Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

Thanks to everybody who posted comments about the 2005fpw they have received I decided to buy one and it arrived today. I posted these comments about mine on another site, but here they are again:

I just setup my 2005FPW about two hours ago. It was money well spent ($559.25 before tax) Have it hooked up via DVI, colors are incredible. I have checked out Doom 3, Half-life 2, and World of Warcraft on it everything looks fantastic except I could not get Doom 3 to use the new res or perspective. Have to figure out what I did wrong. Tried several other resolutions in Half-life 2 just to see how they looked, 1280*1024 was fine, lower really started going downhill though. 2005FPW does support 1:1 pixel though so you can run lower non-native resolutions with bars on sides and/or bottom with no problem. Running 1280*1024 still results in a pretty decent screen size (about 16.5 diag.) that way.

Again, thanks to all, I was having a hard time deciding between the 2005 and the 2001. I made the right choice. Oh yeah, no dead pixels and I can't see any backlight bleeding either (room isn't completely dark yet though)

its only have 88 degree of view angles

that's 88? each direction from dead ahead:pp

though, as with all lcd panels, it looks crap long before you get that far:))

Thanks to everybody who posted comments about the 2005fpw they have received I decided to buy one and it arrived today.  I posted these comments about mine on another site, but here they are again:

I just setup my 2005FPW about two hours ago. It was money well spent ($559.25 before tax) Have it hooked up via DVI, colors are incredible. I have checked out Doom 3, Half-life 2, and World of Warcraft on it everything looks fantastic except I could not get Doom 3 to use the new res or perspective. Have to figure out what I did wrong. Tried several other resolutions in Half-life 2 just to see how they looked, 1280*1024 was fine, lower really started going downhill though. 2005FPW does support 1:1 pixel though so you can run lower non-native resolutions with bars on sides and/or bottom with no problem. Running 1280*1024 still results in a pretty decent screen size (about 16.5 diag.) that way.

Again, thanks to all, I was having a hard time deciding between the 2005 and the 2001.  I made the right choice.  Oh yeah, no dead pixels and I can't see any backlight bleeding either (room isn't completely dark yet though)

585191814[/snapback]

Play HL2 in widescreen.

Hey everyone i'm 15 years old and just ordered this monitor...after reading through all 30-something pacges of this topic i've came out with a few things:

1) THIS MONITOR ROCKS! :D

2) Once i get mine in about a week there may be a few dead pixels or uneven backlighting.

3) Though i most likely will not, if there is any dead pixels i can return it for another (even if i need to go through mounds of hassle, luckily i have a Media Center edition pc from Dell...so i get transfered to the MCE help wich is all-american)

4) it DOES include a DVI cord

5) You must use DVI to get the right quiality

I'm so pumped to get this screen, i ordered it yesterday (12/29/04) and it was 600 something with tax and i got the 25% off and free shipping. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THIS MONITOR! :D:D:D:D:D Lets see...i'll post pics as soon as i get it all set up! PS does anyone know if the 5.1 speakers from dell (the center one) will fit on this panel? Also, anyone know the specs for what kinda graphics cards i can get that Media Center will still support...i think it should be any of the AIW's with the tv tuner. Well...just figured i'd post a lil something since the is the only review on the net for this monitor!

Hey everyone i'm 15 years old and just ordered this monitor...after reading through all 30-something pacges of this topic i've came out with a few things:

1) THIS MONITOR ROCKS!  :D 

2) Once i get mine in about a week there may be a few dead pixels or uneven backlighting.

3) Though i most likely will not, if there is any dead pixels i can return it for another (even if i need to go through mounds of hassle, luckily i have a Media Center edition pc from Dell...so i get transfered to the MCE help wich is all-american)

4) it DOES include a DVI cord

5) You must use DVI to get the right quiality

I'm so pumped to get this screen, i ordered it yesterday (12/29/04) and it was 600 something with tax and i got the 25% off and free shipping.  I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THIS MONITOR! :D:D:D:D:D Lets see...i'll post pics as soon as i get it all set up! PS does anyone know if the 5.1 speakers from dell (the center one) will fit on this panel? Also, anyone know the specs for what kinda graphics cards i can get that Media Center will still support...i think it should be any of the AIW's with the tv tuner. Well...just figured i'd post a lil something since the is the only review on the net for this monitor!

585193828[/snapback]

Please use the default font text settings on neowin. my eyes!!! :pinch:

I just ordered mine last night and hopefully it will ship on Monday. I can't wait. I've seen a few wallpapers in 16:10, are there any websites that offer some?

just got my monitor but i had to use vga instead of dvi connection i have dell 4300 dimension computer nowhere to hook up dvi any answers??? what do i need to get to be able to hook up dvi cable?? what will it cost??

hi all i'm new to neowin , nice to meet u guys.

howcome nobody is talking about the 2005fpw view angles??? its only have 88 degree of view angles , is it??? and most likely now a days monitors are all at least 160 degrees + ..

even we normally face in front .. but are those panels are phased out stocks ??? :p

585191432[/snapback]

:yes:

+-88=88*2=176

ahh i just got my monitor..Everything's good except I think i have backlight leak....

If i exchange it, do I still have to pay for shipping?

Nope, either ups or dhl will schedule a pickup from your house all paid for by dell.

I just got my replacement about 3 days ago, worlds better than the first, however not perfect (slight leakage). Dell is willing to send another, and considering how easy (and free) it was to return the first, why not go for it? :)

just got my monitor but i had to use vga instead of dvi connection i have dell 4300 dimension computer nowhere to hook up dvi any answers??? what do i need to get to be able to hook up dvi cable?? what will it cost??

585201654[/snapback]

it sounds like you're probably using onboard video. you'll have to get a video card, which could be as low as $40.

why not to run at 1600 by 1280, it handles it well, otherwise why to by at all, save money and get 19' then...

585198679[/snapback]

Plus, non-native resolution = interpolation = teh sux0rz.

585201654[/snapback]

You need a new video card that supports DVI; depending on whether you like gaming, it could get pricey.