Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

Just as an idea.

How do I hook up both 2005FPW's if they dont take this one away?

One via DVI, one Via VGA?

What settings in ATi Control Panels should I check/Configure?

585344023[/snapback]

Yea one via DVI and one via VGA. Just connect the 2nd monitor, go into the Display properties, Settings, then select the 2nd monitor from the Displays drop down menu, set the resolution (might not have to), tick "extend my desktop onto this monitor" and press "ok"

^ thats right.  I got 3 atm. 

There supposed to pick the old ones up when the new one arrives or a few days later.  But no one has asked for them.  Even when I been on the phone to Dell they said nothing about it!

585342854[/snapback]

You are supposed to call for pickup. They'll charge you for the monitors if not returned in a timely manner. Hence why they haven' t said anything.

:rolleyes:

I got my replacement.

Started off ok.

Now Have 1 Dead Pixel already & really odd backlighting. Which is probably worse then my other one, just except its in the centre and really bright. (My Brightness is at 60) :angry:

Also.

Returns

Dell will accept returns of software, peripherals and accessories products for any reason within 30 days of invoice date subject to the terms and conditions below. This does not affect customers' statutory rights.

Dell will not refund any original shipping charges associated with returned items, other than for defective merchandise. Dell will arrange for the collection of the goods to be returned and arrange for the delivery of the replacement products if any.

So, why do we have to arrange collection?

That states they do?

Edited by Hypoxiaicon

I'm curious if this thread is really an indication of how bad these monitors are or if it's a case of just those who are having problems that are taking the time to respond. It seems if Dell was replacing just about everyone's monitor 2 or 3 times there'd be some recalls of some sort.

Well.

I've took a few pictures of mine.

Id say, dont bother with this monitor. I wish I never had.

It MIGHT be good, but chances of getting a NORMAL one is Impossible.

Oh yey, lucky me. Back to talking to the Idiots at Dell again!

Edited by Hypoxiaicon

Was the same here for a bit, until they mailed me invoices for the full retail price. :)

^ thats right.  I got 3 atm. 

There supposed to pick the old ones up when the new one arrives or a few days later.  But no one has asked for them.  Even when I been on the phone to Dell they said nothing about it!

585342854[/snapback]

btw, Dell is supposed to put return info IN THE BOX with the replacement, but they never have for me. On top of it, if you don't send the one back, they will eventually bill you. So, you'll have to call Dell and pray the person you talk to has a clue, and get a return setup. I never had to pay for the eventual return at least.

Well.

I've took a few pictures of mine.

Id say, dont bother with this monitor. I wish I never had.

It MIGHT be good, but chances of getting a NORMAL one is Impossible.

Oh yey, lucky me. Back to talking to the Idiots at Dell again!

585347671[/snapback]

I received mine a week or so ago and everything looks good. I had one stuck pixel and NO back light issue even at 100 brightness.

The one I received was also the rev. A01 model manufactured in January.

I think the ones made before January are the ones plagued with these issues.

I also was able to set my monitors brightness and contrast setting with the MCE 20054 setup wizard. It makes it quite easy to set your monitor t the proper brightness and contrast.

On the monitor im adjusting Brightness.

It makes no difference whether its at 0 or 100 though ;)

The VGA one (Right) looks ok and has very minimal Backlight bleeding (Which is odd, it was terrible last night) & is also brighter then the one of the left (DVI - Replacement A01)

Could just be because of VGA & DVI.

With the monitor attached to DVI your brightness controls on the monitor will do NO good. You need to adjust your brightness/contrast/color settings with the video card, usually under Display Properties -> Settings -> Advanced.

or maybe just a couple of bad monitors which people have been vocal about. Seriously, i doubt anyone with a good working monitor from dell even looks at this thread. Lets get a shout out from anyone out there with a nice working dell 2004/5 fp,

++

That is typically how problems go. :) You rarely here the people w/out problems, but the ones with them are usually vocal.

I did have 1 bad one though, but my current is lovely.

Someone mentioned brightness not doing anything, but it did, just not near as much as adjusting the properties via the video card. Also, maybe try a monitor calibration tool like this one: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3410.html

But, the option for the contrast adjustment obviously won't help us much on DVI unless you want to adjust at the OS level and re-rerun the program again.

or maybe just a couple of bad monitors which people have been vocal about.  Seriously, i doubt anyone with a good working monitor from dell even looks at this thread.  Lets get a shout out from anyone out there with a nice working dell 2004/5 fp,

585350191[/snapback]

^ Im going try for a 3rd one.

If its still got problems im getting a refund.

Wont be able to get 20 Inche for the price I got mine at (?480.57)

Dell Should recall ALL 2005FPW's

There should NOT be any questions when you ring Support... They should amit a problem and ask would you like a replacement or refund. So god knows why we are left on hold (They half the call price -- Thats why its a 0870 Number)

Dell SUCK.

I knew the PC's sucked. I thought their monitors where one of the best.

Hmm well. Im ****ed off.

^ Im going try for a 3rd one.

If its still got problems im getting a refund.

Wont be able to get 20 Inche for the price I got mine at (?480.57)

Dell Should recall ALL 2005FPW's

There should NOT be any questions when you ring Support... They should amit a problem and ask would you like a replacement or refund. So god knows why we are left on hold (They half the call price -- Thats why its a 0870 Number)

Dell SUCK.

I knew the PC's sucked. I thought their monitors where one of the best.

Hmm well. Im ****ed off.

585350495[/snapback]

I can steal the one my friend has:rofl:: . No problems at all

My Boot screen shows... Always has.

I really don't know what to suggest.

Does it show the boot screen on a Restart?

If yes, then it might be by the time the Monitor has powered on (Anyone else notice the Genesis thing on a Cold boot of the monitor??) your Boot screen has already gone. Just a guess though.

or maybe just a couple of bad monitors which people have been vocal about.  Seriously, i doubt anyone with a good working monitor from dell even looks at this thread.  Lets get a shout out from anyone out there with a nice working dell 2004/5 fp,

585350191[/snapback]

Consider this my shout out .

I have one stuck pixel that shows up only on creme colors otherwise its un-noticeable and it's way out of average viewing area too.

Revision A00 here too

: )

If yes, then it might be by the time the Monitor has powered on (Anyone else notice the Genesis thing on a Cold boot of the monitor??) your Boot screen has already gone. Just a guess though.

585351562[/snapback]

I agree sounds like that's the probable case.. could try holding / pressing setup button for bios as it boots to see if you can get into it, If you can then thats probably the problem.