Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

UPS ****es me off so bad

so does dell

get this, the monitor gets shipped out so it should get here tomorrow afternoon. but, the UPS tracking site says that the shipping has been rescheduled to the 17th. now, not to rip off seinfeld, because i am, i just want to call them up and say "i dont think you understand the concept of overnight delivery. if you did, you would realize that there is no such thing as rescheduling something which arrives the next day."

still hoping that my monitor will be free of dead pixels. i could probably live with backlight bleeding or whatever.

UPS ****es me off so bad

so does dell

get this, the monitor gets shipped out so it should get here tomorrow afternoon.  but, the UPS tracking site says that the shipping has been rescheduled to the 17th.  now, not to rip off seinfeld, because i am, i just want to call them up and say "i dont think you understand the concept of overnight delivery.  if you did, you would realize that there is no such thing as rescheduling something which arrives the next day."

still hoping that my monitor will be free of dead pixels.  i could probably live with backlight bleeding or whatever.

585290914[/snapback]

When did you order yours?

Well, Dell screwed up again. They shipped my order out ground instead of next business day even though my shipping notification email stated "Shipping method: Next Business Day"

I cannot believe this.

Hmmm.

Something I am noticing...

I can like see... Its hard to explain... But imagine finger prints over your screen.... I see that all the time.. But the screen is clean...?

Whats that?

Hmmm.

I can like see... Its hard to explain... But imagine finger prints over your screen.... I see that all the time.. But the screen is clean...?

Whats that?

Hmmm.

Whats that?

585292990[/snapback]

is it like a clear sparkly glaze? I've heard that all 20+ inch lcd's have that.

Something like that... Its like pixelated :wacko:

585293119[/snapback]

Thats sounds strange. Running at native res? What color depth? Do you have the 120dpi setting on?

Hmmm.

Whats that?

585292990[/snapback]

get some sleep? :p

:D ZJODEN

whoohoo .. Mine arrive today

1 monitor has a pixel stuck on green, towards the right of the screen, I cant see it unless I put a whole black screen and spend a few actually lookign for it ..

the other has no stuck pixels

no visible backlight wash, if there is any, I am not bothered for it, so i wont go nuts looking for it either :)

post-2747-1105729776_thumb.jpg

get some sleep? :p

585293734[/snapback]

no he's right theres a layer on the screen to protect it that is much different than my 17" samsungs.

It does look funny if you look into monitor up close.

whoohoo .. Mine arrive today

1 monitor has a pixel stuck on green, towards the right of the screen, I cant see it unless I put a whole black screen and spend a few actually lookign for it ..

the other has no stuck pixels

no visible backlight wash, if there is any, I am not bothered for it, so i wont go nuts looking for it either :)

585293778[/snapback]

o man you got money XD.

gimme some tooooo :p

It has nothing to do with any setting. All 20+ inch LCD monitors have this coating. I have no idea what it is for.

585294171[/snapback]

OK... but anyway it is under advanced display settings. There is a dropdpwn where it is 120 or 96.

Is this something that is annoying? Sacrificing image quality? What displays have you seen in person that do that? Where did you hear about it?

If I ever order one, I don't want some feature to drive me nuts. :)

Well, Dell screwed up again.  They shipped my order out ground instead of next business day even though my shipping notification email stated "Shipping method: Next Business Day"

I cannot believe this.

585292787[/snapback]

I am in the same boat as you. I got all excited when I saw that it had shipped, but then got really ****ed when I when to DHL's site and saw that it was shipped ground. After talking on the phone with Dell for atleast an hour(or it seemed that long) I eventually got 8%($47.94) of my order credited back to me which brought the total down to $551.31. Although I am ****ed that it won't be here until next week, I got $50 back from them. I just hope there won't be any dead pixels I will have to deal with.

I am in the same boat as you. I got all excited when I saw that it had shipped, but then got really ****ed when I when to DHL's site and saw that it was shipped ground. After talking on the phone with Dell for atleast an hour(or it seemed that long) I eventually got 8%($47.94) of my order credited back to me which brought the total down to $551.31. Although I am ****ed that it won't be here until next week, I got $50 back from them. I just hope there won't be any dead pixels I will have to deal with.

585294243[/snapback]

I was on the phone with them this morning for about a half hour. I got a 100$ coupon added to my stack. So far their screwups have cost them 150$ in coupons for me.

I was on the phone with them this morning for about a half hour.  I got a 100$ coupon added to my stack.  So far their screwups have cost them 150$ in coupons for me.

585294258[/snapback]

lol nicely done :p

Finally after almost 2 weeks i got mine just in. It looks like as of right now i have no dead or stuck pixels so i guess the last check is the backlighting but i'll do that after i get back from work.

Hmm, it seems that they put one day shipping for all my purchases even tho I didn't ask them to. Thats pretty cool, so anyways my exchange 2005FPW arrived.

And again, no dead pixels but backlight leaking...sigh more returns for me...here are some pics, hard to see but it's noticeable

Old one

old.jpg

New one

DSC06315.jpg

Both, new on the left, old on the right

DSC06313.jpg

Ive attached two images

1) My Back Light Bleed. Pretty Bad Huh? You can also spot one of the dead pixels if you view full-size.

2) I'm not sure if you can see this, But if you zoom in, you can see the pixels, but can you also see that like grid thing?

Thats what im talking about before when I said its like finger prints all over my monitor.....whats the horrible grid type thing?

Edited by hypoxiaicon