Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

Now I have a question.  I saw dell was selling them for 20% off, and I was going to jump on it with my 25% off coupon BUT it wouldn't let me. Is this coupon not stackable?  Is there any coupons out there that are?

585073540[/snapback]

no, they are not stackable....... i thought they were too but the only stackable ones are the $30,$35,$45 off coupons for electronics that they have from time to time but the only downside is they expire after 1500 uses so u gotta get on top of that quickly. I spent all night waiting for those coupons so i would be able to use them. Just check on SlickDeals.net everyday for them.

Now I have a question.  I saw dell was selling them for 20% off, and I was going to jump on it with my 25% off coupon BUT it wouldn't let me. Is this coupon not stackable?  Is there any coupons out there that are?

585073540[/snapback]

You replace the 20 percent with the 25 percent coupon. you can't get 45 percent off. :laugh:

Finally almost all the bitching is overwith. :p

585073468[/snapback]

very funny...i went through hell with dell...but i love this monitor...it puts my other lcd to shame though, the brightness is just ridiculous...i just got back form my final in audio engineering, i rushed through it just to play with this thing...but im sure i aced that test...but my god this monitor is way better than what i had originally imagined....it has surpassed every one of my expectations...now its time to play half life tizzle...lol, im such a computer ######

::havent played hl2 yet...put a wallpaper on ....i really cant believe how beautiful the colors are...im going to save up some money and get rid of this other lcd and replace it with another one of these babies...guess im going to have to get another video card too so i can have dual dvi...man this thing owns...i gotta post a SS...sorry

:::::i think i need a new/bigger desk now too...

::::got the dvi cable to work... the sides were bent, i took a good look at it and took some needle nose to them....gold plated 5m cable > dells dvi cable

post-19111-1102629220_thumb.jpg

Edited by Meshuggah

very funny...i went through hell with dell...but i love this monitor...it puts my other lcd to shame though, the brightness is just ridiculous...i just got back form my final in audio engineering, i rushed through it just to play with this thing...but im sure i aced that test...but my god this monitor is way better than what i had originally imagined....it has surpassed every one of my expectations...now its time to play half life tizzle...lol, im such a computer ######

::havent played hl2 yet...put a wallpaper on ....i really cant believe how beautiful the colors are...im going to save up some money and get rid of this other lcd and replace it with another one of these babies...guess im going to have to get another video card too so i can have dual dvi...man this thing owns...i gotta post a SS...sorry

:::::i think i need a new/bigger desk now too...

::::got the dvi cable to work... the sides were bent, i took a good look at it and took some needle nose to them....gold plated 5m cable > dells dvi cable

585073982[/snapback]

Are you running dual monitors?

Looks like this may be my next monitor purchase. I have a couple questions though.

1. Whats the dot pitch? ie. .26 or .29 My 19in Sammy is .29, and most 17's are .26, .26 obviously being the finer looking, sharper image.

2. Would I be better off buying this monitor over a dual 17in setup that I was originally going to get? The Dell would be cheaper, but just money aside, which would be better? I do alot of Photoshop and website design, so the more screen realastate (sp?) the better. Mostly so I can view the image or editing window on one screen, and all my pallets and other apps on the other screen. Also, I do a fair amount of gaming as well, so the 12ms response time would be perfect. Anyway, thanks for your help. :)

Stealth -

dell has THE worst phone support EVER.....i called for replacement of new screen and they couldnt edit my info im like wtf? .....so pretty much got 2 bad screens but im running dual setup and then i got 3 more coming to me as replacement apprently.... wonder if they gonna mess up and send me all 3

I bought Dell 2005FP on last Friday, it took me about US$665 and I got the monitor on this Wednesday (Dec, 8, 2004).

