Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

It is made by both LG and BenQ.

LCD panel is made by LG and the housing is made by BenQ. I don't see why you people don't understand that.

585153028[/snapback]

I did say that, I was getting told otherwise.

i hate to go a little off topic but...i tried playing sw epII and it looks like arse. i am using a dvi connection and have updated my video card drivers. i am using power dvd 5. is there something else i need to change? my setting is at 1680x1050.

p.s. when i go full screen i get horizontal "static" type lines, i also see this when i use divx for hd trailers in full screen.

Just got mine :D

No dead pixels that can see, and the backlight seems fine.

w00t! :woot: :whistle:

[edit] OSX picked it up straight off, even had a colour calibration setting for it. Brightness down to 0 and a colour calibration later, and it's looking much better :)

Really shows up the pair of 15" no-name TFT's i've been using for the last few weeks. Whatever shal I do with this CRT :devil:

Edited by GothTeddy

just got my replacement, and this one has 2 stuck pixels, and no back light issue, so back this one goes, they still aint picked up the orignal, which had backlight and 1 pixel stuck on red

just got my replacement, and this one has 2 stuck pixels, and no back light issue, so back this one goes, they still aint picked up the orignal, which had backlight and 1 pixel stuck on red

585160173[/snapback]

are you gonig to go for a 3rd one?

It seems they fixed the backlight issue in the newer models. But they can't do nothing about dead pixels.

are you gonig to go for a 3rd one?

It seems they fixed the backlight issue in the newer models. But they can't do nothing about dead pixels.

585160182[/snapback]

just plugged in my second and it has 2 stuck, one blue, one green, but i can only see them in the blank screen saver screen (barely) and this one doesn't have the backlight issue, so i think i'm going to keep this one.

Can someone let me know the email address for Dell Support. I have the backlighting issue and want to try to get a replacement monitor. I tried to email

support@dell.com

but that address did not work. The email bounced back. Otherwise, I love this monitor!!!

Hi gang,

Just received my 2005 fpw today. I need a question answered though. When you first opened your box from Dell how was the packaging? Was anything already plugged into the monitor? The vga cord was plugged in on mine leading me to question whether or not this is in fact NEW.

I have some backlighting issues and 1 bad pixel for sure. I'm gonna call and get a replacement.

Mitch19: just an FYI, but your questions have been answered several times over and over...

The VGA (D-SUB) cord comes connected, and yes it should be new... (I say should because you never know if they repackaged a returned unit. Its illeagl to do so, but heck some people do that...)

As for the packaging, mine was totally flawless, you could tell it was new due to how it was packaged, mine seemed to get have some TLC put into it...

Also, good luck with the replacement one... Some have been swapping these like hot cakes, heh, till the 4-5th time to get the "perfect" one :) This screen is the best I have seen.. Half Life 2 looks awesome...

hi guys, I originally wanted to get the Viewsonic 201S 20.1" inch (non-widescreen), but after finding out about this, I am thinking about this instead!

But I need a Canadian coupon code!! Or somebody please at least tell me what the price is after applying every possible codes / offers out there?

hi all i'm new to neowin , nice to meet u guys.

howcome nobody is talking about the 2005fpw view angles??? its only have 88 degree of view angles , is it??? and most likely now a days monitors are all at least 160 degrees + ..

even we normally face in front .. but are those panels are phased out stocks ??? :p