[Definitive] Star Trek

I did like the darker tone of DS9. The prospect of having characters that weren't shining examples of perfect human beings made for MUCH more interesting television. Although my friend Samoa said that Sci-Fi should center around action, I disagree. Characters like Garak, Miles, Odo, Quark -- well, basically everyone -- and the tension between them were just more believable than the happy-go-lucky TNG crew.

585287410[/snapback]

I agree with that. I find that TNG is particularly hard to watch in re-runs as the characters are so sappy.

The first time I watched each episode I gained some entertainment hoping that Wesley Crusher would die (sorry, Wil).

Or Troi.

Or Riker.

Or any of them really.

Data was a glorified Pinocchio. Spock was interesting because he tried NOT be human. That was at least a bit of a challenge to our human sensibilities. Data trying to be human was just self-gratifing tripe.

I shouldn't harp on Data. I actually didn't mind his character when they didn't push the Pinocchio storyline too far (like some of the movies).

Troi. She bugged me. She always stated the most obvious emotions. I sense that you are angry. No kidding, woman. Was it the phaser that gave it away?

Riker. Did he ever disagree with Picard? Turning down promotions to be with his mentor how cute. Or we he just a fat "yes" man.

/rant

WOW! I just realised that today is Friday. Enterprise, enterprise, enterprise, enterprise!! :woot:

WOW! I just realised that today is Friday. Enterprise, enterprise, enterprise, enterprise!!  :woot:

585292165[/snapback]

Yup, i feel like that too!

Hopefully the new eps will be as good as the previous season 4 eps. :D

That reminds me, I've not watched any DS9, Voyager or TNG for some time....must rectify this soon :laugh:

Should be up real soon.

It was an okay episode...nothing spectacular.

585295745[/snapback]

thanks for the heads up (Y)......ANY time now...(refreshes BT site)... :(

Edited by Samoa

The episode was alright. The only thing I actually noticed was the change is camera handling style :blink: . The way they zoomed in onto the old black guy's face was wierd. He said "I can't, I can't!".

The whole zoom thing felt like I was watching a tabloid news program.

Tonights Episode was pretty crapy... it's like i knew exactly what was going to happen.

Pretty boring, but the whole season has been (N). (imo)

The season was good, but that episode was below average good. Not enough action in it. Hopefully we'll see better episodes in the near future. I can't wait to see the episodes that explain the mystery of the Klingon cranial ridges.

I thought it was a very well done character driven episode. Taken for what it was, it was perfectly acceptable. It's just a filler story remember, to fill in between the mini-arc episodes so you know, don't expect Best of Both Worlds good here.

Either way, I thought the actor who played the old black guy was terrific. The scene with Archer and the doctor when the doctor said "Please help me Jonathan" man that was terrific.

He certainly has good acting skills. I think I've seen him a few times in The Outer Limits.

My take on this week's episode: *spoiler*

Altright, I thought this episode deserves a "4" out of 10. This was OK, cause it was about character development. It wasn't action like I like (lol) and the script was rather dry, although the acting was "good". It is my believe that Archer did the wrong thing. He blatantly put the crew at risk after finding out the fraud that was perpetrated on the Enterprise. He clearly showed his character had changed from their mission to face the Xindi. I don't believe he would've done things like he did if he had not gone after the Xindi. It clearly was for personal reasons.

I would have held both the old man and his daughter responsible for the death of the crew member. I wouldn't been as harsh with the daughter though. Although the old man has gotten her into trouble to "save" his son.

T'pol is really gaining some character development. It's kinda of a shame that her and Tucker don't get together. But I suspect they will drift apart more then eventually wind up together.

All in all, it was an OK episode. Kind of a filler IMO. But some needed character development I guess. :unsure:

You saw that smile Trip gave her when he said at least the warp core still needs him? That was soooo put in by him to show how happy they both were that that stupid storyline was over.

But my guess is down the road T'Pol and Trip will get together.

You saw that smile Trip gave her when he said at least the warp core still needs him? That was soooo put in by him to show how happy they both were that that stupid storyline was over.

But my guess is down the road T'Pol and Trip will get together.

585299499[/snapback]

yeah, who wouldn't have saw that coming? I mean, they did have sex before. You'd think they would have stronger connection. But then she's a vulcan female. Females on earth wouldn't likely gotten more intimate faster... :yes:

The only time a Vulcan truly gets intimate is during the Vulcan's Pon'Far. It happens every 7 years. Plus, a Human male cannot impregnate a Vulcan female by natural means. A doctor has to fuse the cells together in order to create a baby (just guessing). It was explained in the episode E? that Dr. Phlox creates a way in which a Human and a Vulcan can have a baby.

The only time a Vulcan truly gets intimate is during the Vulcan's Pon'Far. It happens every 7 years. Plus, a Human male cannot impregnate a Vulcan female by natural means. A doctor has to fuse the cells together in order to create a baby (just guessing). It was explained in the episode E? that Dr. Phlox creates a way in which a Human and a Vulcan can have a baby.

585299795[/snapback]

Wonder if cells had to be fused together to create Spock, or if the other way doesn't require that (Vulcan male, Human female).

585299795[/snapback]

I thought pon'far was for males only. ;)) anyway, Vulcan sex sucks. 24/7 is a better approach(Y))