. :o :wacko: :rofl: :pinch: :yes:

But the CGi tech that they had during DS9's production wasn't good enough to do some real space battles. In some battle scenes they had to copy and paste ships, use poor shield effects etc..

I'm not saying that it was bad back then when DS9 was at its best, but right now the CGi used in Enterprise can make alot of nice space battles. There was one in Countdown, or another episode. It showed the sphere and lots of ships firing at it. Xindi ships firing back. And another one was the bio-bomb fired from the Bird of Prey that was taken over by the augments. How Enterprise's photonic topredoes followed the bio-bomb and blew it up over the planet. That scene used some nice CGi effects. (Y)

73 pages of posts. 1090 replies (as of now). And over 30,000 views. What an accomplishment.

But the CGi tech that they had during DS9's production wasn't good enough to do some real space battles. In some battle scenes they had to copy and paste ships, use poor shield effects etc..

I'm not saying that it was bad back then when DS9 was at its best, but right now the CGi used in Enterprise can make alot of nice space battles. There was one in Countdown, or another episode. It showed the sphere and lots of ships firing at it. Xindi ships firing back. And another one was the bio-bomb fired from the Bird of Prey that was taken over by the augments. How Enterprise's photonic topredoes followed the bio-bomb and blew it up over the planet. That scene used some nice CGi effects. (Y)

585252418[/snapback]

I understand what you mean. That's one of the bigger reasons I don't like that Kevin Sorbo show. The stuff looks soo low budget. Unlike Battlestar Galactica, the special effects are amazing. Nothing looks low budget. True the battlestar from the interior looks like our modern day naval ships, but in the story it explains why that is so. ;)

I understand what you mean. That's one of the bigger reasons I don't like that Kevin Sorbo show. The stuff looks soo low budget. Unlike Battlestar Galactica, the special effects are amazing. Nothing looks low budget. True the battlestar from the interior looks like our modern day naval ships, but in the story it explains why that is so.  ;)

585257039[/snapback]

I agree :yes:

^ thanks :)

I guess there aren't many on neowin today to add comments. We're still on the topic of what you would like to see in ST. Not limited to just Enterprise mind you.

[side note]

Recently, like last week, I requested that brackets be put around the Definitive part of the title for this thread. Prior to that however, it was I believe another member that got me to request the name change from Enterprise season 4..wdf? to Definitive Star Trek. I've requested twice and had one other person request it as well to have this become a sticky. We've been turned down, given that there are already 4 sticky in this area and that our topic appears to remain active.

I thought that the activeness of it qualified it to be a sticky. This topic is certainly more active than some of the sticky that are present.. :wacko: Nevertheless, let's keep on posting and building this thread. We can always make requests in the furture toward this becoming a sticky. :yes:

Anyway, My main point is to address that I see this thread as being our thread and not just mine. If people have suggestions pleas post or pm me. Let's keep our topic going thoughout 2005. (Y) Which should be easy with the remaining seaseon a head of us.... :D

Edited by Samoa

I got tied up and whipped so hard with a stick because I backed you guys up with the sticky request. My legs are still healing and my hair is only just now growing back....

:p

I got tied up and whipped so hard with a stick because I backed you guys up with the sticky request. My legs are still healing and my hair is only just now growing back....

:p

585258073[/snapback]

Sorry about that buddy, :( I know timdorr has his sticky in place so it makes us less likely to get a ours as a sticky. Thanks for trying. (Y)

wow, really slow day... :(

[ships log]

Not feeling aroused today. I downloaded some episodes of SG-1 and SG-A. I had watched BSG yesterday. Need to do other things...hungry.

[end log]

Heh...I like the Simpsons bit with the TOS crew in their current state. The fat/old kirk and scotty etc. Can't remember which episode but it was hilarious.