[Definitive] Star Trek

From what I'm reading, Paramount, the studio who produces Star Trek... NOT the network that airs it, really wants to let Star Trek take a break for a few years. :(

585476713[/snapback]

No, that's just "talk". The only reason that has come up is because of the dismal ratings Enterprise is getting on UPN. If the ratings were higher or at least on-par with what they want, this discussion wouldn't even be taking place. So, no, it isn't being cancelled just because some Paramount execs are saying "gee, you know, it would be good for the series to take a break." UPN is the United Paramount Network, as in, subsidary of Paramount, which is why Star Trek no longer airs on Fox as it did before UPN was created. So it's pretty much just the UPN people saying "look, the ratings are too low to pay for the show with ad revenue.", that's about it. That said...

I have a very exciting article for all of us courtesy of Sci-Fi Wire:

Straczynski Wants To Reboot Trek

If you want Trek to continue in the near future, this is our best bet. Enterprise will be cancelled, it is VERY unlikely that UPN/Paramount will change their minds about it. But as for another show? Well, with Straczynski at the wheel, I think if enough interest is shown, they will at least consider it, and it would be the best Trek in years. Without this project, it will be quite a while before a new Trek series comes out, not to mention a MOVIE.

^ There was actually an update to that story. He's no longer interested.

Link???

the above story was posted today 12:00 AM, 15-FEBRUARY-05 , and i found no evidence of a supposed " update"

Please post difinetive answers, not "trolls"

:rolleyes:

^ There was actually an update to that story. He's no longer interested.

585477965[/snapback]

Well, I stand corrected. I just decided to remove what I said previously since it isn't really relevant. He really got that one out of the way quickly, damn. It's still incorrect to say Straczynski isn't interested, it's just that he found out Paramout FOR SURE was giving Trek a rest, so he figured it would be pointless and took the other offer.

I am VERY interested to find out what the new series is! A new series, a new B5 movie... damn.

Now was that so hard?!  :rofl:

585479645[/snapback]

:yes:

Yes, you look like a troll. Just like any Andorian would.  :p So deal with it blue skin.. :cool:

585479968[/snapback]

Hey, pink skin, I have my Aenar friends... :shifty:

Maybe we need a new topic of discussion...

Hmm... If you could meet any two people from Star Trek, who would it be? (One actor and one behind-the-scenes guy.)

585484772[/snapback]

Seven and DATA. If you mean the actors, well, not really interested...but meeting would be fine. I'll have to check my schedule...

^ Avery Brooks?

I want to meet more DS9 actors. I also want to meet two directors, Straiton and Livingston. :)

585486223[/snapback]

Bleh, don't remember last time I posted this? :p

I've met:

TOS - William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelly, James Doohan, Walter Keonig, Nichelle Nichols (I think that's everyone, it's 5 am heh)

TNG - Patrick Stewart, Brent Spiner, Jonathan Frakes, Marina Sirtis, Gates McFadden, Majel Barrett, LeVar Burton

DS9 - Avery Brooks, Nana Visitor & Alexander Siddig, Rene Auberjonois, Marc Alaimo, Terry Farrell, Colm Meany

Voy - Kate Mulgrew, Robert Beltran, Roxann Dawson, Robert McNiell, Ethan Philips, Robert Picardo, Tim Russ, Jeri Ryan, Garratt Wang, Jennifer Lien.

Ent - Only Scott Bakula, and that was at a general SciFi show.

Those are only the main characters, I've met a boat load of the secondary characters (like Damar and Garak etc) and alot of the guest actors as well.

:)