Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

You may find out in 6 months the price is a lot lower than 550, or in fact it may sell for that much without any discounts. The 2405FPW is coming, that may help drive down the prices of the other Dell Monitors that are also availible.

585493962[/snapback]

its pretty unlikely that dell will be able to turn a profit if the price goes any lower than 550. additionally, the 2405fpw is in a higher price bracket... its not like people are going to buy as much as the 2005fpw. if the 2405fpw and 2005fpw were the same size, then maybe you would see the 2005fpw go down in price.

Thats a nice monitor, ive got the Dell 1901FP Monitor, and its also good. Anyways its big enough for me, although a bigger one would be nice... :p

P.S. What Skin (Visual Style) are u using, reloaded2003? :D

Just received the package moments ago. The monitor looks amazing and one thing i noticed that it is bigger than it looks on the pictures i've seen, so that definately put a smile on my face. Now bad news for me, my pc has been down for about a month with motherboard problems, i should be getting it back from repairs hopefully either at the end of this week or beginning of next, untel then im stuck admiring this monitor and drooling all over it. :(

Question... would this monitor work with an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro and ATI Radeon X700?

According to ATI's website and technical support, none of their video cards support the 1680x1050 resolution.

Mine looks better than the right, but has a semi gloss if you look at it a weird angle. Should I RMA?

585473120[/snapback]

Not unless it irritating all CLDs will bleed somewhat (espcially on wierd angels) if it looks fine on black screen head on ur ok. Ule prob just geta wrose one.

I just ordered my 2005fpw from dell and it shipped out this morning and says in transit to local carrier. I was wondering if dell ships everything from Austin, TX or if they have warehouses in other locations. I live an hour away in San Antonio and that would mean it would hopefully arrive tommorow.

I just ordered my 2005fpw from dell and it shipped out this morning and says in transit to local carrier.  I was wondering if dell ships everything from Austin, TX or if they have warehouses in other locations.  I live an hour away in San Antonio and that would mean it would hopefully arrive tommorow.

585548496[/snapback]

They have many other warehouses and will ship from the closest one that has the item.

What kind of quality do these things have when playing High Definition video through the computer as compared to LCD HDTVs like the small 17" that DELL sells (1080i)? I would assume it is 480p, but I do not know anything about LCDs.

I am more interested in using this for use in a business (unless my grandson gets hold of it!!)

How does the widescreen deal with word documents , is the whole of the document stretched across the screen or does it occupy only a part and is framed by black bars?

If it is stretched does this distort the letters?

I am wondering whether to purchase the 2001, 2005 or 2405? and any help would be appreciated.

Nigel

I don't have one but I can answer your question. If you have the word doc maximized your will have the print layout the same as it usually is. There will just be more background on either side. What you could do is rotate in portrait mode and display more of the doc. Also you could have two docs side by side.

I am more interested in using this for use in a business (unless my grandson gets hold of it!!) 

How does the widescreen deal with word documents , is the whole of the document stretched across the screen or does it occupy only a part and is framed by black bars?

I am wondering whether to purchase the 2001, 2005 or 2405?  and any help would be appreciated.

Nigel

585557023[/snapback]

There is no stretching. It wont be different than on any other monitor you've used in this respect. No black bars, that sort of thing only happens if you're doing something like a 3D game at a non-native resolution and have the settings set to 1:1.

You can also rotate the monitor vertically and see TONS of text in word if you want. :)

Cassie

I am wondering whether to purchase the 2001, 2005 or 2405?  and any help would be appreciated.

Nigel

585557023[/snapback]