Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

hmm that kinda sucks but i still want one....

too bad i can't order one in the UK T__T.

:D ZJODEN

EDIT: is it smart to buy one form ebay?

Edited by zjoden

I got it guys.

Its a A00 November one :|

One dead pixel slightly off centre straight away.

I did the blank screen saver in a dark room the bleed is moderate... :(

Damn... Knew it.

Gunna have a play.

^ Cheers bud.

Anyone know my luck?

Well my speakers have just died *Sigh*

My monitor looks so nice. Piccies once I get dressed :wacko:

585285192[/snapback]

Damn your so lucky >_> and that black=milky sounds baaad.... I still want one tough XD. hope you get it fixed soon.

edit: doese anyone have a good coupon for this?

EDIT: and can i buy this from dell small buisiness? and no i dun have a "small buisiness" XD

Edited by zjoden

Can anyone confirm Dell UK Warranty / Support on the Dell 2005FPW?

Is it the same as the Dell USA one? You ring up, say your not happy with the Pixels And Back light bleed, they ship you a new one out - When it comes you pack your old one up to go back with the same Courier?

The back light bleed I think is getting worse and Now have 1 Stuck on Pixel I can see when Black & one Intermittant White pixel.

Edit:

Now a red stuck on Pixel.

Make that 3 Dead Pixels.

Edited by hypoxiaicon

Can anyone confirm Dell UK Warranty / Support on the Dell 2005FPW?

Is it the same as the Dell USA one? You ring up, say your not happy with the Pixels And Back light bleed, they ship you a new one out - When it comes you pack your old one up to go back with the same Courier?

The back light bleed I think is getting worse and Now have 1 Stuck on Pixel I can see when Black & one Intermittant White pixel.

Edit:

Now a red stuck on Pixel.

Make that 3 Dead Pixels.

585285593[/snapback]

O...M...G....... your such an lucky guy O____O

Just received an email from Dell. My monitor is now delayed until NEXT Friday. I ordered it on the 3rd and yet I have another delay. I am thinking someone is trying to tell me I shouldn't get this monitor.

^ Nah.

You should get a brand new Revision A01 or even A02.

585286064[/snapback]

but they didn't fix anything in A01 :huh:

A lot of people still have the backlight bleeding with A01 including me :no:

585285593[/snapback]

Well, in the US you don't necessarily send it back with the same Courier, but Dell always pre pays for the return shipping. My replacement 2001FP came via FedEx and returned via DHL. They also use UPS and Airborne. So any mix of the four really.

I think some of the major backlighting issues are not necessarily flawed monitors, but some video cards, in combination with the monitor's factory settings are causing the monitor to be overrun. The good news is that the fix is painfully obvious and simple that I was surprised I didn't even think about it.

The monitor is extremely bright and sharp out of the box. However, I don't think this brightness setting is correct. I noticed some of the images in my home page that I created with photoshop were washed out and looked black and white where there should have been a hint of sepia. Like most RPTV's that come from the factory with the image setting jacked way up to look good on a bright showroom floor, the same seems to be true of the monitor. To get my images to start to appear the way I created them I lowered the brightness down to a level of 18.

Since most of us are using the DVI input, contrast setting has to be adjusted on the video card. I lowered Contrast to 91 on my video card. YMMV.

Was the image as in your face bright at before? No, but it was much more accurate. Color gradations were more visible and there was a bit more three dimensionality to the image.

Backlighting? I thought mine was pretty severe to begin with. After adjusting, backlighting was barely visible at all. In fact, I would never have even noticed if i wasn't looking for it.

Somehow, I think the only fix that might be coming from the factory are lowered internal service menu settings. I thought I would be sending my monitor back. Now I am completely happy with it. UNless someone can get the service menu codes, I don't feel the need for further tweaking.

I think some of the major backlighting issues are not necessarily flawed monitors, but some video cards, in combination with the monitor's factory settings are causing the monitor to be overrun. The good news is that the fix is painfully obvious and simple that I was surprised I didn't even think about it.

The monitor is extremely bright and sharp out of the box. However, I don't think this brightness setting is correct. I noticed some of the images in my home page that I created with photoshop were washed out and looked black and white where there should have been a hint of sepia. Like most RPTV's that come from the factory with the image setting jacked way up to look good on a bright showroom floor, the same seems to be true of the monitor. To get my images to start to appear the way I created them I lowered the brightness down to a level of 18.

Since most of us are using the DVI input, contrast setting has to be adjusted on the video card. I lowered Contrast to 91 on my video card. YMMV.

Was the image as in your face bright at before? No, but it was much more accurate. Color gradations were more visible and there was a bit more three dimensionality to the image.

Backlighting? I thought mine was pretty severe to begin with. After adjusting, backlighting was barely visible at all. In fact, I would never have even noticed if i wasn't looking for it.

Somehow, I think the only fix that might be coming from the factory are lowered internal service menu settings. I thought I would be sending my monitor back. Now I am completely happy with it. UNless someone can get the service menu codes, I don't feel the need for further tweaking.

585286267[/snapback]

When did you order yours?

Thats what I suspected. Cool. Other people should try this.

585286267[/snapback]

I ordered mine on Thanksgiving day, so it is an older model. I thought the backlighting was pretty bad. Two top corners. I just have the slightest bit in the top right, that I don't notice at all.