Ashlee Simpson SNL Disaster

Is Ashlee Simpson's lip synching messup going to ruin her career permanently ?  

457 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ashlee Simpson's lip synching messup going to ruin her career permanently ?

• Yes, Ashlee is ruined, and she'll never recover
    • No, Ashlee will bounce back

Wait I'm confused. I tuned out during the presidential debate skit. Did this really happen live or was it just an out-take?

SNL is pre-recorded isn't it? If they recorded it before, wouldn't they cut it out for the actual showing?

584796000[/snapback]

i wonder why rhey call it saturday nite LIVE..

i wonder why rhey call it saturday nite LIVE..

584796033[/snapback]

If you watch the beginning, you'll notice it says "Broadcast from a previous live recording". All the acting is done live, but it's recorded before (just like late night shows).

Or at least that's what I assumed from what I read.

in her defense, it might not be a case of lip synching, it might be that they actually double that stuff. i've seen her perform live before and it was so bad that it couldn't have possibly been lip synching.

there's also a possibility that the DAT that they play off of that has "shadows" on it is also what the band uses to practice for shows when she's not around.

there are a number of answers, and i'm sure she's going to have to come up with one.

a lot of bands have pre-recorded parts (clicks or drum parts) and becuase she doesn't have backup singers like avril does there could actually be a recorded track of her singing to double up on her vocals. the reason i'm thinking that is because the vocals in that video have so much echo/reverb on them that they would never be able to be pulled off as being "live"

i don't think that this is a milli vanilli situation

If you watch the beginning, you'll notice it says "Broadcast from a previous live recording". All the acting is done live, but it's recorded before (just like late night shows).

Or at least that's what I assumed from what I read.

584796042[/snapback]

thats only when they air old episodes.....

thats only when they air old episodes.....

584796052[/snapback]

I'm almost positive I read it when today's episode was airing.

So, did anyone actually see this on the TV? I just keep hearing people go "Owned". Does anyone even watch SNL? :p

Hmm you guys may be right about a lot of the live performers lip syncing for clarity, but a lot of other "bands" do not lip sync. I think I remember celine dion :p performing one time and she didn't milli vanilli cause she did the whole "move-your-hand-with-the scale" thing. Either way, she was pretty unprofessional.

****HAHA I'm on the west coast and just saw it. They edited out all of the singing that they goofed up on, so it looks like they start and she just freaks out.

Okay, just aired on the west coast... THEY EDITED IT!!!

and wow, that was totally blown out of proportion. It was nothing more than a technical miscue. She should not be embarassed at all for this as it was not her fault.

Oh and I think she was dancing like that to address the fact that someone was f-ing up.

LOL! That was classic ownage :p Was it me or did she try to dance it off but couldn't? :s But I like the fact that the band kept on playing like they were supposed to, unlike her.

It was not a miscue. If you listen to the actual song, that is right where it is suppose to be. She just missed her singing part on a song that she has to have sung 1000 times.

She should not be embarassed at all for this as it was not her fault.

584796073[/snapback]

exactly, its not like anyone actually mistook her for an actual artist anyways.

Ok. It just aired here in Pacific time.

Now I'm just confused why I read "Recorded from a previous live performance" at the bottom of the screen. Maybe because it aired in Eastern before and is now being aired here? :p

explain in a little bit :rolleyes: ... crap pop singers have been lip syncing for years , this is why i have no respect for them, they are fake, phonies and liars. I absoluetly despise them as dirt...

Ok. It just aired here in Pacific time.

Now I'm just confused why I read "Recorded from a previous live performance" at the bottom of the screen. Maybe because it aired in Eastern before and is now being aired here? :p

584796085[/snapback]

Yep