Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

hey guys, i'm really interested to buy this monitor if I can get a deal like everyone is talking about in this thread. can someone tell me what deal or coupon code is out now that i can use? It seems like no one has gotten deals recently... :( did i miss out?

if u guys want a error free one im selling one for 550+shipping :) its rev01 check the neobay thread includes pics/video

585382253[/snapback]

550+shipping for brand new rev01 pm me if ur serious bout buying.. the dell deals are over with :p

585387173[/snapback]

We have a Neobay section so that members don't SPAM the forums trying to advertise their wares.

what do u all think...

should i wait for a coupon or buy as soon as possible? my crt monitor (i think 15in. or 17 in.) i'm using is getting bad. all the buttons on the front don't work! it's a gateway evf720 from a couple years ago. lol i can't change my screen size if anything was to get messed up! also i have bad eye strain. :blink: i just ordered my glasses prescription the other day.

hmmm... :unsure:

what do u all think...

should i wait for a coupon or buy as soon as possible? my crt monitor (i think 15in. or 17 in.) i'm using is getting bad. all the buttons on the front don't work! it's a gateway evf720 from a couple years ago. lol i can't change my screen size if anything was to get messed up! also i have bad eye strain. :blink: i just ordered my glasses prescription the other day.

hmmm...  :unsure:

585387221[/snapback]

I think I'd wait on the 2005FPs for a bit longer. The price is good (compared to Apple) but they might need another revision to get it quite right.

I would also wait. I received my monitor and everything was perfect (one stuck pixel that was rubbed out but no backlight issue) for the first week or so, but last night while playing with my system and restarting it I noticed some backlight issues.

I am calling dell to get a replacement and another 50$ coupon thrown onto my account.

Can somebody or all you guys tell me how the backlight issue is for the european models? Since I live in the Netherlands I'm curious to see how it holds up against the terrible American user review as seen on hardforum.com.

So is it that terrible and should I go for a Apple cinema display 20" or can I spare me the ? 300,- ....

Europe, counting the UK?

Exact same Problems.

Im on to my 3rd Monitor now. I hope this one is better.

Id wait... they ARE good monitors, you just want one with no bleeding and dead pixels, which hard to come by at the moment.

Could it be that rough shipping causes the backlights issue? Maybe they aren't packed well. I don't know as I don't own one. I seen some screenshots and the box looks really cheap. ;)

GRrr, i played several DVDS on powerdvd trial and media player classic, and when i maximized them to full screen (so the sides of the picture are touching left and right borders of monitor) it got all fuzzy and lines were being streaked across the image! Im running 1680x1050, does anyone else have this problem? Weird thing is, when i shrink the whole image by about 1 inch in media player classic the lines GO AWAY completely... this really ticks me off, ive seen pictures of people doing fullscreen, why cant i? :\

I don't think it's the pakaging. Rather the essembly of the whole display. I've read on prad.de that somebody opened the housing of the monitor and released some screws witch hold the tft bare frame into the plastic frame. It was assembled to tight witch allowed the leakage to be present. After adjusting the screws there was less leakage.

Has anybody dared to do the same??

Still I think I prefer the Apple cinema display. I just don't want to get caught up in Dell's customer care ... sh*t....

GRrr, i played several DVDS on powerdvd trial and media player classic, and when i maximized them to full screen (so the sides of the picture are touching left and right borders of monitor) it got all fuzzy and lines were being streaked across the image! Im running 1680x1050, does anyone else have this problem? Weird thing is, when i shrink the whole image by about 1 inch in media player classic the lines GO AWAY completely... this really ticks me off, ive seen pictures of people doing fullscreen, why cant i? :\

585393473[/snapback]

DVI or VGA Connection?

I wouldn't be surprised. There are a lot of people that don't know what a dead pixel or backlight leakage is and they are the ones that are going to get screwed just becuase the price is low.

Man, They are all on sale. Whats happening?  They trying to clean out all the returned defective ones?

585410181[/snapback]

Dell has sales on everything all the time. A few weeks ago the 2001FP was on sale for $200.00 off. Does that mean they are having backlight issues also? No.

Dell has sales on everything all the time.  A few weeks ago the 2001FP was on sale for $200.00 off.  Does that mean they are having backlight issues also?  No.

585410354[/snapback]

The 2001fp is also $550

They haven't had a sale on LCDs like this in a while (Without codes)... I was saying the 2001 was also on sale. Its also 550.

I was sort of joking about the defects...... sort of. :)

I'm tempted to buy one. :) But I can't spend that kind of money on this kind of thing. :)

This thread helps keep me form buying one. :)