Ashlee Simpson SNL Disaster

Is Ashlee Simpson's lip synching messup going to ruin her career permanently ?  

457 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ashlee Simpson's lip synching messup going to ruin her career permanently ?

• Yes, Ashlee is ruined, and she'll never recover
    • No, Ashlee will bounce back

I think she did the best thing she could do for the people who watched the show. She should ALWAYS lipsync. If she doesn't, people would have to go to the hospital cuz her singing is that bad. She ain't even good looking!

wow i checked this thread about 7 hours ago at school and it had 30k views...now its more than 60k.....but i think she will recover because it was only a screw up and it was nothing that was extremely negative like winona ryder being caught shoplifting. her career is pretty much over. but ashlee has jessicas support and these people have so many ways to influence everybody with this propoganda so she will bounce back....

I think she did the best thing she could do for the people who watched the show. She should ALWAYS lipsync. If she doesn't, people would have to go to the hospital cuz her singing is that bad. She ain't even good looking!

584803949[/snapback]

That's YOUR opinion of course. I think shes good looking.

just watched her earlier performance on snl and its pieces of me and when it starts you can clearly hear the sync track but it fades out at about the same time as the second performance. i definately am conflicted over this as it would appear that the lip sync track was only there to guide her, not to replace her.

Hi everyone, i have no clue what this board is about, but i had to register to put in my 2 cents :D

I had no clue either on who was Ashlee Simpson was too because i dont keep track of the new soapy pop star nubilets that come out, but ran across this on the net news.

Some people are trying to defend her, like, "well yeah but what pop singers doesnt lipsynch?" This is a worthless argument. Compare to saying "yeah but all politician are lying dirty-trickin manipulators" when Nixon was caught spying on democrats. How does having other crooks around excuse Nixons crookiness?

Yes some pop starlets cant sing and use lipsynch. But that one got caught! And saying in an humourous interview that she would never (im not a crook!) lipsynch for any reason whatsoever.

Any decent bands would call off a date instead of being phony and fake lipsynching. So she got what she deserved for being fake and phony, the mask falls for everyone to see!

And that nervous breakdown jig, ahh man that was priceless

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you cant fool all the people all the time.

Karma boomerang, baby!

but ashlee has jessicas support and these people have so many ways to influence everybody with this propoganda so she will bounce back....

Jessica's support? Jessica Simpson is famous for being a f*cking idiot! The only reason I even heard of her is from my wife telling me to watch some reality show about some guy and his moron prissy little wife. Chicken of the sea? Buffalo wings? I wouldn't want my failing career to have the support of someone famous for being a dumbass...

seen the video. it's been posted... in jokes and funny stuff :p oh well.. its not her fault.. shes the next illy vanilly!

Well at least now I know who Ashlee Simpson is.

And earlier today I actually downloaded some songs of hers, which were pretty much awful.

But I thought maybe she was a hot chick so I kept some. Might delete them now after seeing her. Yuk. Maybe she won't recover, lol.

I went to her website and her forum today, just to see what her fans are saying about her...HOLY SH!T...there are some brutal people posting stuff on there. People think *I'm* bad...you should check out what they are saying about her "My throat was sore" excuse...I'm sure you can imagine...

can somebody do me the favor of posting a vid of the acutallly good preformance of pecies of me and not the ****** up one where she suspsed to prefrom autobigraphy or whatever thanks alot if somebody does

That's YOUR opinion of course. I think shes good looking.

Are you sure you're thinking of the same Ashlee Simpson? The one with the HUGE chin and ridiculous nose? The one with the greasy hair that is always changing colour? The one who is chubby and has a guys body?

Also, I am very amused by the people saying it's not a big deal - the deal isn't that she was lip-syncing, it is widely known that most pop artists do, but the point is that she was found out.

Most importantly, she lied by blaming the band... and then her dad went on to say it was an "acid reflux" and the track was only their to "assist" her performance... If you mess up then you DON'T walk off stage or do a stupid monkey dance - it kinda makes Ballmer seem like a great dancer. ;)

Still, I'm happy we've know concluded that she can't dance and looks like the back end of a bus.

Heh....some "Throwback" artists.

It's one to mess up on stage, but to goof off and leave the stage like a scared little girl? Then pass the blame to her band?!?

I hope the band f'in smashes her.