Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

Hope this helps...

585560387[/snapback]

could you please do us all a huge favour? please?

please take a picture of the 2005fpw with a peice of paper (8.5x11)on it.

thanks.

this monitor is fo shizzle.....absolutely loving it after using it for two days now,i was worried about dead pixels at first but luckily for me i got no dead pixels. I stopped watching tv shows on TV and instead watch them on this monitor.

could you please do us all a huge favour?  please?

please take a picture of the 2005fpw with a peice of paper (8.5x11)on it.

thanks.

585560640[/snapback]

I only have A4 (210mmx297mm)

How'd you get it for 485?

585560665[/snapback]

Actually $487

20" 2005FPW Widescreen LCD Flat Panel: $749 - auto 25% off sale - $75 off $550 code ?LBP9VN9BDDFT2 = $487 shipped

I'm looking to purchase the 20 inch widescreen one, 2005fp, apparently its not the FPW on the canadian website. But I don't believe the US savings coupons work for canadians, does anyone know of any promotions going on for the canadian version of this monitor? It's $969 when not on sale and thats just scary :(

I am more interested in using this for use in a business (unless my grandson gets hold of it!!) 

How does the widescreen deal with word documents , is the whole of the document stretched across the screen or does it occupy only a part and is framed by black bars?

If it is stretched does this distort the letters?

I am wondering whether to purchase the 2001, 2005 or 2405?  and any help would be appreciated.

Nigel

585557023[/snapback]

I just wanted to thank all of you who kindly replied to the above post. Your comments have been most helpful

Nigel

I note from the specifications of my geforce 6800Gt card that it only supports resolutions 2048 x 1536 @ 85Hz (presumably for Crt's) and flat Panel displays upto 1600 x 1200. if this is correct then this Graphics card is unsuitable for this monitor.

Has anybody any comments??

As I have the Asus SLI board -do I need two cards for the 2005FPW

Many thanks in advance again for any help.

Nigel

youre tellin me... california is murder with 8.25

585562030[/snapback]

We have 9.25 I believe. :no: Might be 9.5 - 9.75. I can't remember.

9.25 randy.

585564403[/snapback]

Yeah and if I remember right I think its the local sales tax that varies by county. I couldn't remember the state base.

I note from the specifications of my geforce 6800Gt card that it only supports resolutions 2048 x 1536 @ 85Hz (presumably for Crt's) and flat Panel displays upto 1600 x 1200. if this is correct then this Graphics card is unsuitable for this monitor.

Nigel

585563456[/snapback]

Don't worry, wide-screen resolutions are rarely quoted but almost always supported on newer cards.

I have a BFG 6800OC. It drives 1680x1050 just fine.

The only thing is SLI doesn't work over a DVI connection, so if you want to do SLI games, you'll need to plug it in via VGA (at least this is what I heard, I could be wrong...I hope I am).

Nigel

585563456[/snapback]

wow they sent me a refurb for exchange and it's still broken.

Now on my 5th monitor with all backlight problems. Really don't want to keep wasting my time exchanging, seeing that they won't even let me exchange anymore. Dell needs to do some better testing or something. This is ****ing me off. Can't exchange, can't return, wtf did I waste my money for? A messed up monitor?

On sale for 25% off. @ dell (USA)

$561.75

585596741[/snapback]

Actually, you can get it for $486.75 again if you use the coupon JL6MK$330H9ZT4. Gotta love Dell coupons!

man you guys are so lucky , in india hardware is so expensive & outdated , i just purchased a sony s74 17" LCD monitor w/o speakers for abt 485$ , i could have got one of those babies if i were livin in USA .

DAMN