Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

Hypoxiaicon, sounds like you got them trained well now. Are you on a first name basis yet?  :rofl:

585464830[/snapback]

LoL....

Maybe lucky I guess. No calls yet though.

Bleed is annoying at times.

And I will post pics!

Keep forgetting :pinch:

What does backlight bleeding vs no bleeding look like? BTW, I have 1 dead pixel :(

585472921[/snapback]

With backlight bleed, blacks go a milky white colour.

Its hard to explain.

Click the link below

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=...=post&id=107617

The one on the left has terrible back light bleed, the one on the right has very small amount.

It's an exorbitant price right now ($750 and the coupons out there don't apply to the 2005FPW).

Does anyone know of a sub-$570 price out there? I really, really want this LCD but I certainly can't pay retail. They have a 10% coupon running in home and office but it's not enough.

Anyone know of $550, like what was out there before?

It's an exorbitant price right now ($750 and the coupons out there don't apply to the 2005FPW).

Does anyone know of a sub-$570 price out there? I really, really want this LCD but I certainly can't pay retail. They have a 10% coupon running in home and office but it's not enough.

Anyone know of $550, like what was out there before?

585479720[/snapback]

Just be patient, the sale will come back especially after the release of the 2405fpw.

Damn you Americans, you always get Vouchers off.

If something sells for $500 USD you expect it in the UK for ?265 Ish.

But no, it does not work like that!

It if sells for $500 USD it sells for ?500!

Damn annoying.

Also, The 240SHOULDi> one hell of a better monitor in all aspects compared to the 2005FPW.

I still don't have a decent 2005FPW after 2 months and 3 Different Monitors (Nov 04, Jan 05 & Feb 05)

Ive heard rumours thats its going to sell for $1,200 (Ish) USD.... Take a guess how much in UK Pounds....

The 2005FPW is under ?500 (?472) now, which is good. Just hope the 2405 is not ?1,000 -- Because there is no way I could buy one, even if Dell let me pay the difference for the upgrade.

Edited by Hypoxiaicon

For all you still wanting a 2005FPW, Dell Home has the 2005FPW (and even the 2001FP) for $506.

Apply coupons:

25% off 40F961WD2MTG0K

&

$55 off 14?J2KVM?N8J21

585489280[/snapback]

Must not buy.... remember backlight not good... must resist. If I keep waiting maybe it will get down to around 300. :)

Damn you Americans, you always get Vouchers off.

If something sells for $500 USD you expect it in the UK for ?265 Ish.

But no, it does not work like that!

It if sells for $500 USD it sells for ?500!

Damn annoying.

585489775[/snapback]

why is this a bad thing?:p:p

I do think that they have to ship it over, dunno if there are any dell manufacturers in the UK.

For all you still wanting a 2005FPW, Dell Home has the 2005FPW (and even the 2001FP) for $506.

Apply coupons:

25% off 40F961WD2MTG0K

&

$55 off 14?J2KVM?N8J21

585489280[/snapback]

Tempting.

I'm planning on getting this monitor in May for a new system that my partner will be primarily using. With this cheap of a deal, it's tempting just to get it now. Thing is the computer it'll be used on won't be built until May and I don't want to use it myself in fear of getting too used to widescreen and not want to go back to my normal monitor.

So... I'm faced with a delima. Get it now at the cheap price, only to have it sit unused for 3 months or just wait and hope the price is this cheap again.

For those who have been tracking the price over the past few months, do you think its likely this deal will come again?

Get a NEC, I have 2 17in NEC LCD1760NX. No bleeding at all, superb backlight. 1yr operation with no dead pixels.

The 21in models have great response time also.

Save the hassle.

Get a NEC, I have 2 17in NEC LCD1760NX. No bleeding at all, superb backlight. 1yr operation with no dead pixels.

The 21in models have great response time also.

Save the hassle.

585490156[/snapback]

I love my 2005FPW. It took them a while to ship but after I got it it was worth the wait especially for the price difference.

I'm in an odd position.

I have a P4M laptop that does me fine for everything I want to do. It's got a GeForce Go700 in it (156 VRAM) and that plays non-crazy games alright. Even HL2 is tolerable. In fact, I just sold my desktop and monitor and now have only a laptop.

Now I really, really want to build a new machine but have no reason to. I guess I could play games, but I want to build it more for the fun of building it.

So now I can get the monitor of my dreams for $550. I could pick it up and then piece together my new computer as the sales run and prices drop, or I could just wait another 6 months until I actually NEED a new PC and build it all then.

The question is, is this deal ($550 shipped) on the 2005FPW too good to pass up, or should I hold off (will it drop any lower? I'm already using two stacked coupons)?

It will very likely get to this price again in the future and probably in 6 months have a lower sales price. It has been in the 500 range at least once a month since Dec.

I'm in an odd position.

I have a P4M laptop that does me fine for everything I want to do. It's got a GeForce Go700 in it (156 VRAM) and that plays non-crazy games alright. Even HL2 is tolerable. In fact, I just sold my desktop and monitor and now have only a laptop.

Now I really, really want to build a new machine but have no reason to. I guess I could play games, but I want to build it more for the fun of building it.

So now I can get the monitor of my dreams for $550. I could pick it up and then piece together my new computer as the sales run and prices drop, or I could just wait another 6 months until I actually NEED a new PC and build it all then.

The question is, is this deal ($550 shipped) on the 2005FPW too good to pass up, or should I hold off (will it drop any lower? I'm already using two stacked coupons)?

585491879[/snapback]

You may find out in 6 months the price is a lot lower than 550, or in fact it may sell for that much without any discounts. The 2405FPW is coming, that may help drive down the prices of the other Dell Monitors that are also availible.