Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

incredible.

ordered it on 8th apr. and slipped from 18th to 22nd to 26th to 30th...

and now there's just the date of my order but.. no shipping date? it's just not there.. it disappeared mysteriously.

anyone knows what's going on?

585834474[/snapback]

OK now that is just plain weird I ordered mine last Thursday April 22nd, and mine arrived today. Is 100% brand new manufactured in March '05

incredible.

ordered it on 8th apr. and slipped from 18th to 22nd to 26th to 30th...

and now there's just the date of my order but.. no shipping date? it's just not there.. it disappeared mysteriously.

anyone knows what's going on?

585834474[/snapback]

i am the same, ordered mine on the 6th and still aint got it yet :(

as i said in an earlyer post i phoned dell, and the lady said they were out of pards at the manufacturing place, so she recons the 5th of may :/

i'm from spain, you from uk you said?

so on 5th we'll have it or what

585837280[/snapback]

i ordered mine from Dell in Sweden 11th april,

estimated shipping date says 3rd may

I wonder why they say 5-7 business days on the orderpage :(

Any people as of late havnig issues with em?

585829071[/snapback]

i received mine (within a week from ordering) about 5 months ago and the only issue i have is that i think i have 2 dead pixels. no backlight issues or anything else and i still think it was worth it despite the pixel problem. i don't assume there's any way to solve this is there?

mmmmm i got mine today, its so beautiful

i got it at an absolute bargain, 235 uk pounds and why because it had no box

stupid aria

happy me :-D

picture quality and colour definition is nothing short of excellent

colours look so much crisper than my old 19 inch crt.

ARGH I have to move my head to pan the screen :p

i'm really interested in this monitor, but when looking at the dell site it says:

"To optimize this monitor's performance, your system must be able to support WSXGA+ resolution (1680 x 1050)."

my video card only has VGA. will buying this monitor not be worth it, or is it still a good monitor without a digital input!? I'm a graphic designer and im usually pretty picky when it comes to displays.

also, does digital allow for higher resolution, or is it just better quality?

thanks for reading

dave

i'm really interested in this monitor, but when looking at the dell site it says:

"To optimize this monitor's performance, your system must be able to support WSXGA+ resolution (1680 x 1050)."

my video card only has VGA.  will buying this monitor not be worth it, or is it still a good monitor without a digital input!?  I'm a graphic designer and im usually pretty picky when it comes to displays.

also, does digital allow for higher resolution, or is it just better quality?

thanks for reading

dave

585840039[/snapback]

itll still run at 1600 x 1050, just make sure before you plug it in you change your refresh rate to below 75hz otherwise it wont detect it.

i cant really notice any diff between vga and dvi and ive tried both on this little mac mini

Any people as of late havnig issues with em?

585829071[/snapback]

I just got mine in on Friday of last week, and no backlighting issues or dead/stuck pixels as of yet.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY'RE GOING TO BE ANYMORE COUPONS AVAILABLE

585840227[/snapback]

Dell runs the coupon codes often. Just sometimes there are better deals than other times.

You just have to keep checking the many sites that post the coupon codes.

Look for a % off coupon and another stackable coupon. That should give you the best deal.

Dell runs the coupon codes often. Just sometimes there are better deals than other times.

You just have to keep checking the many sites that post the coupon codes.

Look for a % off coupon and another stackable coupon. That should give you the best deal.

585840271[/snapback]

May I ask what sites have them?

okay, i should be happy but in fact i'm not. just checked and my order just got into stage 4 :)

i should be happy but i'm not cause i'm feeling i'll have to return the lcd because all of the problems you and me know. yeah right.

Dell 2005fpw review:

http://www.anandtech.com/displays/showdoc.aspx?i=2400

Excerpt: "The Dell 2005FPW won us over not only as an improvement on the Dell 2001FP, but also as a standard that all other monitors must adhere to for excellent ratings in our future reviews. 20" widescreen display, with split screen over four separate inputs on a 1680x1050 resolution, all for under $500!"

well i finaly got an e-mail on friday to say my order has been shipped, but the phonecall said that it will still be thursday before i recive it :(

1 month to recive a monitor :( this better be the best mnitor i have ever seen or i will be really disapointed :(

holy crap! 94 pages for a review?????? wtf are u people doing in this?????

585852421[/snapback]

wtf ru doin checkin page numbers in the firpf placE!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn.

still waiting. the LCD started shipping on 29th and on UPS it says "IN TRANSIT" to.. EINVHOVEN!?!?

i'm from spain.. i don't get it. does dell send all the stuff from USA or what?