Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

This monitor looks great. I have a 15.4" Dell laptop that has the same resolution, and I like having a lot of space. Great res, and I would think Dell/LG would do the same for their other monitors.

Im not too sure the old revisions like A00 (which is what i have) are all defective.I got a A00 made in December and so far 5 days later of mostly 24 hour a day use i have 1 red stuck pixel and have minimul backlight leakage on the top left.Im going to keep it since i actually had worse backlight leakage on my other 17".

Not all A00 are bad. I have a Dec 2004 A00 w/no dead pixels or backlight issues. My previous Nov 04 one had some backlight problems (but no dead pixels).

Mother****ers!

They tell me According to Industry Standards 4-5 Dead Pixels is Acceptable and the Backlight is normal for this monitor.

Why me?

Im getting a refund if they wont replace it.

What do you guys say to get it replaced?

I was on for 41 Mins and on hold for 23 of them!

Damn moron didnt even know what Back Light Bleed was and told me to rub the Screen to Get rid if of the Dead Pixels, D'uh. tried that.

Seriously... How are you guys getting these replaced? Anyone in the UK?

They are supposed to replace anything you don't like for like 25 days. Tell them to replace it now or you or anyone you know will never buy a Dell product again. Then quote their product back to them. For 600 bucks it better be perfect.

Mother****ers!

They tell me According to Industry Standards 4-5 Dead Pixels is Acceptable and the Backlight is normal for this monitor.

Why me?

Im getting a refund if they wont replace it.

What do you guys say to get it replaced?

I was on for 41 Mins and on hold for 23 of them!

Damn moron didnt even know what Back Light Bleed was and told me to rub the Screen to Get rid if of the Dead Pixels, D'uh. tried that.

Seriously... How are you guys getting these replaced? Anyone in the UK?

585320852[/snapback]

Finally after a 48 Minute conversation (31 mins on hold) I got somewhere and asked them to call me back as the phone call was costing me a fortune.

He did and arranged a replacement!

Finally, he said he will ring back again with a reference number and E-mail me.

Nothing Yet.

*Sigh*

Sucks that you are getting the runaround there. :(

I just said that I thought the blacks were being washed out in the corners and they replaced the one I sent back, no one ever tried to argue.

Good luck!

Finally after a 48 Minute conversation (31 mins on hold) I got somewhere and asked them to call me back as the phone call was costing me a fortune.

He did and arranged a replacement!

Finally, he said he will ring back again with a reference number and E-mail me.

Nothing Yet.

*Sigh*

585321281[/snapback]

So how long is the 0 dead pixel warranty for?? Is it just for the first 25 days?

585321322[/snapback]

According to this Dell UK Manager, 4-5 Dead Pixels is accectable under the Industry Standards.

But I think they failed to Understand I have only had it for 1 week.

--Also, where is Dells Dead Pixels Policy?

Hmmm, I was really tempted by the 2005FPW, but as I read all this, I'm not too sure anymore. How annoying is that backlight bleeding really? I'm concerned about DVD playback in particular. And I hate it when I need to get replacements. Maybe I should get the 2001FP instead?

Mine is one of the first I believe.

Its Novemeber A00 Revision.

The 2 Dead Pixels I can see ALL the time due to them Beging central (One just above the Taskar that I see when using IE or any other application with a status bar - Thats red) an the other is In the middle and slightly off centre (Mainly seen on darker backgrounds)

The bleeding is noticible ALL the time.

For instance, the top left in IE the Blue all the way along is a milky blue (Even in a lit room or daylight)

I wouldnt say the Monitor is bad, Infact its excellent - You just need to get a Perfect one. IE. No Dead Pixels or Backlight Bleeding.

My Advice would be wait another month or so and these problems might be fixed for good ;) (We can hope, eh?)

Sorry, I'm jumping in late but I assume you guys are talking about the problem as described here:

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/bo...scending&page=1

Someone with a PC (and no digital DVI connector) asked me about this monitor or the Apple Cinema Display 20".

Given that the Apple is more than twice the price (in Canada anyway), I recommended the Dell 2005FP. Did I do him a misjustice?

Somewhat offtopic:

I'd also point out that Samsung has a policy of zero dead pixels but that's only for Korea, AFAIK.

I am currently using the newest revision (A01 Manf. January 2005) through a VGA cable with no issues. I will be hooking it up via DVI tonight to see if there is any difference.

So fred I would say if they ordered it in January they should be fine.

Difference between VGA and DVI is amazing. Colors are more crisp and vibrant with DVI. Blacks are super black and whites are almost blinding. Currently I have two computers hooked up via KVM (VGA) and it is so sad that I can't find a decent DVI KVM...

But I think they failed to Understand I have only had it for 1 week.

585321391[/snapback]

Mate, if you've had it less than 7 days, get it sent back and get a refund - don't let them screw you around like this.

On the phone for 1 hour and getting the run around. Being sent from department to department. I don't blame this on Dell per se, but I do blame them for outsourcing their tech support to non-native English speakers. Finally got someone in Customer Support to help me. They are overnighting it to me supposedly, but it was hard to communicate with any of these people.

Im suppose to be getting a replacement in under 15 days.

The support is appaling.

I had to explain 5 times that its NOT A DELL SYSTEM!! Its a Monitor only.

The he told me to wipe my screen to clean the pixels (WTF????????)

Really these guys have no idea.

****es me off so badly you spend ?600 odd quid on a monitor that on the day you get it gets 2 dead pixels and back light bleed is terrible and the support, WHAT SUPPORT? Its a joke.

I tell you, if my 2nd one is crap Im asking for a refund. Im not spending 40 Mins on a peak rate like on hold for 31 mins and explaining my self 5 times over to some guy who fails to understand me.

Its A Joke, I tell you.

Im really beginning to think I shouldnt of bothered.