Ashlee Simpson SNL Disaster

Is Ashlee Simpson's lip synching messup going to ruin her career permanently ?  

457 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ashlee Simpson's lip synching messup going to ruin her career permanently ?

• Yes, Ashlee is ruined, and she'll never recover
    • No, Ashlee will bounce back

:o well, i don't like Her and Her Music, but that was embarrassing and not to good for the fans. :p

She is not a professional; blaming the band was uncool and unacceptable. :no:

Heh, just saw that.

Pretty sad if she does lip sync. It's possible that they just double it or have background vocals as was said (though those didn't sound like just back up vocals), or even that what they were supposed to play didn't have vocals but that track did.

As for SNL...

Yes it's live (they do a practice run through on Friday night, though).

Many acts do not have any lip synching or prerecording at all - real bands like Dave Matthews Band, Phish, Pearl Jam, etc. But many other "groups" do.

My question is whether the band was actually playing or not... It almost looked like they were not. But that's a tough call to make from just watching that clip at home.

Wow, you guys sure are full of yourselves. First of all, she's not a "pop star", she's a rock star. Idiots. Another thing, what the **** do you all have against her? What the hell did she do to you? She isn't a spoiled brat. You don't know her. So shut the hell up. By the way, I highly, HIGHLY doubt any of you ###### would have handled the situation any better than she did. She was embarrassed. She's human. But I guess you guys aren't humans, are you? It's not uncommon at all for singers to lip synch occasionally. She has acid reflux, and her voice wasn't doing too well. Maybe if you actually watched her show, instead of pre judging her, you'd know that. Lots of singers lip synch. So, maybe you should get your facts straight before you make yourselves look like an ass.

my dad thinks that she was set up to make herself look stupid n stuff like her sister jessica simpson. but still, its very funny...ive watched the video a few times now and i cant stop laughing LOL

Wow, you guys sure are full of yourselves. First of all, she's not a "pop star", she's a rock star. Idiots. Another thing, what the **** do you all have against her? What the hell did she do to you? She isn't a spoiled brat. You don't know her. So shut the hell up. By the way, I highly, HIGHLY doubt any of you ###### would have handled the situation any better than she did. She was embarrassed. She's human. But I guess you guys aren't humans, are you? It's not uncommon at all for singers to lip synch occasionally. She has acid reflux, and her voice wasn't doing too well. Maybe if you actually watched her show, instead of pre judging her, you'd know that. Lots of singers lip synch. So, maybe you should get your facts straight before you make yourselves look like an ass.

584813209[/snapback]

I'm not particularly a fan of hers, though I do like one or two of her songs, and I completely agree. A lot of people here are obviously envious.

584813209[/snapback]

Not a good way to say hello to the Neowin community with your first post... :huh:

If she lied about never lipsynching, then her credibility goes down.

And heres another interesting thing about acid reflux disease that i found linked on another website:

GASTROESOPHAGEAL REFLUX DISEASE

(Heartburn/Dyspepsia)

DESCRIPTION

Discomfort in the upper digestive tract, often desribed as a burning sensation behind the sternum that radiates toward the mouth.

RISK INCREASES WITH

Hiatal hernia (part of stomach protrudes into the chest).

Ulcers of the esophagus.

Stress, anxiety, depression.

Improper diet; overeating.

Obesity.

Smoking.

Excess alcohol consumption.

Gastric motility disorder (disorder in how the stomach empties itself).

Use of certain drugs, such as aspirin, arthritis medicine or cortisone.

http://www.siu.edu/~shp/HealthEd/GERD.html

didnt her doc give her a shot of cortisone so she could sing 2 days later? maybe daddy read the website wrong and thought cortisone was a preventive measure, not a risk increaser...

i smell bull****

I can feel the love, don't know about anyone else :D

didnt her doc give her a shot of cortisone so she could sing 2 days later? maybe daddy read the website wrong and thought cortisone was a preventive measure, not a risk increaser...

i smell bull****

584813264[/snapback]

Gerd can lead to inflammation of the larynx "voice box", cortisone reduces inflammation in the larynx. She wasn't using cortisone to get over her reflux, she was using it to reduce the inflammation in the larynx. So it's possible she was hoarse from the reflux.

584813209[/snapback]

Well don't look now, you just made yourself look like one :shifty:

Yeah, she is pop. I hate to say it but all music is turning into pop. "Punk" bands are pop, rap is pop, everything is pop now.

She isn't a spoiled brat? She got in because her sister is Jessica Simpson. Do you think she actually has a voice?

And we can talk about her you know. You know that thing we called the first amendment.. :whistle:

Oh yeah, and an MTV fake reality show is a great show to go by..don't speak like you know facts when you don't. Unless you are closely involved with her you cant really tell us what's truth.

hey lay off the girl, she's only like 19 or something.

admittedly it is pretty bad!!! :D

heck at least it's not as worse as going to a Madonna gig and finding out she lip-sync'd for several songs!!!

however, if she apologises to me personally i'll forgive her (in your dreams) :happy:

but i think if she did my girlfriend would find out and a unuc i would be :(

;)

she is a pop star and don't think she will be missed if she's never seen again (industry wise, not personally)

market is saturated with female artists like her.... she doesn't bring anything new or unique to music.

I get ****ed off everytime I see people saying 'Pop=trash'.

Even though pop music is not favorite genre of mine, I like to listen to Britney or Christina for time killing, because it's easy to listen.

Remember, pop music is 'popular' music, not professional or difficult music.

Ashlee might be just another spoiled brat who considers herself to be rocker, but most of people listen to her music not because it's exactly rock music, because it's easy to listen and make people feel like they can be a star too(just like Avril Lavigne or Michell Branch)

Diana Ross on my signature is pop artist too!

I get ****ed off everytime I see people saying 'Pop=trash'.

Even though pop music is not favorite genre of mine, I like to listen to Britney or Christina for time killing, because it's easy to listen.

Remember, pop music is 'popular' music, not professional or difficult music.

Diana Ross on my signature is pop artist too!

584815205[/snapback]

I didnt mean that pop was trash, indeed, most of the old pop classics are on my all time fav's list (OK, perhaps more pop/rock orientated). I meant that SHE is pop trash, if you follow me. A.S. is just another clone of the single female wannabe's that seem to have dominated the past 10 years along with boybands.

Are you sure you're thinking of the same Ashlee Simpson? The one with the HUGE chin and ridiculous nose? The one with the greasy hair that is always changing colour? The one who is chubby and has a guys body?

Also, I am very amused by the people saying it's not a big deal - the deal isn't that she was lip-syncing, it is widely known that most pop artists do, but the point is that she was found out.

Most importantly, she lied by blaming the band... and then her dad went on to say it was an "acid reflux" and the track was only their to "assist" her performance... If you mess up then you DON'T walk off stage or do a stupid monkey dance - it kinda makes Ballmer seem like a great dancer. ;)

Still, I'm happy we've know concluded that she can't dance and looks like the back end of a bus.

584805995[/snapback]

HEHE oh yeah.. she doesn't look good does she :)

Down with the Lip-synchers!!

if you actually consider her a rock star then i feel realy sorry for you. she goes into a studio and records countless times to tune her voice to what people think she should sound like. then someone slaps all those good sections together to produce one good song. that, IMO, is pathetic. I know a lot of bands and POP stars have to do this because the industry is mainly based upon their looks and POPularity throughout the community, but there are realy talented bands that need only a couple attempts to actually nail the song THEY wrote. So before you go and try to claim that ashley simpson is anything other than a POP star, please take some more time and consideration as to what you're doing.

ps. and yes ive watched her show and saw that BS about the acid reflux