Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

YAY! My 8th monitor with backlight problems!!!

Dell is ****ing me off. And I love how they sent me another REFURB when I told them specifically to send a new one. Good thing to spend my money for a new monitor, waste hours everytime a new monitor comes (setting up another exchange, unpacking, setting up, packing again, contacting shipper, waiting for UPS), and get sent a used/defective monitor with more problems and nothing else in return (except for my waste of time and effort).

You gotta love Dell

How severe are your backlight problems? I have some but mostly its the viewing angle pinkish hue thats the worse... and thats really not a major issue.

What revision do you have and do you have some good pictures for us to view?

Order The 2001FP or 2005FPW for $501.75!! (Home/Home Office Section)

Use these two coupons in the dell checkout!

ZLXBLQZZPZLXM$ (25 % off)

CTK?G6$011KT2P (60.00 off stackable!)

Total Price with FREE SHIPPING $501.75

Lowest Price Everrrrrr! :cool:

Limited time offers beginning 3/26/05 8:00am CST, Expires 3/28/05 at 5:59am CST or after first 3000 uses, whichever comes first ONLINE ONLY

Does anyone know if the Radeon 9600xt will run this monitor at its native resolution?

585677614[/snapback]

Indeed it will, just do not expect any specatular FPS unless you tone down the details some. :)

thanks, this is good to know. i'm not a heavy gamer so it shouldn't bother me. i don't think i need an amazing fps rate for tiger woods 2005 pga tour. :p

thanks, this is good to know. i'm not a heavy gamer so it shouldn't bother me. i don't think i need an amazing fps rate for tiger woods 2005 pga tour. :p

585677841[/snapback]

Haha, this is true. :) You will be set to go for desktop usage with the monitor then with your video card, go for it!

Greets! I just registered to post this...

I've read ALL 1239 posts in this thread while waiting for my 2005FP to come and I was quite afraid of getting a lemon after reading everyone's problems with dead pixels and backlight leakage... But I am happy to assure potential owners that I got a flawless panel! :jump:

I got one that was made in March 2005 (Week 9) Revision A01 from Mexico. Zero dead pixels after 3 days (roughly 20 hours "on" time)... Backlight leakage is only a tiny splotch about 1" x 2" near the top right corner, hopefully rubbing it would help.

A review and pictures will come soon!

Thanks to everyone who posted here at Neowin about the 2005FP. Been very informative for my purchase! :D

..pye

i love this lcd. i purchased mine during the 10 days of deal.

looks awesome next to my logitech z-5500 :D

however, one quick question. i noticed that i sometimes have the display "blank out" for a second. might be my kvm switch. im using the vga connector and my card is a 9700 pro.

has anyone else experienced the same thing?

Got mine yesterday. Ordered it on the 26th and got it on the 29th. :) It's a revision A01, no dead pixels, and a tiny bit of bleeding in the corners. This thing is bright. BRIGHT! I'm looking over at the 19" CRT and I can't believe how big that thing is compared to this. So much more desktop space. It's funny when you get something like this it makes you want to clean up your entire desk area. It's spotless. :)

I got offer to buy this monitor from someone, he explained that I pay money to his account and he will send me a link to get this monitor for free. Does anyone know what this is? To me it sounds little weird.

All you are paying for is information that could possibly get you the monitor for free, there's tons of those on eBay, they do require effort on your part and if they actually work, I don't know.

I got offer to buy this monitor from someone, he explained that I pay money to his account and he will send me a link to get this monitor for free. Does anyone know what this is? To me it sounds little weird.

585697406[/snapback]

Please don't be stupid, do you really think that you're going to get a free monitor without a catch?

It's probably another freeipods-type thing.

FYI, freeipods is actually a godsend right now... I'm helping a friend whose ipod got stolen get a new one...

Just got mine today could not be happier with it love this thing But with dell's new 24inch out now I think I might upgrade real soon.........and I think I might upgrade the stand to something more slick that way I can have the extra space under the monitor

SEE THIS ONE

imag00352at.jpg

damn thats a sweet lookin setup

but if you want the 2405fpw, return your 2005fpw. The 2405fpw can be bought for $860, if you bought the 2005fpw $500, then for $360 youre getting FOUR more inches, thats $90 per inch! Thats not including the way better screen/backlight quality, built in flash card reader,and component cables.