Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

Reasons why the 2005FPW owns the 2001FP.

No Widescreen Vs. Widescreen

400:1 Contrast Vs. 600:1 Contrast

16 ms response Vs. 12 ms response

Owned. :devil:

I ordered the 2005FPW. It says that it should ship within 24 hours under the product, but now it says it is shipping friday! In the order it has "CUST" in it, would that mean it is custom? I want my monitor!! :p

Anyone here got a new batch of the 2005FPW? Does it still have the light bleeding issue? After reading all of this, I really want to get rid of my Viewsonic VX910 for that, lol!

585419131[/snapback]

Yes, I the January revision have no problems, as of yet.

585419801[/snapback]

I also have the January version and I have VERY VERY little backlight bleed but it is not noticeable unless your looking for it.

one of my monitors have back light leakage.. i never ever noticed it until i purchased a second one, bruaght it home myself, and it was absolutely perfect. when i had my first one SHIPPED, it had backlight... sucks but i dont really notice it

:blink:

My Jan 05 UK was worse then my Nov 04.

Infact, Dell have collected the replacement and are sorting me for a 3rd replacement... so that state of:-

Is not true as per se.

Just ordered mine.. And I'm looking forward to this.. I allready have a Dell E172FP. This is going to kick ass... Jahuu.. Christmas in february!

This is what I have now :

Contrast ratio: 400 : 1 typical

Response time: 25ms

And I must say that I am satisfied with this one too..

:blink:

My Jan 05 UK was worse then my Nov 04.

Infact, Dell have collected the replacement and are sorting me for a 3rd replacement... so that state of:-

Is not true as per se.

585420399[/snapback]

The UK is a different story.

Damn it, this really sucks! I really want a widescreen monitor, but what I'm seeing with the current batch of 2005FPW is scaring me!

585420765[/snapback]

The US version of the monitor is good with this revision. But, think about it. Dell has a big sale now. If you wait you will miss it.

If you wait till they have a "good" batch, you will miss the sale and won't get your monitor as soon. It wouldn't hurt to buy the monitor now, and if it's bad, you can keep on returning it untill you get a new one. This way you get your monitor sooner, and you get the sale price. So, there should be no reason to get scared or wait, you arn't going to gain anything by waiting. Actually, it is kind of silly using the reasoning that you are waiting for a new batch....Dell isn't going to have another in a while, you might as well buy a monitor and take your chances till you get a good one.

when they say To optimize this monitor's performance, your system must be able to support WSXGA+ resolution (1680 x 1050). what does that mean? i have a radeon 9600 se. will i be fine?

584958242[/snapback]

Thanks for the review. It kinda changed my mind as well. But I think for now, I will stick with my dual 19" CRT.

I think knocking off points for the packaging is trivial. After all if you had wanted a great box and packaging you could have done a lot better than Dell. Thought you knew.

Also that isnt what makes then cheaper than most of the competition. It's the volume at which they sell.

My two cents

when they say To optimize this monitor's performance, your system must be able to support WSXGA+ resolution (1680 x 1050). what does that mean? i have a radeon 9600 se. will i be fine?

585429547[/snapback]

It means that you get the best picture at that resolution. Your Radeon 9600SE will be able to display that resolution just fine.

hey, i just bought one i think it was 600 shipped.. something around that.. it was 550 with 200 discount and plus shipping and taxes.. i only have an old GeForce 2 MX/MX400... i dont know if i really have to upgrade and if i do i am not sure what to upgrade to.. i was looking at the 6600gt and the 9800pro, 9700pro, and 9600pro.. what do you guys think? i want 200 or below really. i am a gamer but not hardcore thanks!

Can someone who has this monitor answer a quick question for me about the Picture-In-Picture function? Do you know if it works for viewing DVI and VGA in that mode?

I have it hooked up to two computers at the same time and the P-I-P function will not give me the option to display VGA and DVI together. It only allows me to choose to have VGA with S-video or Composite or DVI with S-Video or Composite. I however want to be able to display both computer pictures on the screen every once in awhile and it will not let me access that option. Does anyone know if this is normal?

Thanks,

Tom

Can someone who has this monitor answer a quick question for me about the Picture-In-Picture function? Do you know if it works for viewing DVI and VGA in that mode?

Tom

585434614[/snapback]

PiP only comes with the option to display from S-Video or Composite.

hey, i just bought one i think it was 600 shipped.. something around that.. it was 550 with 200 discount and plus shipping and taxes.. i only have an old GeForce 2 MX/MX400... i dont know if i really have to upgrade and if i do i am not sure what to upgrade to.. i was looking at the 6600gt and the 9800pro, 9700pro, and 9600pro.. what do you guys think? i want 200 or below really. i am a gamer but not hardcore thanks!

585430740[/snapback]

6600GT (Y)

It means that you get the best picture at that resolution. Your Radeon 9600SE will be able to display that resolution just fine.

585429754[/snapback]

o ok thanks thats what I thought. :happy:

PiP only comes with the option to display from S-Video or Composite.

585434689[/snapback]

Thanks, The instructions are confusing, because in there it states choose your PIP option and it lists all four video inputs--D-Sub aka VGA, then DVI, then Composite and then S-Video. But when you go to that spot in the options screen you only have Composite or S-Video as your choice, the others are grayed out. So I wanted to confirm this was correct with someone who already has this monitor and tried the PIP functions.

Thanks Again

Tom

I should be getting it today anytime. It should have actually come already but that is ok. Anyway, I still have a few questions. and ill answer any when i get it.. you can im me via aim on 'jpac' thanks!

i just got it a little bit ago. i am so lucky! every single thing is perfect. there are no dead pixels, no backlight bleeding or anything.. im even on a vga connection! wow i love this monitor. haha i have a geforce2 mx/mx400 on a vga connection and i still love it