1. I saw there is a 2-inch crack on one side of box when I got the package. :(

2. I found there are two cables available when I opened the box, one for analog and one for ditial (DVI), however, the analog one is already connect on monitor. (Is it brand NEW monitor I got??) :blink:

3. I found there are two fingerprints on the LCD panel on left bottom corner, and also, there are 2 - 3 scratchs on the panel after I took the panel out of the box and took the protected panel cover out. :huh:

4. After everthing was setup, I turned on the power on my computer and the panel, I felt the image quality for the LCD is great. But, I found there are three things interesting, compared with my Sony SDM-81.

a.) "BRIGHTNESS" feature doesn't work well as I expected, I changed the brightness setting to 100 and 0, there is not big difference between them, no matter I used analog cable or DVI cable.

b.) If I view the screen from the center of panel moving left and right or from the center of panel moving up and down the image quality looks fine no color distortion , however, if I view the image from the center of the panel moving the coner side (left-bottom, right-bottm, left-up, or left-down), the screen becomes foggy in PURPLE. The same thing is not happened on Sony SDM-81.

c. Color Saturation (vivid) is not as good as Sony SDM-81, I think that's because Dell 2005FP is more brighter on backlight than SDM-81, and the light can't be reduced more by "Brightness". However, the 2005FP has 600:1 contrast ratio, it should be better in color saturation (vivid) than SDM-81 (400:1) in theory...

I called Dell customer service today and told them I would like to return the monitor because I am not satisfied with their qualification proceess for this product. :pinch:

I don't play computer games, the monitor for me is like a wide screen TV so I really care how it works when I watch movies.

/me will have a 4x setup when its all said and done.. hopefully i can config gfx to have them stacked so in theory 3360x2100 ...ex..

[monitor][monitor]

[monitor][monitor]

if it works i will be building a custom enclosure so i can mount these on teh wall and make it a 40" screen WOOT

Email support answered me in like an hour. Maybe less, I can't remember.

If you want a tracking number on your replacement monitor just login on the Dell website and you'll see it show up as a new order eventually. They'll update it with a tracking number once it ships.

585072890[/snapback]

unimatrixer0 and others who got their replacements, my replacement is showing up on my dell site but it is showing up as the regular price w/o coupons which is $864.92. i am a little worried, my originial price was $594. 56. are they going to end up charging my credit card for the difference?

ok, let me rephrase that. Why are people lazy?

Why wouldn't someone check dell's website when buying a new dell monitor to look at the price? He paid exactly what it would have cost him to buy it from dell without any discount, and right now they are giving 20% off of this monitor.

can you elaborate on that? just because people pay retail or close to it doesn't mean they are stupid. its probably because they don't know otherwise.

585076448[/snapback]

yeah, they are not stupid, just ignorant.

well, since people are crapping all over dell, i figured i would post my first post ever in neowin here. after reading the reviews and being completely impressed and obsessed with getting the 2005fp, i managed to get hold of a 25% dellf and a stackable $40 off (both from slickdeals) last night. after going through the whole cart and purchase thing i got an error when i went to close the deal out. bah!

i figured someone beat me to the coupon, but since i had it all on my screen and at a price of $592, (taxes apply where i live, bah!), i'd give dell a call. after explaining it was on my screen, the lady at dell, prolly in india, told me to hold on and she'd verify my coupon codes. she came back and said that the stackable $40 was still ok but the 25% had been used already, but she would give me 20% off instead (which is the current deal at dell). pretty good but i was stretching my wifes patience at $600 so i said that $630 something was over my budget, but thanks for trying. she said hold on let me see what i can do. needless to say she got me the approval for the 25% off, $40 stackable and free shipping so i said woohoo! SWEET! $592 shipped to my door by the 14th! she was really nice, and me being nice and not a hard a$$ about it prolly had something to do with me getting it.

can't wait! ;)

Edited by noudont

ok, let me rephrase that.  Why are people lazy? 

Why wouldn't someone check dell's website when buying a new dell monitor to look at the price?  He paid exactly what it would have cost him to buy it from dell without any discount, and right now they are giving 20% off of this monitor.

585076530[/snapback]

no idea why, but that just means more for the seller. buyer's loss for not doing their hw.

Edited by knowleqe

hmm something doesnt seem right mine only costed 549$ ...and i used same coupons as everyone else :|

585076677[/snapback]

some people have to pay tax depending on the state.