Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

o man... i can't wait 2-3 mothes :pinch: ...

not all the monitors are like that right?...

i think i'm just gonna buy one :yes:

:D ZJODEN

ps coupons don't work outside the US right?

Just received an email from Dell.  My monitor is now delayed until NEXT Friday.  I ordered it on the 3rd and yet I have another delay.  I am thinking someone is trying to tell me I shouldn't get this monitor.

585286023[/snapback]

I also ordered my monitor on the third, had it delayed till the 14th, and today received the same email saying that now they expected to ship on the 21st. But, I just checked the status on Dells site, and it says it shipped today. :D

Only down side is that I was gonna call this morning and get upgraded shipping. Ooh well.

Well good news for all you guys. I just got my replacement monitor from Dell. They sent me a brand new monitor.

It's revision A01 and was made in Jan 2005 (my current monitor had backlighting issues and was rev A00 and made in Dec 2004). There are NO backlighting issues and NO dead pixels. I am considering myself very lucky right now. Just thought I'd pass it along.

I just refreshed my order page and it is now in transit to the local carrier. "Delivery Estimate: Friday, January 14, 2005"

I got upgraded next day shipping and also a 50$ coupon on my next order for my "problems".

I just refreshed my order page and it is now in transit to the local carrier.  "Delivery Estimate: Friday, January 14, 2005"

I got upgraded next day shipping and also a 50$ coupon on my next order for my "problems".

585286868[/snapback]

did you have to call dell to get that? i'm delayed also...

I called Dell 3 times over the last two weeks. Once was just to a customer service rep, and the last two times I have spoken to a supervisor.

The first call I got the upgrade to free next day shipping.

The Second call I got nothing but a "I will send your issue to our expidite department".

The Third call he gave me a $50.00 coupon on a future order because of my problems.

I did the what the guy on the previous page said.

Set DVI to 91 in ATi Control Panel (Was 100)

Turned brightness down to 18.

Ran the screensaver.

The backlight bleed is only a tiny, tiny bit less even when brightness is at 0.

Makes VERY LITTLE difference in my case.

I also have 2 Stuck on Pixles and 1-2 Intermittant.

i know u dont want to hear this hypoxiaicon, but you gotta send that thing back for a new one... regardless of backlight problems, there is NOOOOOO excuse for dead pixels, ESPECIALLY from dell. Send it back, call em and make sure your getting a BRAND NEW one... stress it, because ive heard of people paying for new ones and getting refurbished ones when replacing them.

I rang him on his Direct line this afternoon, He was away from his desk.

If I dont get a call back from him tomorrow before 12am I shall ring again and say I have 2 Stuck on Dead Pixels and 2 Intermittant Dead Pixles.

And a moderate back light Bleed.

Apart from, I love the monitor.

I don't mind sending it back, just as long as I am not without a monitor for any length of time.

IE, When the new one arrive's, My goes back with the same Courier or whatever that day & not before.

Edited by hypoxiaicon

i know u dont want to hear this hypoxiaicon, but you gotta send that thing back for a new one... regardless of backlight problems, there is NOOOOOO excuse for dead pixels, ESPECIALLY from dell.  Send it back, call em and make sure your getting a BRAND NEW one... stress it, because ive heard of people paying for new ones and getting refurbished ones when replacing them.

585287978[/snapback]

You only get refurbished ones after you have had the monitor for 21 days.

Well i must have lucked out.

I have one stuck pixel in the lower left that's black. very little bleed from backlight. It may be more i just don't notice it. Compared to my samsung LCD monitors it's a lot less on the bl bleed. I'm not going to fuss over one stuck pixel as it doesn't even bother me. Can't even notice in movies/games and that's what mines used for anyhow.

Either way still a nice monitor despite the problems some seem to be having.

: D

Well i must have lucked out.

I have one stuck pixel in the lower left that's black. very little bleed from backlight. It may be more i just don't notice it. Compared to my samsung LCD monitors it's a lot less on the bl bleed. I'm not going to fuss over one stuck pixel as it doesn't even bother me. Can't even notice in movies/games and that's what mines used for anyhow.

Either way still a nice monitor despite the problems some seem to be having.

: D

585288014[/snapback]

for me 1 black dead pixel is bad coz i only use white themes :p .

but i guese your one of the lucky ones

how are these monitors in terms of image quality as compared to like a normal FST monitor? I have a viewsonic e90fb and i do a lot of imaging and gaming and i cant really afford to deal with ghosting and low resolutions. can these monitors hack it?

Im due to get mine today (hopefully beforei go off to work) after 4 days of calling Fedex and them telling me they have no idea where the monitor is but blamed it on the weather.

for me 1 black dead pixel is bad coz i only use white themes  :p .

but i guese your one of the lucky ones

585288314[/snapback]

I think you're just picky. :p I can hardly even see my dead pixel. I have to look for it...

^ Its so dissapointing.

Your carefull unpacking it and connecting it to the stand, down on... Into XP Desktop, Run a black background (And some others) and find Dead Pixels.

Back light bleading isnt too bad as you dont see it all the time.

Pixels stuck on Certain colours show up 90% Of the time and are anoying.

Crappy pictures sorry... and damn the flash. Wasnt in a picture taking mood, wanted to get it set-up and see if any problems occured as soon as possible.

Im not in proper lighting at the moment, maybe some more tomorrow.

I'll post in 'Post your workstation Photo's'

Not in here with those though.

Compared to a LG L1710S (17 Inch 4:3)

This monitor is 3 Inches wider. But trust me, it seems taller too even though it is not.

Overall I am happy with the monitor, just the dead pixels and back light bleading that letting it down at the moment.

Received my 2nd replacement today (3rd monitor all together). Rev a01, made in january. No backlight issues, no dead/stuck/intermittent pixels through the testing done so far. Finally get to enjoy this monitor!!!

I was trying to get through to talk to somebody about my 2nd replacement. I was also trying to use a coupon for a better discount than what Ipreviously paid. As the time grew near for the coupon to end I had to purchase the monitor to take advantage of the savings... another $40 off my previously paid price. So.. I had them pick up the defective ones and I waited for my new one to arrive. Order was placed on the 5th. My estimated ship date was Jan 14. I received the email saying it shipped the 11th, and it arrived today (Jan 13). Now I have to make sure both of the other monitors get credited.